Here we go again…

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

With predictable play calling. … geeeeez. SMH :thumbdown:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:03 pm With predictable play calling. … geeeeez. SMH :thumbdown:
Yup. The play will be up the middle 8/10 times
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Not sure why anyone cares anymore? Screw the football team. They suck.

Wouldn’t even get worked up about it.

Follow the basketball team. They are worth the money and deserve to be watched and have fan support. The football team doesn’t.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:35 pm Not sure why anyone cares anymore? Screw the football team. They suck.

Follow the basketball team. They are worth the money and deserve to be watched and have fan support. The football team doesn’t.
That is where I'm at. My focus shifted to basketball several weeks ago, while just barely casually watching football these last few games. It wasn't worth getting worked up over anymore when the coaching/team is so bad. Already much more enjoyable watching a good coach and good playing basketball team
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:35 pm Not sure why anyone cares anymore? Screw the football team. They suck.

This. Bail on the West stands and pour all that moolah into basketball.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

a 2nd and 8.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:39 pm

That is where I'm at. My focus shifted to basketball several weeks ago, while just barely casually watching football these last few games. It wasn't worth getting worked up over anymore when the coaching/team is so bad. Already much more enjoyable watching a good coach and good playing basketball team
I’m out on football. If the team doesn’t care, why should we?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:17 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:39 pm

I’m out on football. If the team doesn’t care, why should we?
Same here. I gave up on football after the Boise game.

Meanwhile, the roundball team is GOOD. Like really good. Can't wait to watch them play again!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Historically, I have not been a fan of forsaking football to build a power in basketball. The Hawaii game and this 2021 season changed my outlook. Even if we sink $50 mil a year into football, we will never compete. We are in the wrong state, wrong conference and wrong era with the wrong leadership. Basketball, on the other hand, could be a power if we pony up money to keep the coaches in place, finish the AA to the designers' and engineers' specs that were in the renderings (I was at the Hastings game and the AA looks cheap and incomplete) and kick NIL into high gear with Ike, Dussell, Oden and others. I was a huge Linder detractor - but I am so glad to say that I was wrong. The guy has it and could be our Mark Few. He is smart, young, full of energy, willing to do whatever it takes to win and coaches an exciting brand of basketball. I cannot imagine what he will do when the AA is rocking again. Pair his style and energy with additional passion from the crowd (which will come soon enough, especially with FB pooping the bed) and WY could be a Top 15 team year in and year out.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I don't think Wyoming will ever have a Mark Few type guy. Wyoming and most MWC jobs will always be stepping stone jobs. But that is Ok, as long as you leave the program is better shape than you found it. I understand a Joe Tiller and Larry Shyatt moving on. They left their respective programs is good shape.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:15 am Historically, I have not been a fan of forsaking football to build a power in basketball. The Hawaii game and this 2021 season changed my outlook. Even if we sink $50 mil a year into football, we will never compete. We are in the wrong state, wrong conference and wrong era with the wrong leadership. Basketball, on the other hand, could be a power if we pony up money to keep the coaches in place, finish the AA to the designers' and engineers' specs that were in the renderings (I was at the Hastings game and the AA looks cheap and incomplete) and kick NIL into high gear with Ike, Dussell, Oden and others. I was a huge Linder detractor - but I am so glad to say that I was wrong. The guy has it and could be our Mark Few. He is smart, young, full of energy, willing to do whatever it takes to win and coaches an exciting brand of basketball. I cannot imagine what he will do when the AA is rocking again. Pair his style and energy with additional passion from the crowd (which will come soon enough, especially with FB pooping the bed) and WY could be a Top 15 team year in and year out.
You oughta tame your exuberance...while I agree that Linder was a homerun hire, in the new world of NIL, I don't see any non 'brand' school gaining consistent top 15 appearances. There's too much money out there and not enough of it here in Wyoming.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:15 am Historically, I have not been a fan of forsaking football to build a power in basketball. The Hawaii game and this 2021 season changed my outlook. Even if we sink $50 mil a year into football, we will never compete. We are in the wrong state, wrong conference and wrong era with the wrong leadership. Basketball, on the other hand, could be a power if we pony up money to keep the coaches in place, finish the AA to the designers' and engineers' specs that were in the renderings (I was at the Hastings game and the AA looks cheap and incomplete) and kick NIL into high gear with Ike, Dussell, Oden and others. I was a huge Linder detractor - but I am so glad to say that I was wrong. The guy has it and could be our Mark Few. He is smart, young, full of energy, willing to do whatever it takes to win and coaches an exciting brand of basketball. I cannot imagine what he will do when the AA is rocking again. Pair his style and energy with additional passion from the crowd (which will come soon enough, especially with FB pooping the bed) and WY could be a Top 15 team year in and year out.
You oughta tame your exuberance...while I agree that Linder was a homerun hire, in the new world of NIL, I don't see any non 'brand' school gaining consistent top 15 appearances. There's too much money out there and not enough of it here in Wyoming.
You are probably right, but if we don’t invest, you wil absolutely be right.