Josh Allen and the Bills

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

2nd team all-pro for Josh this year.
Cool to see that a lot of people are starting to have the kind of confidence in him that we've all had for so much longer.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

It's a hurricane of energy around the bills right now. The team is loose, it has the feeling that they are going to historically March through Tampa. I've never seen anything like it.

ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am Yeah, for that Utah game I was an usher raising money to go on a choir trip to Hawaii. I wasn't allowed to leave or go into the bowels of the stadium to warm up (too young and stupid to not just do it anyway). Couldn't move around, either. It was torture. To make it worse I was by the Utah section on the west side and they were throwing all manner of insults saying how small time Wyoming was, and can't believe these hillbillies, etc.. I've hated Ute fans ever since. But it sure built character lol.

I believe fromolewyoming was there too doing the very same thing the very same night???
When was this? The coldest game I ever attended was 11-11-2000 vs Utah. Night game, 4 degrees at kickoff and 6 below when it ended. They didn’t even bother to clear the snow from our seats.

Cowboys were finally about to put some points on the board with a FG and the holder bobbled the snap. The announcer said “oh poop”. All 500 people in the stands looked toward the booth and laughed. Also this was during the Bush -Gore election that hadn’t been decided yet. When they announced the attendance he added “officials demand a recount”. :D
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 14 times

Josh doing Josh to start the playoffs.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bills win!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

That was a great battle, I was losing my f-word mind, my wife said that last drive had me sounding like I was giving birth. I was pulling out my hair. I really feel bad for moss... That looked painful. They need him, and he's gonna be out. Great teams have depth. It will be interesting.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

If Moss can't play, I wonder if they will bring in Gentry?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:55 pm If Moss can't play, I wonder if they will bring in Gentry?
How does Zach Moss being hurt open a roster spot for Gentry? The Bills will need another RB.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 pm
phxpoke wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:55 pm If Moss can't play, I wonder if they will bring in Gentry?
How does Zach Moss being hurt open a roster spot for Gentry? The Bills will need another RB.
You are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I havent been this pumped about an NFL team and playoffs in a long while. Man what a rollercoster. JA is just such a beast. Lets go buffalo
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ZapPoke wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:17 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am Yeah, for that Utah game I was an usher raising money to go on a choir trip to Hawaii. I wasn't allowed to leave or go into the bowels of the stadium to warm up (too young and stupid to not just do it anyway). Couldn't move around, either. It was torture. To make it worse I was by the Utah section on the west side and they were throwing all manner of insults saying how small time Wyoming was, and can't believe these hillbillies, etc.. I've hated Ute fans ever since. But it sure built character lol.

I believe fromolewyoming was there too doing the very same thing the very same night???
When was this? The coldest game I ever attended was 11-11-2000 vs Utah. Night game, 4 degrees at kickoff and 6 below when it ended. They didn’t even bother to clear the snow from our seats.

Cowboys were finally about to put some points on the board with a FG and the holder bobbled the snap. The announcer said “oh Sh#t”. All 500 people in the stands looked toward the booth and laughed. Also this was during the Bush -Gore election that hadn’t been decided yet. When they announced the attendance he added “officials demand a recount”. :D
It was in 2004.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Cowboys were finally about to put some points on the board with a FG and the holder bobbled the snap. The announcer said “oh Sh#t”. All 500 people in the stands looked toward the booth and laughed. Also this was during the Bush -Gore election that hadn’t been decided yet. When they announced the attendance he added “officials demand a recount”. :D
Was that the night game that was delayed because the lights went out? I was working facilities that night (side job while in school) and it was a miserable night all around.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Was that the night game that was delayed because the lights went out? I was working facilities that night (side job while in school) and it was a miserable night all around.
Yep, that it was. And it was power to everything, not just the lights (had to make a quick bathroom trip, was not fun to say the least).
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 24 times

Nice article on Josh and the Bills with some quotes from Bohl. The author has been to Laramie a couple times with the Tracy Ringolsby excursions and written about them in the Mpls paper. https://m.startribune.com/once-forlorn- ... 600009806/
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wasn't the purdyiest of games, will need to step it up in AFC Championship, we shall see, Go Bills, Go Josh!!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 24 times

The wind was really messing with the throws and kicks. Tucker is one of the most accurate kickers and missed two. Would have been three if they hadn’t gotten those extra yards. The offense is solid but the D needs to tighten up a bit, especially vs the run
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 am The wind was really messing with the throws and kicks. Tucker is one of the most accurate kickers and missed two. Would have been three if they hadn’t gotten those extra yards. The offense is solid but the D needs to tighten up a bit, especially vs the run
Agreed. The main issue for the Bills defense, is that their front 4 are smaller (though faster) than most others. Plus, they play from a 4-2-5 defense. But they did corral Jackson pretty good for most of the game.

For KC... A lot depends on if Mahomes actually plays. He was kept from playing the rest of the game. And when he fist got up, the kid nearly went back down if not for his teammates catching him. So, he's a big question mark. And it also seems the KC o-line has taken some hits over the season. So, that could be a big factor as well.

Either way, here's to Josh and the Bills getting the win, and if they face Brady, clown stomping him for near 20 years of embarrassment.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Chiefs are too damn good
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Diggs is great at getting open, but Tyreek Hill is so freaking fast. How could you not win with both Hill and Kelce? Colby Kirkgaard would be servicable well with those two.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:08 am Diggs is great at getting open, but Tyreek Hill is so freaking fast. How could you not win with both Hill and Kelce? Colby Kirkgaard would be servicable well with those two.
Agree. No matter how many points any other team scores against the Chiefs, you know they will score enough to win. They can name their number. Hill is so fast