Denver University, Thursday, December 2nd, 7:00 p.m....Help turn the AA into the "Dome of Doom" again.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:18 am UW hoops is looking great - talented, well coached, and obviously passion to play the game (other like the other major sport at UW). Hopefully the fans will return to the 2002-ish form. That said, I am still pissed about the seating reorg that UW did (Burman) years ago. It leaves very little opportunity for the lower bowl of the arena to be filled. Major [#]f##k up if you ask me. I don't know the fix, but it needs one.
The remodel was an unmitigated disaster
It still is an unmitigated disaster. They need to finish it. The AA looks like it is unfinished and will until they go forward with rest of the design that we were all shown. Instead of sinking $70 million into the football stadium and swimming facility (build swimming, fine, but tank the West stands reno and only redo bathrooms in the lower section), build out the AA as envisioned.
And get rid of the piss troughs? That's a hallmark of the War! Every time I went in those bathrooms I get reminded of the Rob Riggle piss trough bit. f-word hilarious bit that any Wyo fan can very much relate to.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyoming’s defense looks horrible tonight. Letting guys just get up easy shots and wide open shots. Not putting a hand up at all. Going under screens instead of over them. Hope they pick the defense up better. We are supposed to not allow 3’s and tonight they have given up a bunch so far.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Denver playing well. Not sure what they're shooting but it seem like they're shooting well and should cool off.
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I would not want to be on the business end of Linder in that halftime locker room. Gonna be a little bit uncomfortable.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I hope Linder chews their asses out for playing so lazy on defense.

The last 4:32 of the half Denver outscored us 17-4

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

They are shooting out of their minds. And we are missing gimmes. Come on pokes
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

56 percent from the floor and 58 percent from behind the arc. They're shooting lights out.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
RaleighCoach
Buckaroo

Evening Wyoming Fans. I am a high school basketball coach in Raleigh (Syracuse native, masssssssive Bills fan my entire life-thank you for your gift of JA) and am doing a lot of Jeff Linder research. What is the best way for me to watch their games?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Harder than it should be on offense, but we are playing better d
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

RaleighCoach wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:08 pm Evening Wyoming Fans. I am a high school basketball coach in Raleigh (Syracuse native, masssssssive Bills fan my entire life-thank you for your gift of JA) and am doing a lot of Jeff Linder research. What is the best way for me to watch their games?
Live or do you mean past games as well?

a lot of wyoming games can be watched on gowyo.com or themw.com if they're not on ESPN+ or CBSSN

If I was a high school coach, I too would want to study Jeff.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Good to see the students show up and it looks like others are starting to take notice. This team deserves it. This place is going to rock by conference season.
W-Y, Until I Die!
RaleighCoach
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:57 pm
RaleighCoach wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:08 pm Evening Wyoming Fans. I am a high school basketball coach in Raleigh (Syracuse native, masssssssive Bills fan my entire life-thank you for your gift of JA) and am doing a lot of Jeff Linder research. What is the best way for me to watch their games?
Live or do you mean past games as well?

a lot of wyoming games can be watched on gowyo.com or themw.com if they're not on ESPN+ or CBSSN

If I was a high school coach, I too would want to study Jeff.

Both, live and past games. Thank you for your response!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Ike is a man among boys. Supreme talent
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Linder made some really good adjustments this game.

Initially Oden was the screen man for the Maldonado post ups which left Oden on the wing above Maldonado. His man kept sagging off him to double Maldonado which resulted in some missed threes from Oden. The adjustment Linder made was to put Oden in the weak side corner with Jeffries providing the ball screen to space the floor and force Denver to go one on one with Maldonado, give up an open three to Jeffries, or bring the double from the weak side and play the closeout and rotate game. That made a huge difference in the second half.

Linder stopped putting Ike on that Henn kid that was killing us. Ike was forced to guard him with Thompson in the game since Thompson is next to useless on defense. Thompson was in due to the previous issue of spacing with Oden on offense. Linder fixed the issue by moving Oden to the weak side corner on offense. He also gave up on Thompson and started playing Wenzel at the 4 for his perimeter defense and shooting ability. All these changes were huge in this game as Denver was having a really good shooting night in the first half. Taking Ike off of Henn was huge for preventing open shots for him. After their offense started struggling, Denver let a lot of possessions get away from them by playing playground basketball.

Overall I would say a decent win considering the end of the first half.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Also have to say that hopefully this is a wakeup call to the kids that they aren't good enough to overlook anyone or coast to finish a half. Arizona doesn't matter until you take care of Mcneese State.
Last edited by DVDA on Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

4030 thats more than we've had in there in quite sometime, hope Saturday against McNeese St is at least 7k. Cuz they deserve to be seen at 7-0...i gotta go North to Buffalo for my Mom's assistance, wish i could be in both places, I'll listen to Reece
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Considering DuSell had 0 points, I think this game turned out really well. I'd think we need 10pts from Dusell each night
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Great coaching adjustments at half time, and even better execution by the players. This is a fun, talented bunch. They won't finish the season undefeated, but they most definitely should be in the mix for the conference championship and a ticket to the Dance. Great second half, Pokes. Keep it up!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 pm Considering DuSell had 0 points, I think this game turned out really well. I'd think we need 10pts from Dusell each night
Yeah, the shots were not falling for X or Oden. But both contributed in other ways. Nice D in the second half, and the first half really. The Pioneers were making some difficult shots so have to give them some credit.