Neyor has offers from….

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

USC, Baylor, Washington State and Tennessee among others. Good for him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Ugh. What could have been. Thanks for nothing Bohl. The offense should have been designed around him

Also , thanks for nothing Isaiah! Way to treat the school that was the only one to take a chance on you
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:52 am Ugh. What could have been. Thanks for nothing Bohl. The offense should have been designed around him

Also , thanks for nothing Isaiah! Way to treat the school that was the only one to take a chance on you
Thanks for nothing? How many games would we have won without him? How is this Bohl's fault? We don't have any present or future hall of fame qb's on the roster. We had enough problems completing a 5 yard out route.

The kid doesn't owe us anything. He has to consider his own future. I'd say going to USC with a new coach who understands the passing game maybe a good idea. Plus, I hear they have beaches and hot girls.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:06 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:52 am Ugh. What could have been. Thanks for nothing Bohl. The offense should have been designed around him

Thanks for nothing? How many games would we have won without him? How is this Bohl's fault? We don't have any present or future hall of fame qb's on the roster. We had enough problems completing a 5 yard out route.

The kid doesn't owe us anything. He has to consider his own future. I'd say going to USC with a new coach who understands the passing game maybe a good idea. Plus, I hear they have beaches and hot girls.
His future? Guarantee he would have been drafted had he stayed with us. We were the only school to give him a chance. He had a fantastic year and would have had more fantastic years. He used our resources, time and money. So much for loyalty and gratitude to teammates and coaches. Whatever.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I would have left too. I don't blame the kid for leaving. getting limited targets and overthrown half of the time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:51 pm I would have left too. I don't blame the kid for leaving. getting limited targets and overthrown half of the time.
Limited targets? He had poop ton of targets, yards and TDs. This was his first real year too. Bet he would have had an even bigger role in the comings years too
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:57 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:51 pm I would have left too. I don't blame the kid for leaving. getting limited targets and overthrown half of the time.
Limited targets? He had Sh#t ton of targets, yards and TDs. This was his first real year too. Bet he would have had an even bigger role in the comings years too
The blame still does not rest with the players Lander. The ability to leave a situation that you don't want to be in is fundamental. Wish them well and move on.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:57 pm
Limited targets? He had Sh#t ton of targets, yards and TDs. This was his first real year too. Bet he would have had an even bigger role in the comings years too
The blame still does not rest with the players Lander. The ability to leave a situation that you don't want to be in is fundamental. Wish them well and move on.
Disagree.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

This is dumb to criticize Neyor. He would be crazy to turn down the NIL money he will make at another program to stay at Wyoming instead. None of us would turn down a job offer that substantially increases our pay.

If I was advising Neyor, I’d say take the money. To decline the money would be crazy.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

If Neyor feels more pride playing for USC and can handle less playing time and targets then good for him. That is going to be a 10 receiver depth chart to work up. I do believe NIL money is the wildcard though. Somehow there must be limits put on it so all teams can offer NIL.

Wyoming has proven it can get players to the NFL this has to be promoted to potential players. Do i believe Neyor could have made it to the NFL if he stays at Wyoming? Yes absolutely. Can he work his way up the depth chart on a P5 and still give him that opportunity? That's what will be interesting to see. Best of luck to him.... just remember hindsight is 20/20
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:00 pm If Neyor feels more pride playing for USC and can handle less playing time and targets then good for him. That is going to be a 10 receiver depth chart to work up. I do believe NIL money is the wildcard though. Somehow there must be limits put on it so all teams can offer NIL.

Wyoming has proven it can get players to the NFL this has to be promoted to potential players. Do i believe Neyor could have made it to the NFL if he stays at Wyoming? Yes absolutely. Can he work his way up the depth chart on a P5 and still give him that opportunity? That's what will be interesting to see. Best of luck to him.... just remember hindsight is 20/20
Neyor will play and start at any team in the country including Alabama. Most physically gifted receiver to ever come to Wyoming.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:38 pm

His future? Guarantee he would have been drafted had he stayed with us. We were the only school to give him a chance. He had a fantastic year and would have had more fantastic years. He used our resources, time and money. So much for loyalty and gratitude to teammates and coaches. Whatever.
We've got scholarship athletes who use the same resources who don't generate a single dime of revenue for the school. Our investment in Nayor paid huge dividends. Wyoming is the geeky kid who takes the geeky girl to the 9th grade dance. She loses the braces, puts on makeup, and gets a figure. Suddenly, she's dating the captain of the basketball team. The geeky guy is still a geek. His only redeeming quality is he took her out when no one else would. She doesn't owe him any loyalty. She didn't marry him. Your argument is with the rules, not Nayor.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

The above is going to continue to be the case. When a player is given the opportunity at a school that may not be a blue blood and does well at that school, in this case Wyoming, the blue bloods will poach said player.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Don’t care. Screw him and all those that leave that are starters and are successful here
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:24 pm Don’t care. Screw him and all those that leave that are starters and are successful here
Williams, Weber and Jones are the ones that irk me. They would be starters at Wyoming and won’t be getting any significant NIL money anywhere and may not even end up as a starter in their new programs.

Neyor probably made the right call from a financial perspective and a NIL perspective . I will never fault someone for leaving a job for a pay raise. We would almost all make the same decision on a similar circumstance.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

Dude, he just did the good ol' American "f-word you, pay me!" Nothing wrong with it. I have to laugh at the ideology that says, "Everything should be based on the free market...No, not like that!"
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Brew_Poke wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Dude, he just did the good ol' American "[#]f##k you, pay me!" Nothing wrong with it. I have to laugh at the ideology that says, "Everything should be based on the free market...No, not like that!"
Still don’t care. Screw him
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

The level of sour grapes is of the charts.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Add Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, TCU, Houston

Neyor might lead the country in offers to a player in the transfer portal.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Add the Texas Longhorns to Neyor’s offers. I’m betting he ends up a Texas Longhorn.