Indiana vs Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:44 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am Indiana has been an underperforming program for years. They had only been in the tourney more recently than us by 1 year. They snuck in just like we did but probably more so: If Michigan doesnt blow a 17 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game, Indiana is prepping for the NIT today. We're going to have to bring our game like we didn't bring to Vegas, but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
Agreed, and I would say Wyo shouldn’t have just slipped in. They haven’t played well the last couple weeks of the season. If they return to play like they did earlier in the year that can hang with a lot of gold teams. If they play like they did the last 10 mins of the Boise St game, that can hang with a lot of good teams. If not, well it was fun for much of the year. And, this is a great group of kids. They are quality people.

Go Pokes!

and get Linder a raise.
Funny how our drop off coincided with the compression of rescheduled games. Our seven-man rotation did just fine when we had three days between games. When the rescheduled games hit, we just didn't have the legs. I think we have a good shot at beating Indiana, but after that, our odds drop significantly with only one day between games and almost coast-to-coast travel.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I don’t think Indiana is Goliath at all. They aren’t close to as good as Arizona was/is.

Indiana has been playing a lot better though and Wyoming hasn’t played well at all. Won’t be surprised if we lose by 20 and won’t be surprised if we win by 1 point.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:52 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:44 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am Indiana has been an underperforming program for years. They had only been in the tourney more recently than us by 1 year. They snuck in just like we did but probably more so: If Michigan doesnt blow a 17 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game, Indiana is prepping for the NIT today. We're going to have to bring our game like we didn't bring to Vegas, but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
Agreed, and I would say Wyo shouldn’t have just slipped in. They haven’t played well the last couple weeks of the season. If they return to play like they did earlier in the year that can hang with a lot of gold teams. If they play like they did the last 10 mins of the Boise St game, that can hang with a lot of good teams. If not, well it was fun for much of the year. And, this is a great group of kids. They are quality people.

Go Pokes!

and get Linder a raise.
Funny how our drop off coincided with the compression of rescheduled games. Our seven-man rotation did just fine when we had three days between games. When the rescheduled games hit, we just didn't have the legs. I think we have a good shot at beating Indiana, but after that, our odds drop significantly with only one day between games and almost coast-to-coast travel.
I made this same point on another post and was told “they’re D1 players” they should be able to handle the travel and games. They’re also human, and unfortunately the travel for the Pokes wasn’t from Laramie, often it was a bus ride to Denver and then catch a plane. They were likely having to leave pretty early to catch a 1pm flight.

I have no doubt it took a toll on them, D1 athlete or not.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I believe the NCAA pays for the charter flights to and from tourney games. I could definitely be wrong about that
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:56 pm I believe the NCAA pays for the charter flights to and from tourney games. I could definitely be wrong about that
You aren’t wrong. They did charter direct from Laramie.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:44 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm Jackson-Davis is their main guy. Going to be a good matchup. Need to keep Johnson off the boards. Based on his rebound numbers and his 55% FG percentage, he probably gets some put back for his 12 pts per game. Both guards look like they can shoot 3s.

I still don't know why we don't put the irishman in to bang bodies a little. When I've seen him play D, he slides his feet and goes straight up. They score on him but he looks decent playing. Hunter T can't guard anyone without fouling.
They call fouls way differently in the tournament. Should be able to bang a little bit.
I’m going to be a bit of a contrarian and say we may need more whistles to get Ike to the line more. If teams are allowed to bang with him without us getting any calls he turns into a black hole on offense because he can’t get to the line, and leads to those stretches where we go 5 minutes without a basket because we try to get Ike going in the post but nothings happening.
Indiana led the BigTen in fouls committed. You guys may have a feast at the foul line tonight. IU has improved foul shooting recently so their season average is a bit low compared to the past 5-7 games. Your foul shooting may be the big difference tonight and enough to get the win.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's like Ike stole the wives of all the referees half way through conference season. He can't buy a call. Shooting three FTs a game on 20 shots in close proximity to the rim. Yeah, I don't buy that
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

My only concern for this game is Ike thinks he is bigger than he actually is. In numerous games this season he played bad against someone equally sized with length.

His shot has been terrible the last 3-4 games missing point blank shots.

This is going to be a very interesting game. I could see it going either way and for that reason no prediction from me but I’m going to enjoy having at least one more game while hoping for 2+.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:27 pm My only concern for this game is Ike thinks he is bigger than he actually is. In numerous games this season he played bad against someone equally sized with length.

His shot has been terrible the last 3-4 games missing point blank shots.

This is going to be a very interesting game. I could see it going either way and for that reason no prediction from me but I’m going to enjoy having at least one more game while hoping for 2+.
Until the last three games of the year Jackson-Davis had the same problem as Ike, not playing well against centers bigger than him. The coach put a bug up his ass at halftime of the Michigan game where they came back from 17 points down (not with 5 minute to go as some poster said but about 13 to go) and since that half time motivating ass chewing no one will talk about in public, JD has been a monster.

Watching video on YouTube I noticed Ike doesn't get off the ground much on his shots and if JD doesn't block it Rayce Thompson will. I fear Jeffries getting hot or Oden hitting key outside shots more than I do Ike as a fan, not a coach.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:44 am Well the one saving grace to this game is that absolutely nobody and I mean nobody is picking Wyoming to win or cover the spread.

Every person I have seen on TV or YouTube has picked Indiana to win and to cover the spread. Most bets are on Indiana and a lot of money is on Indiana.

It’s basically an us against the world type game. A lot of times when that happens and nobody is picking a team, the other team wins. So maybe Wyoming surprises everyone, including myself and finds a way to win this game.
The ESPN personalities that are playing in the background for me mostly picked the Pokes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

They’re.still.wearing.makes :lol:
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Come on Graham....we need your best game!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Ike throwing up brick after brick again
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Ike still cold from field
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Indiana is getting way too many offensive rebounds and second chances. We got to clean up our defensive rebounding
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Stupid turnovers are killing us too.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

God some of these turnovers are horrifically bad. Come on men!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

These wasted opportunities are going to bite Wyoming in the ass later on. They better hope the crappy version of Indiana showed up today.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Whatever Graham had going through the first half of the season seems completely gone...needs to let the game come to him. Forcing it is going to be a bad result
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Throwing ball straight out of bounds. Rebound going right off their hands. Giving up lots of O-boards. Not a good recipe. Eventually they’ll hit some shots
W-Y, Until I Die!