All right, Utah State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:22 am Great win. Needed it. Go Pokes!
Just curious - is #2 on the volleyball team a relative or something? I know she is a freshman. My wife drags me to all of the volleyball games (because she used to play) and thinks #2 could be really good down the road. I don't really know what I am watching but it has been a struggle for me this year with the team's struggles.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nice photo of some good Pokes with the Rifle
Photo from Cody Tucker @7220sports
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Loved the game and win.

Honestly, I think the trophy is pretty lame. It is not a rivalry so why have a trophy? It seems forced. I honestly couldn't care less if we ever play byu-lite.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:22 am Loved the game and win.

Honestly, I think the trophy is pretty lame. It is not a rivalry so why have a trophy? It seems forced. I honestly couldn't care less if we ever play byu-lite.
Agree. Most aggie fans are just as condescending as byu fans, honestly. Very little difference. All I hear from them is utah is the shiz and
Wyoming sucks, yet half of Logan and the surrounding area probably spend most of their summer and fall weekends in Wyoming in our mountains and at our lakes. Wish they would just stay in Utah. I hate losing to them at anything. Hope they like two butt whippings in basketball because that's upcoming
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am

Agree. Most aggie fans are just as condescending as byu fans, honestly. Very little difference.
Yea - I am going to disagree in pretty strong terms. I've been to games in Logan and interacted with many Utah State fans over the years (including this past weekend). I've never encountered the BYU attitude with them. I don't see it as a rivalry necessarily but they have been a fine conference partner and their fanbase has been pretty normal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:51 am

Agree. Most aggie fans are just as condescending as byu fans, honestly. Very little difference.
Yea - I am going to disagree in pretty strong terms. I've been to games in Logan and interacted with many Utah State fans over the years (including this past weekend). I've never encountered the BYU attitude with them. I don't see it as a rivalry necessarily but they have been a fine conference partner and their fanbase has been pretty normal.
Not my experience at all. Big time superiority complex with the ones I know. It's oh, man, how can you live in Wyoming, blah balh blah
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:57 pm
Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:52 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:50 pm Wow....nobody at the game on Homecoming
F'kn embarrassing
Half the state is expecting sh#t[#] weather and it’s a late game.

It is what it is.
I find it disappointing that the population of Laramie + students could easily fill the seats. Yet, the apathy toward the University continues to rear it's ugly head year after year. Hopefully everyone gets on board for BB this year, because there is no excuse for the AA not to be full for every game. Wyoming citizens and fans either need to Sh#t or get off the pot with support. So many fair weather fans, especially in Laramie....
That's a ridiculous statement. All of the Laramie people in my section were there. We were missing some of the regulars from out of town (most notably the Cheyenne people). Given the weather and time, it's understandable. This idea that Laramie fans are apathetic toward UW is dumb. The most regular attendees at any UW sporting event are always Laramie people, as it should be. And the student section was full. They really showed out for this game.

We aren't going to sell out every basketball game, but I bet we beat any recent attendance records. Conference games will be pretty close, but games around the holidays and when UW is out of school won't fill up. People plan travel when they don't have to work. Students aren't in the dorms over the holidays. And early season games against weak teams don't draw as much interest as better teams. I guarantee that the crowd at those games will be mostly Laramie people.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Same. And I lived in SLC for 5 years.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:53 am

Not my experience at all. Big time superiority complex with the ones I know. It's oh, man, how can you live in Wyoming, blah balh blah

Just curious, how many do you actually know, IRL?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Subcanis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:46 pm

four or five
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:21 pm

four or five
Seems a small sample size to condemn an entire fan base, but you do you.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Subcanis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:47 pm

four or five
I will do me. Thanks
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Subcanis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:47 pm

four or five
I will do me. Thanks
I know way more d-bag Wyoming fans than all the other fan-bases combined....but that is mostly because I don't know a ton of fans from other programs. :D
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Since I, sadly, live in Oklahoma....

Okie State fans are actually really good fans in terms of being nice to other fanbases except towards OU fans. OSU are very similar in mentality to Wyoming fans.

OU fans are almost as arrogant as BYU fans. Not quite there yet but damned close.

BTW, no one and I do mean NO ONE in Oklahoma gives a flying rat's ass about Tulsa.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 127 times

Go read their message board. They are as condescending as YBU and goat u fans.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:51 pm

Go read their message board. They are as condescending as YBU and goat u fans.
yup
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:48 pm Since I, sadly, live in Oklahoma....

Okie State fans are actually really good fans in terms of being nice to other fanbases except towards OU fans. OSU are very similar in mentality to Wyoming fans.

OU fans are almost as arrogant as BYU fans. Not quite there yet but damned close.

BTW, no one and I do mean NO ONE in Oklahoma gives a flying rat's ass about Tulsa.
I’ve never met an okie who didn’t wear both caps. They look at who’s playing better and wears their gear.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:37 am
Wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:48 pm Since I, sadly, live in Oklahoma....

I’ve never met an okie who didn’t wear both caps. They look at who’s playing better and wears their gear.
Thanks. I completely forgot about that. Laxwyo is completely correct on that.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Sharing a pic from the game.

Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Can't beat those uniforms