Vigen and his Bobcats

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

The guy we all (or most of us) badmouthed for years is about to have his team upset the defending National Champions in Huntsville, Texas no less to get a spot in the National Championship game on January 8th (my 48th birthday in fact).

Montana State is up 35-12 over # 1 Sam Houston State!!!! :shock:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I believe they will play south dakota state next and NDSU will play James Madison. Who ever wins those games will be in the championship. But yes bobcats got a nice win today.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Mtpoke89 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:56 pm I believe they will play south dakota state next and NDSU will play James Madison. Who ever wins those games will be in the championship. But yes bobcats got a nice win today.
Oops. Shoulda read the brackets better. :oops:

Whoever said it on here was right. Vigen makes a better head coach than an assistant coach!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I agree. Honestly just shows that we have no idea how much of our offensive problems is bohls doing. Being stubborn trying to force something that he wants us to be. He can claim ceo all he wants but I have a feeling he is always telling the assistant coaches what he wants and if they deviate to much from it he is in there ear the next day. Good job vigen on your run.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I don't follow fcs closely but it's interesting how well the Northern (and near mountain west region) do. Theoretically, limitations like few recruits in the region, etc. should apply. The South is loaded with football talent and it would seem logical that the guys just outside of FBS would stay closer to home.

Maybe those schools are located in states without fbs and those institutions are the premiere in the state which makes them closer to fbs than an fcs team in TX, for example. Maybe their facilities/support is that much better than others in fcs?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

:willybs:
Mtpoke89 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:06 pm I agree. Honestly just shows that we have no idea how much of our offensive problems is bohls doing. Being stubborn trying to force something that he wants us to be. He can claim ceo all he wants but I have a feeling he is always telling the assistant coaches what he wants and if they deviate to much from it he is in there ear the next day. Good job vigen on your run.
When your talent is on par with the top of the FCS, then you can compete with any system. Wyoming is near last in recruiting every year just compared to our conference mates. You can’t deduce anything from Vigen leaving other than he appears to be a decent head coach. If Bohl magically took over Alabama, I’m sure he’s be successful. Hell, Alabama barely had qbs that could make it in the nfl until recently.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I mean I understand that. I just feel bohl demands more in the offense than what he leads on is all. I feel we under utilize our talent at times. I don't remember MSU being really great last few years but maybe I'm wrong. Either way I agree, can't really take much from it other than vigen is doing good as a head coach. I'm in eastern Montana now. Lots of ndsu and bobcat fans in my area. Really hoping both those teams make it to the championship, my town will be having some fun.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:47 am :willybs:
Mtpoke89 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:06 pm I agree. Honestly just shows that we have no idea how much of our offensive problems is bohls doing. Being stubborn trying to force something that he wants us to be. He can claim ceo all he wants but I have a feeling he is always telling the assistant coaches what he wants and if they deviate to much from it he is in there ear the next day. Good job vigen on your run.
When your talent is on par with the top of the FCS, then you can compete with any system. Wyoming is near last in recruiting every year just compared to our conference mates. You can’t deduce anything from Vigen leaving other than he appears to be a decent head coach. If Bohl magically took over Alabama, I’m sure he’s be successful. Hell, Alabama barely had qbs that could make it in the nfl until recently.
Spot on. We're comparing apples to oranges here. If Vigen had gone to an FBS program and started dominating, then there'd be a much stronger point made.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Who is still confused by this? Craig Bohl had always been the problem with our offense... It was never Vigen. We all like the hard nosed defensive mindset but it comes at the price of a really conservative vanilla offense. That was Bohl's philosophy before Vigen left... And it's still his philosophy. We will never have a dynamic offense as long as Bohl is here... No matter who the OC is.

That stubborn mindset and focus on physical defense will probably keep us from getting into some of the deep holes the program has been in during the last 20 years... But it won't get us to the top of the conference.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

307bball wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:57 pm Who is still confused by this? Craig Bohl had always been the problem with our offense... It was never Vigen. We all like the hard nosed defensive mindset but it comes at the price of a really conservative vanilla offense. That was Bohl's philosophy before Vigen left... And it's still his philosophy. We will never have a dynamic offense as long as Bohl is here... No matter who the OC is.

That stubborn mindset and focus on physical defense will probably keep us from getting into some of the deep holes the program has been in during the last 20 years... But it won't get us to the top of the conference.
Good point. Ths type of approach/philosophy from Bohl will keep us from ever being a cellar dweller but i question how far it can take us.
I'm good for 3!