Fire Bohl!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 pm His salary deal has us completely over a barrel.... No way he gets the boot... We are going to limp through two more mediocre seasons... Then... New coach... Then repeat.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you...I just can't see anything changing this cycle.... And while Burman may not be a visionary.... The cycle is bigger than the AD's office.
So what then…. Maintain the status quo? Throw in the towel?

Fuuuuck that.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:29 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 pm His salary deal has us completely over a barrel.... No way he gets the boot... We are going to limp through two more mediocre seasons... Then... New coach... Then repeat.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you...I just can't see anything changing this cycle.... And while Burman may not be a visionary.... The cycle is bigger than the AD's office.

Fuuuuck that.
As I said before NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

Just saw this from Thorburn:

It makes the game plan today even more maddening.

Unprepared, Craig? Try active, intentional, coaching negligence. Un-goddam-believable.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:48 pm Just saw this from Thorburn:

Unprepared, Craig? Try active, intentional, coaching negligence. Un-goddam-believable.
Cody @ 7220 highlighted that point several days ago as well.

Mind boggling, and yet completely unsurprising.

Bingo. This is the best descriptor yet. And for what he’s getting paid ought to be considered criminal.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:15 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:48 pm Just saw this from Thorburn:

Cody @ 7220 highlighted that point several days ago as well.

Mind boggling, and yet completely unsurprising.

Bingo. This is the best descriptor yet. And for what he’s getting paid ought to be considered criminal.
I may have only coached Little League baseball a year or two, but even a mental midget like me could probably figure up a better offensive scheme thank the merry band of geniuses CCB has assembled knowing Hawaii ranked 123 out of 130 teams in the country against the pass. SMH.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Fuuuuck that.
It is frustrating isn't it? For the last 22 years, if all you did was be cynical and jaded and predicted disappointing season after disappointing season.... You would have been right like 90% of the time... And even the "good" years are not all that great.

So, ultimately, fire Bohl.... Don't fire Bohl, doesn't matter to me. It feels like I'm finally seeing things clearly. I see no reason to expect the next 22 years to be any different than the last 22.

Maybe we can pull off what SJSU did last year and catch lightening in a bottle? I suppose that is possible... If that happens I would love it.... But I hope you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I'm just pretty convinced that the type of program that we had from around '87 to '97 will not happen again.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

"I want to take a look at myself, saying 'why in the heck were we not prepared? Because we weren't. So, if you want to come up with an answer, just say, 'Hey, coach Bohl didn't have them very well prepared, because bottom line, that's what it was. Coach Graham had that group prepared and we got schooled up. There, you can put that in your quote." Craig Bohl after the Hawaii loss.

In any other world, Craig Bohl would be shopping his resume. In Burman's world, he can look forward to another few millions of dollars for this kind of poop. Bohl is a smart ass. He fears nobody because Burman gave him a bullet proof extension. This is another of Burman's fine f-word ups as AD. Bohl sucks. Period. Burman sucks. Period. They both need to be gone. Period.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Meh, athletics is often equated to the front porch of the university. Keeping with that analogy, the front porch doesn't matter if the house isn't in order.

UW apparently has some systemic issues as illustrated by the constant flux of leadership. The governor and BOR need to get the house in order as a first step.

Perhaps it's time to consider a new AD in preparation for a transition at HC. Establish a new and fresh foundation and use the next couple of years building for a big splash (new ad, saving for salaries for new hires, etc.). If the shakeup gets Bohl and Company going, great. If not, UW is well prepared to move on.

Honestly, I don't think adding any coach will do anything until the systemic issues are addressed. I don't know what those issues are, but it seems clear to me that they exist.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

2014: 8 losses, 2-6 in conference
2015: 10 losses, 2-6 in conference
2016: 6 losses, 6-2 in conference
2017: 5 losses, 5-3 in conference
2018: 6 losses, 4-4 in conference
2019: 5 losses, 4-4 in conference
2020: 4 losses, 2-4 in conference (6 game season)
2021: 6 losses, 2-6 in conference

I agree with whoever posted on another thread that we are clearly on the back of the bell curve with bohl. We got very lucky our non-conference schedule was so bad this year.

That article in the off-season was right on consistency. We can count on 5 or more losses every year with Bohl and at this point a losing record in conference play.

With our nonconference being much better next year my early prediction is 4-8 with another 2-6 conference record with Bohl at the helm.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoPaPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:58 am What direction for a new hc would y’all want to go in? I’d like Sumlin HC and Bouknight OC even with recent struggles and issues from both. Probably couldn’t afford either
You have to be joking. Kevin Sumlin ran A & M into the ground and then did the same thing at Arizona.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:36 am.

Perhaps it's time to consider a new AD in preparation for a transition at HC. Establish a new and fresh foundation and use the next couple of years building for a big splash (new ad, saving for salaries for new hires, etc.). If the shakeup gets Bohl and Company going, great. If not, UW is well prepared to move on.

Honestly, I don't think adding any coach will do anything until the systemic issues are addressed. I don't know what those issues are, but it seems clear to me that they exist.
This seems as good of an approach as any I've heard... Just switching out Bohl will not do much. Not that what you describe actually will... But the possibility is there
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoPaPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 am
WyoPaPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:58 am What direction for a new hc would y’all want to go in? I’d like Sumlin HC and Bouknight OC even with recent struggles and issues from both. Probably couldn’t afford either
You have to be joking. Kevin Sumlin ran A & M into the ground and then did the same thing at Arizona.
I did mention even with recent struggles. Just thinking about those with Wyoming connections. He wasn’t all bad at a&m, Arizona yes. So what’s your joke of an idea?

I have no idea. But I would hope it would be someone who would find Wyoming a step up, not a step down. A guy who's been at two P5 schools and got paid far more than we could pay is not the right move. Sumlin probably wouldn't take the job anyway.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:37 am
WyoPaPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 am
I did mention even with recent struggles. Just thinking about those with Wyoming connections. He wasn’t all bad at a&m, Arizona yes. So what’s your joke of an idea?

I have no idea. But I would hope it would be someone who would find Wyoming a step up, not a step down. A guy who's been at two P5 schools and got paid far more than we could pay is not the right move. Sumlin probably wouldn't take the job anyway.
We quite simply need to hire someone with FBS HC experience, preferably someone on an upward trajectory from the MAC, C-USA, or the Sunbelt.

FFS, Matt Campbell remained at Toledo for two seasons after we hired Bohl. Bohl was like this shiny object that Jonathan Livingston Burman Seagull fixated on (along with plenty of others). We're paying well enough to hire an FBS HC from another program.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:23 pm We are and will always be mediocre with the him. I’m done.
What's the worst that can happen?
I don't think this is a realistic argument. Remember the Vic Koenning year era? 5 total wins over three seasons. If we are changing directions, then there needs to be a better plan in place other than "it can't get any worse." Especially if we go bowling.

Personally I think the first step is to decide whether our new Offensive Coordinator and (basically) new Defensive Coordinator are the answers going forward. I wasn't satisfied with the new offensive line coach. But we have had a brand new coach there each year of the past 4 years or so, it seams.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

This sucks. There is no good answer here.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:00 pm This sucks. There is no good answer here.
Real possibility that Bohl is WYO's plateau in modern college football. Funny to hear Bohl argue about conference strength to get in bowl game. He'd poop down both legs if he had to face Glenn's MWC.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:45 am 2014: 8 losses, 2-6 in conference
2015: 10 losses, 2-6 in conference
2016: 6 losses, 6-2 in conference
2017: 5 losses, 5-3 in conference
2018: 6 losses, 4-4 in conference
2019: 5 losses, 4-4 in conference
2020: 4 losses, 2-4 in conference (6 game season)
2021: 6 losses, 2-6 in conference

I agree with whoever posted on another thread that we are clearly on the back of the bell curve with bohl. We got very lucky our non-conference schedule was so bad this year.

That article in the off-season was right on consistency. We can count on 5 or more losses every year with Bohl and at this point a losing record in conference play.

With our nonconference being much better next year my early prediction is 4-8 with another 2-6 conference record with Bohl at the helm.
Bell curves usually curve. We are so mediocre our bell curve is even flat.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I’m with Wyovanian. We need a n up and comer from a lesser conference. Or a retread who has had some success at some point. Someone with real fbs experience as a HC

I don’t want to hear BsS about this is our ceiling when we haven’t gone this route in how long??
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If Wyo hired Sumlin, tell someone at the state liquor department to up the orders for Laramie. He's one of the biggest drinkers in college coaching. At A&M (likely Arizona too) he had a person who's sole job was to drive him around and keep him out of trouble.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 pm If Wyo hired Sumlin, tell someone at the state liquor department to up the orders for Laramie. He's one of the biggest drinkers in college coaching. At A&M (likely Arizona too) he had a person who's sole job was to drive him around and keep him out of trouble.
Yeah, we're not hiring Sumlin or anyone else other than Bohl. However, if we did and they could actually win, their drinking habits would'nt concern me much. The WYO jack mormons? Maybe.