PORTAL TRACKER: LET’S CHECK IN ON FORMER WYOMING FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Nice write up by Cody Tucker examining the progress of the Pokes off season transfers.

https://7220sports.com/portal-tracker-l ... l-players/
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 154 times

I’d say most of that is expected. The cream of the crop are playing well for p5 schools. Others aren’t playing at all and the one transferring to g5 are about in the same place they were here. The transfer downs are doing well.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

Who gives a s——- ? They’re gone. Screw ‘em. They left. Keeping track of guys that did want to be here is pathetic and makes us look so small time.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 am Who gives a s——- ? They’re gone. Screw ‘em. They left. Keeping track of guys that did want to be here is pathetic and makes us look so small time.
You may be un-interested in how former Cowboys are doing, but there is nothing inherently "small time" in paying attention to what the guys transferring out of the program are up to. You are free to avert your gaze from articles like these....just like I'm free to not care what Bohl says in a presser that everybody gets up in arms about. To each their own.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:00 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 am Who gives a s——- ? They’re gone. Screw ‘em. They left. Keeping track of guys that did want to be here is pathetic and makes us look so small time.
You may be un-interested in how former Cowboys are doing, but there is nothing inherently "small time" in paying attention to what the guys transferring out of the program are up to. You are free to avert your gaze from articles like these....just like I'm free to not care what Bohl says in a presser that everybody gets up in arms about. To each their own.
Straight up pathetic. Basically admitting we're a JC for other schools. So small time
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:51 am
. Basically admitting we're a JC for other schools. So small time
Unfortunately given the direction college football is going Wyoming like the majority of non-power 5 teams has become that with the advent of the transfer portal and NIL. In truth a lot of power % teams are close to being in the same boat .
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Straight up pathetic. Basically admitting we're a JC for other schools. So small time
Your own words are an admonition to "screw 'em" along with calling an interest in former Cowboys "pathetic". This is language that suggests there is a moral failing at play in either the players that left the program, or the fans that have a passing interest in said player, or both. If that is truly what you mean...methinks some insecurity around your own identity is showing through. If we were truly not "small time", transfers out of the program and their success's elsewhere would be regarded with passing curiosity and no more....it definitely would not arouse the ire I am detecting from your rants. I will continue to un-apologetically consume news of former cowboys...particularly when they performed well. Some guys are tools and I'm glad they are gone but that is rare.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:04 am
Your own words are an admonition to "screw 'em" along with calling an interest in former Cowboys "pathetic". This is language that suggests there is a moral failing at play in either the players that left the program, or the fans that have a passing interest in said player, or both. If that is truly what you mean...methinks some insecurity around your own identity is showing through. If we were truly not "small time", transfers out of the program and their success's elsewhere would be regarded with passing curiosity and no more....it definitely would not arouse the ire I am detecting from your rants. I will continue to un-apologetically consume news of former cowboys...particularly when they performed well. Some guys are tools and I'm glad they are gone but that is rare.
Nope. pathetic and small time of our fans and beat writers to give a even 1/2 a ____ about players that walked out on UW when there are plenty of good stories to be written about players that currently play for UW and are currently cowboys. What a waste of time, effort and mental energy. Your views on this subject are the least surprising thing ever lol, knowing you. I bet you cheered on the guy that stole your girlfriend in high school.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Uh...
Last edited by PokesArePeopleToo on Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:07 pm Uh, if we're "small time" or a "JC school" as the result of several players leaving our program to go to another program, then what are the schools who had players leaving those programs to come to us via the transfer portal?
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 am
Nope. pathetic and small time of our fans and beat writers to give a even 1/2 a ____ about players that walked out on UW when there are plenty of good stories to be written about players that currently play for UW and are currently cowboys. What a waste of time, effort and mental energy. Your views on this subject are the least surprising thing ever lol, knowing you. I bet you cheered on the guy that stole your girlfriend in high school.
Write those stories then.....there is certainly no shortage of platforms in this day and age. You are free to publish them in any way you see fit.

Maybe you are overestimating the mental energy, time and effort? Do you think fans are turning over rocks trying to find this information? My news feed is chock full of barely tangential Wyoming news that is far less connected to sports and it's really not an effort to scan an article and peruse a headline. Again...The ire this topic seems to produce in you is very amusing.

Your pearl clutching around "players that walked out on UW"...is amusing. You are in a diminishing minority of very old fashioned people that view college athletics as some sort of sacred bond between institution and (I can hardly write it with a straight face) student-athlete. I hate the part of the new world order that seems to almost encourage transfers and is directly bad for the competitive balance .... but I'm not at all saying it was better when this stuff was going on behind closed doors and athletes were not benefiting at all. Are you pining for the days when sports were seen by mainstream media and fans as some sort of morality play? If so, I have news for you....those were not the good old days.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

If we’re gonna use stupid the deed metaphors and personal insults… How about this. Let’s say you’re Isiah Neyor at Wyoming under Craig Bohl. Then you get the opportunity to play for Texas. Choosing to stay at Wyoming is like choosing to marry the trailer trash girl down the street that doesn’t work and takes all your money cause she gave you a hanjo once, but hey, she’ll give a great gummer when all her teeth fall out at 30.

Meanwhile your choosing not to marry the hot rich girl down the street whose dad owns a 10,000 acre ranch in a general unit with 350 inch bulls behind every tree. Cause you know, White Trashley down the street gave you an ol fashioned once so you would pay her rent that month and buy food for her 6 kids she has at the age of 22, and don’t forget, someday those gummers are gonna be great.

Enjoy your gummers Lander. We should all emulate your steadfast commitment to White Trashley. Meanwhile, Neyors gonna be banging the hot rich girl down the street (and her hot friend when she invites her over for a 3 way), right after he gets done killing that 350 inch bull and getting handed the keys to the 10,000 acre ranch.

Before you guys get all pissy, relax, I’m not dogging on Wyoming, and Lander, I’m just f-word with you cause you’re being pretty ridiculous on this topic. I’m an alum and lifelong fan and multi gen Wyoming Resident. But compared to Texas, we’re White Trashley. We just are. Get the f-word over it, and don’t give me this accepting mediocrity poop either. It’s called not having delusions of grandeur. Try caring about these players as human beings. They would be literally putting the Wyoming f-word football team ahead of their own futures, and that of their family if they didn’t choose to do what’s best for them. I hate this transfer poop too in a lot of ways, but I can’t imagine a more clear cut example than the absolute no brainer that is Neyors choice to stay at Wyoming or head to Texas.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:49 pm
If we’re gonna use stupid the deed metaphors and personal insults… How about this. Let’s say you’re Isiah Neyor at Wyoming under Craig Bohl. Then you get the opportunity to play for Texas. Choosing to stay at Wyoming is like choosing to marry the trailer trash girl down the street that doesn’t work and takes all your money cause she gave you a hanjo once, but hey, she’ll give a great gummer when all her teeth fall out at 30.

Meanwhile your choosing not to marry the hot rich girl down the street whose dad owns a 10,000 acre ranch in a general unit with 350 inch bulls behind every tree. Cause you know, White Trashley down the street gave you an ol fashioned once so you would pay her rent that month and buy food for her 6 kids she has at the age of 22, and don’t forget, someday those gummers are gonna be great.

Enjoy your gummers Lander. We should all emulate your steadfast commitment to White Trashley. Meanwhile, Neyors gonna be banging the hot rich girl down the street (and her hot friend when she invites her over for a 3 way), right after he gets done killing that 350 inch bull and getting handed the keys to the 10,000 acre ranch.

Before you guys get all pissy, relax, I’m not dogging on Wyoming, and Lander, I’m just f##k[#] with you cause you’re being pretty ridiculous on this topic. I’m an alum and lifelong fan and multi gen Wyoming Resident. But compared to Texas, we’re White Trashley. We just are. Get the [#]f##k over it, and don’t give me this accepting mediocrity [#]sh#t either. It’s called not having delusions of grandeur. Try caring about these players as human beings. They would be literally putting the Wyoming f##k[#] football team ahead of their own futures, and that of their family if they didn’t choose to do what’s best for them. I hate this transfer Sh#t too in a lot of ways, but I can’t imagine a more clear cut example than the absolute no brainer that is Neyors choice to stay at Wyoming or head to Texas.
I didn't criticize the kids for taking money, going to a new school or whatever. It's pathetic for WYOMING fans to continue to follow these athletes. I don't apologize for this take. If you guys think they are so much better off then why don't you switch to being fans of a supposedly "better" school. I know 307 has a poor opinion of UW and Wyoming
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

You and others have been pretty consistent with the whole who cares, they walked out on us bit. Seems like you’re shifting your argument now. Did my ridiculous White Trashley metaphor make you change your mind about the players, or does “walked out on us” mean something different to you than everyone else?

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:29 pm You and others have been pretty consistent with the whole who cares, they walked out on us bit. Seems like you’re shifting your argument now. Did my ridiculous White Trashley metaphor make you change your mind about the players, or does “walked out on us” mean something different to you than everyone else?
huh? They quit on UW. They are no longer Cowboys. I only care about Cowboys and I think it's weird that other Cowboy fans are following and care about athletes that spurned UW and are not Cowboys. It's not hard to understand.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

So you do think they owe us something. They walked out on us, they spurned us, blah blah blah. I revert to my first post in this thread and I’ll leave it at that. And honestly, sorry for f-word with you, we just have a difference of opinion and being away from home for weeks on end during hunting season makes me pissy and apparently takes away what little filter I already have.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:16 pm I didn't criticize the kids for taking money, going to a new school or whatever. It's pathetic for WYOMING fans to continue to follow these athletes. I don't apologize for this take. If you guys think they are so much better off then why don't you switch to being fans of a supposedly "better" school. I know 307 has a poor opinion of UW and Wyoming
You and I don't know sh$# about eachother. If you think it's pathetic to follow guys that have worn the Brown and Gold then you and I have a fundamental different world view.

Take Valladay as the best example of this....that dude went to war for his teammates and team while he wore a Cowboys uniform. He played hurt and he played well and he represented the university positively ... FOR FOUR YEARS. I'm a cowboys fan but I'm also a fan of Xazavian Valladay. Now your position is "screw him"? I don't know you at all but that opinion is pathetic.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:39 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:16 pm I didn't criticize the kids for taking money, going to a new school or whatever. It's pathetic for WYOMING fans to continue to follow these athletes. I don't apologize for this take. If you guys think they are so much better off then why don't you switch to being fans of a supposedly "better" school. I know 307 has a poor opinion of UW and Wyoming
You and I don't know sh$# about eachother. If you think it's pathetic to follow guys that have worn the Brown and Gold then you and I have a fundamental different world view.

Take Valladay as the best example of this....that dude went to war for his teammates and team while he wore a Cowboys uniform. He played hurt and he played well and he represented the university positively ... FOR FOUR YEARS. I'm a cowboys fan but I'm also a fan of Xazavian Valladay. Now your position is "screw him"? I don't know you at all but that opinion is pathetic.
One of the reasons I like to know how they are doing is the same as why I follow how some of them are doing as pros. Once a Cowboy always Cowboy even after they move on. Valladay had to go in order to improve his chances at going pro. The fact is doing well in my opinion reflects well upon UW. Given that with the transfer portal and NIL are here to stay, UW 's ability to develop players who are not 5 star recruits into highly sought after transfers is major recruiting tool UW can use to get higher quality recruits to plau even if it is just for a year or two.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 238 times

307bball wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:39 pm

I agree with you 307. I wish these players that laid it on the line here at Wyoming the best of luck. I also like to see how they are doing for their new team.

Yea I wish we could have kept them but respect t
their personal decision. Neyor would have been a moron to stay at Wyoming at pass up the NIL money being offered to him. None of them quit mid-season to my knowledge (other than Blankenbaker missing the bowl game). There is a big difference there.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

This is pretty crazy if you ask me. I sort of apologize for even posting the link to the story and the headline to the piece. For sure, I don't give two f-word about the players that transferred, I have not been following them at all, had no idea what or how they were doing, and thought that during a down time period here it would make for some "fun" reading and commenting. I only care about those wearing our colors. Also, I seriously object to this Texas and Wyoming thing with Wyoming allegedly being the red headed bastard step child. What kind of mentality is that? I'll take Wyoming over Texas any day of the week without apologizing. I just think it's crazy that this thing turned into an insult war over what is really an innocuous story. On the flip side I'm sure that of the players that left other programs to come to Laramie, those players do have some fans in their former homes wondering how they're doing, out of curiosity if nothing else.