MW Tournament

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Well might as well start this thread.

A couple of questions.

Are you buying tickets from the UW ticket sales, or elsewhere?

Are you buying the full tournament passes?
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I only need two tickets for Thursday. Either something like stub hub or if someone one here is selling tickets for Thursday, I would rather help them out.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone know where the Wyoming section is at the Thomas and Mack for the Thursday game? Can’t buy tickets on the UW site.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

UNLV ticket website is where I'll go
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Anyone else having trouble getting the Cowgirls v. CSEwe stream?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm Anyone else having trouble getting the Cowgirls v. CSEwe stream?
I’m getting it on the MW app. No issues.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sure hope the guys showing is way better than the ladies tonite...38 points can't win many games with that total
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:41 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm Anyone else having trouble getting the Cowgirls v. CSEwe stream?
I’m getting it on the MW app. No issues.
I switched from gowyo.com to the MW stream and it came in fine.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Cowgirls thought the game was only three quarters
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:21 am Cowgirls thought the game was only three quarters
seriously
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Has anyone heard of any pregame parties in Vegas?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I hate that house dude
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

A couple good results from other tournaments today that help us a little. Wake Forest lost a Q3 game today and they were being projected in the 11/12 seed range. That makes them a little more catchable and more at risk of losing their at large spot.

Stanford won on a buzzer beater over ASU. Helps us a little by just making our loss to them look not as bad. Would be even better if Stanford won a couple in the tournament and climbed the net rankings up 8 spots to be a Q2 loss for us again rather than a Q3 loss
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:24 pm A couple good results from other tournaments today that help us a little. Wake Forest lost a Q3 game today and they were being projected in the 11/12 seed range. That makes them a little more catchable and more at risk of losing their at large spot.

Stanford won on a buzzer beater over ASU. Helps us a little by just making our loss to them look not as bad. Would be even better if Stanford won a couple in the tournament and climbed the net rankings up 8 spots to be a Q2 loss for us again rather than a Q3 loss
Wake Forest loss only helps us if we win. Right now I’m not sure Wake will get in with 1 quad 1 win and their non conference schedule which was bad. That loss today will drop them to the first four in/first 4 out area at best.

If Wyoming can win tomorrow it could help us get out of the play in game area and just directly into the top 64 of the tournament.

If Xavier can lose now that will be big also. They are down 1 to Butler with 11 minutes to go. Would knock another team down that is in the last 4 in/out area.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:58 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:24 pm A couple good results from other tournaments today that help us a little. Wake Forest lost a Q3 game today and they were being projected in the 11/12 seed range. That makes them a little more catchable and more at risk of losing their at large spot.

Wake Forest loss only helps us if we win. Right now I’m not sure Wake will get in with 1 quad 1 win and their non conference schedule which was bad. That loss today will drop them to the first four in/first 4 out area at best.

If Wyoming can win tomorrow it could help us get out of the play in game area and just directly into the top 64 of the tournament.

If Xavier can lose now that will be big also. They are down 1 to Butler with 11 minutes to go. Would knock another team down that is in the last 4 in/out area.
Well sure any of these games only help us if we win. I think if we lose we are out regardless. If we win these games help us be safer with the assumption we lose in the semis. There is still no guarantee even with the win that the mw will get 4 teams in and we are clearly the 4th, so every little bit helps. Beating UNLV will move our net ranking very little if at all the same way getting a Q2 win over Fresno did nothing. So assuming we remain around net 48 and don't win the mw tournament, we need as many bubble/11/12 seed projections to lose as possible
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Butler beat Xavier in OT.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Beat UNLV. Then win the whole damned tournament. Don't leave it in the hands of others. We have a team that can beat anyone. So let's go do it. No excuses. We are rested - at least as rested as everyone else. We are healthy - at least as healthy as everyone else. We have the coaching. We have the talent. We will have a boatload of fans in the stands.

Let's roll. No damned excuses.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Would be nice if the Cowboys showed up tomorrow and played a full game and beat UNLV by double digits.

They have played too much like they are loafing lately. They need to get it together and play like they are capable of. Would be nice to get a blow out win for once.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LawPoke wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:59 pm Beat UNLV. Then win the whole damned tournament. Don't leave it in the hands of others. We have a team that can beat anyone. So let's go do it. No excuses. We are rested - at least as rested as everyone else. We are healthy - at least as healthy as everyone else. We have the coaching. We have the talent. We will have a boatload of fans in the stands.

Let's roll. No damned excuses.
Agreed...We had the chance a few weeks back to put this away and didn't. Now we have to do it at the MW tournament. LET'S GO POKES!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:15 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Well sure any of these games only help us if we win. I think if we lose we are out regardless. If we win these games help us be safer with the assumption we lose in the semis. There is still no guarantee even with the win that the mw will get 4 teams in and we are clearly the 4th, so every little bit helps. Beating UNLV will move our net ranking very little if at all the same way getting a Q2 win over Fresno did nothing. So assuming we remain around net 48 and don't win the mw tournament, we need as many bubble/11/12 seed projections to lose as possible
If Wyoming beats UNLV by double digits it will move the NET ranking a few places up. If you beat them by 20 it would move it up 10 spots minimum.

That’s the thing about the NET ranking is that if you beat a bad team by 20 points like San Jose st it moves you up a lot more than if you beat a good team like CSU or Boise by 5 points. The way they have the parameters set on it, you move up a lot for blowouts and not as much for beating good teams.

That’s why every time a team beat SJSU by 20 or more they moved up 10 spots or more in NET this year and moved maybe one spot or nothing after beating good teams.

That’s why Wyoming didn’t move with the win over Fresno St. , because they barely won. You have to blowout teams or win by double digits for NET to move you much. I’ve followed it all year as have some other fans on other boards and when CSU beat SJSU by 30 they moved up like 15 spots. When Utah St beat them by 20 they moved up 10 spots.

NET needs to fix that part of it but at least it’s better than BPI who has Wyoming at around 106. If the committee used ESPN BPI we wouldn’t even get invited to the NIT.