PORTAL TRACKER: LET’S CHECK IN ON FORMER WYOMING FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

One guy I've kept an eye on is former Poke Brennan Kutterer. A Wyoming native and a guy that likely want going to see the field in Laramie, he played the last 2 seasons at Northern State in FCS. He currently has 33 tackles, 8 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 6 games. He also led the team in tackles in 2021. Plus he's a good kid, wish him nothing but the best.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:27 pm One guy I've kept an eye on is former Poke Brennan Kutterer. A Wyoming native and a guy that likely want going to see the field in Laramie, he played the last 2 seasons at Northern State in FCS. He currently has 33 tackles, 8 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 6 games. He also led the team in tackles in 2021. Plus he's a good kid, wish him nothing but the best.
How dare you bring up former Poke Brennan Kutterer!!! Blasphemy once again arrives on this board! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:31 pm Nice write up by Cody Tucker examining the progress of the Pokes off season transfers.

https://7220sports.com/portal-tracker-l ... l-players/
Couple of thoughts:
1. I really would have liked to see Peasley throw deep to Neyor.

2. Where the Pokes lost players is exactly where they are struggling.

3. I'm glad Bohl took responsibility for the exodus.

4. Transfer portal has changed college football and Wyoming needs to figure out how they are going to manage it.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

All this does for me is make me angry to see that Wyoming can recruit some pretty good talent. Solomon Byrd, Coldon Valladay Neyor (although injured - he’ll do fine) are doing well at their new schools. Think if we had Byrd on the DL this year.

I really don’t want to be reminded of the ones that got away.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:25 am All this does for me is make me angry to see that Wyoming can recruit some pretty good talent. Solomon Byrd, Coldon Valladay Neyor (although injured - he’ll do fine) are doing well at their new schools. Think if we had Byrd on the DL this year.

I really don’t want to be reminded of the ones that got away.
I have the whole range of emotions....they all seem like good dudes and if they are bad-mouthing Wyoming I have not heard about it. I definitely view Neyor, Byrd and Valladay as big time bummers ...I'm happy for them to find success individually but I hate that it comes at the expense of Wyoming's overall talent level. I just see no way we keep a guy that gets a P5 offer to transfer at this point.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I compare this topic to an the ex-wife. Yeah some good memories and you wish things would have worked out but they are no longer a part of your life.... Time to move on. If they didn't want to be part of this program, good luck and don't let the door hit ya.
I'm good for 3!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

CJ Coldon has an ESPN highlight right now on an int.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

CJ Coldon at Oklahoma now made a heckuva INT today, made SportsCenter's Top 10...it was good too
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:37 pm I compare this topic to an the ex-wife. Yeah some good memories and you wish things would have worked out but they are no longer a part of your life.... Time to move on. If they didn't want to be part of this program, good luck and don't let the door hit ya.
Agreed Cornpoke. They left, for whatever reason, and they just don't matter to me any longer.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 am
Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:37 pm I compare this topic to an the ex-wife. Yeah some good memories and you wish things would have worked out but they are no longer a part of your life.... Time to move on. If they didn't want to be part of this program, good luck and don't let the door hit ya.
Agreed Cornpoke. They left, for whatever reason, and they just don't matter to me any longer.
This is true...I pretty much feel the same way, but "good luck" is not the same as saying "screw 'em" and saying that transfers have "walked out" on us. I mostly object to the judgement levelled at fans for following what they are interested in. It doesn't really matter to me if Valladay or Neyor succeed or fail .....but I am somewhat interested in how they do elsewhere.

*edit* I have become a Valladay fan...I am happy to see him have success.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I’m sure none of you guys pay any attention to a guy named Josh Allen anymore right. Cause he ain’t in a Cowboy uniform no more right? That dirty bum done walked out and spurned us with a year of eligibility left, as Lander would put it. I mean hell, we give him a chance and he jumps ship at the first good opportunity? What about commitment?

Bunch of hypocrites around here whose supposed principles change like a swirling wind. Not intentionally, mind you, they usually just let someone else tell them what to think without ever actually thinking… Call ‘em out and they’ll say “I never said that.”
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 241 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:57 am I’m sure none of you guys pay any attention to a guy named Josh Allen anymore right. Cause he ain’t in a Cowboy uniform no more right? That dirty bum done walked out and spurned us with a year of eligibility left, as Lander would put it. I mean hell, we give him a chance and he jumps ship at the first good opportunity? What about commitment?

Bunch of hypocrites around here whose supposed principles change like a swirling wind. Not intentionally, mind you, they usually just let someone else tell them what to think without ever actually thinking… Call ‘em out and they’ll say “I never said that.”
lol
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:12 am
This is true...I pretty much feel the same way, but "good luck" is not the same as saying "screw 'em" and saying that transfers have "walked out" on us. I mostly object to the judgement levelled at fans for following what they are interested in. It doesn't really matter to me if Valladay or Neyor succeed or fail .....but I am somewhat interested in how they do elsewhere.

Although part of me really wants to say "f-word 'EM" - I am indifferent toward them all and don't care. They are no longer a part of my favorite team - so I give them little back. Like none.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:57 am I’m sure none of you guys pay any attention to a guy named Josh Allen anymore right. Cause he ain’t in a Cowboy uniform no more right? That dirty bum done walked out and spurned us with a year of eligibility left, as Lander would put it. I mean hell, we give him a chance and he jumps ship at the first good opportunity? What about commitment?

What??? Hahaha

Josh didn't turn away from WYO to go play at Alabama or any other college / university. Just a little difference. :shock:
Dear Karma,

bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Laugh it up, guarantee none of you chuckleheads even thought about that up until now. You’re the ones who said REPEATEDLY if they aren’t in a Cowboy uniform you don’t care anymore. But you all cared a lot about Allen in Buffalo in what would’ve been his Senior year at Wyoming.

So let me make sure I got this straight…leave us with eligibility to make money in the NFL and we love you forever. Leave us to go to another college to try and eventually (or immediately) make more money, and we could care less.

You guys don’t see a disconnect there?

Look, I don’t really give a poop what players you guys do or don’t care about, but your “principles” behind it aren’t consistent or well thought out. I don’t mind being the turd in the punch bowl to point that out.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:31 pm

What??? Hahaha

Josh didn't turn away from WYO to go play at Alabama or any other college / university. Just a little difference. :shock:
What’s the difference between if he went to BAMA or the Bulls? Either one was obvious step up for him from Wyoming. He wouldn’t been crazy to not do either vs staying with us.

I’ll tell you what the difference is. We all like the Bills so we’re ok it. That’s it.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:14 pm

What??? Hahaha

What’s the difference between if he went to BAMA or the Bills? Either one was obvious step up for him from Wyoming. He wouldn’t been crazy to not do either vs staying with us.

I’ll tell you what the difference is. We all like the Bills so we’re ok it. That’s it.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Although part of me really wants to say "[#]f##k 'EM" - I am indifferent toward them all and don't care. They are no longer a part of my favorite team - so I give them little back. Like none.
I'm not with you on the part of you that says "[#]f##k 'EM" but I don't detect animosity towards any fans that may be interested in following former pokes. This is a new sort of frontier for college football fans.

Lander took a hard stance that it is "pathetic" to pay attention to articles about former Cowboys. After doubling down on that stance he went on to question the fand-dom of people who disagreed with him on this topic...truly the last resort of those who can't be bothered to think more deeply. There needs to be more willingness to "agree to disagree" on a lot of the topics that get tossed around on here. I'm quick to call Lander's opinions dumb but I'm pretty sure he's a die hard fan and probably a good dude to hang out with at a tailgate party.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:14 pm

What??? Hahaha

What’s the difference between if he went to BAMA or the Bulls? Either one was obvious step up for him from Wyoming. He wouldn’t been crazy to not do either vs staying with us.

Josh was loyal WYO since the day he visited campus. He was WYO or the NFL and nothing between. Huge difference. The lined jacket on draft day anyone?
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Although part of me really wants to say "[#]f##k 'EM" - I am indifferent toward them all and don't care. They are no longer a part of my favorite team - so I give them little back. Like none.
I'm not with you on the part of you that says "[#]f##k 'EM" but I don't detect animosity towards any fans that may be interested in following former pokes. This is a new sort of frontier for college football fans.

Lander took a hard stance that it is "pathetic" to pay attention to articles about former Cowboys. After doubling down on that stance he went on to question the fand-dom of people who disagreed with him on this topic...truly the last resort of those who can't be bothered to think more deeply. There needs to be more willingness to "agree to disagree" on a lot of the topics that get tossed around on here. I'm quick to call Lander's opinions dumb but I'm pretty sure he's a die hard fan and probably a good dude to hang out with at a tailgate party.
Very true - agreeing to disagree - that is what keeps most of us, er, some of us, sane. We all pick our own battles in life.
Dear Karma,