Nattering nabobs of negativism

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Usually not my forte but I'll indulge this one time only:

WYOMING 39
Colorado State-7
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 83 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:13 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:38 pm
I wouldn’t speak too soon. Some passengers just got off to stretch their legs. They may be re-boarding depending on how these last games turn out.
We lose to the Rams and they'll be lighting up the torches again.
My understanding was that beating CSU saved Bohl's job last year. Losing to them this year could have the opposite result.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 128 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:10 am Usually not my forte but I'll indulge this one time only:

WYOMING 39
Colorado State-7
My prediction is a bit more conservative. History proves this game can always go either way. I would love to see The Pokes stomp the goats, soundly, but I think it’ll be a close Poke win.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:31 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:10 am Usually not my forte but I'll indulge this one time only:

WYOMING 39
Colorado State-7
My prediction is a bit more conservative. History proves this game can always go either way. I would love to see The Pokes stomp the goats, soundly, but I think it’ll be a close Poke win.
I think so, too, close game. We can't afford to play down to CSU's level here. Play our game, make plays, no dumb penalties and we will be fine.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 232 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:31 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:13 pm

We lose to the Rams and they'll be lighting up the torches again.
My understanding was that beating CSU saved Bohl's job last year. Losing to them this year could have the opposite result.
Umm no Bohl wasn't remotely on the chopping block last year given his contract and the program still being competitive (although underachieving last year). He has already guaranteed next year (assuming he still wants to coach). Outside of some huge scandal, there is a 0% chance Wyoming fires Bohl after the season.

The concern was Bohl losing half the starters to the portal after last season; he clearly has demonstrated an ability to build a program with depth to be able to replace the losses. I was a skeptic and didn't think Bohl eligibility was in the realm of possibilities this year. IMO this is Bohl's last stop and we will see how long he continues to coach.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:29 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:31 pm

I think so, too, close game. We can't afford to play down to CSU's level here. Play our game, make plays, no dumb penalties and we will be fine.
Peasley has a decent game and we’ll be fine. He can’t throw any dumb picks especially on our side of the field
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:08 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:29 am

Peasley has a decent game and we’ll be fine. He can’t throw any dumb picks especially on our side of the field
Even IF he does that, our run game might still be good enough to overcome that kind of a performance... though I'd much prefer the whole team playing well and winning comfortably.

On the other hand, we also didn't have a letdown against New Mexico or @Hawai'i, so I'm not taking anything for granted. Having our annual letdown game come against the sheep would really hurt, so I really hope our whole team is pumped up and ready to go.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times

Colorado State has the 127th ranked offense. I also like our chances on the defensive side of the ball. I know we don't have an earth shattering defense, but it is good enough for this one!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

Couldn’t be happier to drop to 8-2 on the preseason predictions. Just win baby.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Its been a good job by Bohl this year, except the passing game as usual. We are overachieving in a down Mo. West. I think we will be humbled the next 2 weeks and end up
7-5. Not a bad year for a very young team.