CSewe Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:29 pm The play action fake and short throw on the 2nd play of final drive was a great call and execution. Big first down gained and momentum.

The holding call took away the chance to just run the clock all the way down as I think they would have done it without the backed up yards and stopped clock
Was at the game..... After I got home I went and watched a few key plays....I watched that play and still do not see the hold that was called.... Maybe the ref announced the wrong number.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

When are we going to hear about injuries?

The Boot is great and all, but I’m afraid we lost some productive players just before the biggest game of the season. 😳
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:26 pm Just checked the online UW media guide.

We are now 30-25 in Bronze Boot games and are now 50-59-5 overall since 1899 against Fort Fart.
I think we had a stretch of 30 years in the early 20th century where we only won a handful. Throw those years out and we own them. We OWN them lately lmao
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:16 am
MN_Poke wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:29 pm The play action fake and short throw on the 2nd play of final drive was a great call and execution. Big first down gained and momentum.

The holding call took away the chance to just run the clock all the way down as I think they would have done it without the backed up yards and stopped clock
That hold almost cost us dearly. It would have been game over with 2nd and one. So glad it all worked out
Was at the game..... After I got home I went and watched a few key plays....I watched that play and still do not see the hold that was called.... Maybe the ref announced the wrong number.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Also, pretty sure Weiland has dropped the ball the last dozen times he’s touched it. Let someone else run around the field
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:16 am Also, pretty sure Weiland has dropped the ball the last dozen times he’s touched it. Let someone else run around the field
Cam Stone is legit. We had lineman issues, too.

Clemens filled the QB role, but I think Peasley is going to be the best option for Boise State.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:43 am
Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:26 pm Just checked the online UW media guide.

We are now 30-25 in Bronze Boot games and are now 50-59-5 overall since 1899 against Fort Fart.
I think we had a stretch of 30 years in the early 20th century where we only won a handful. Throw those years out and we own them. We OWN them lately lmao
Shows what a coach means. When they had Sonny Lubick, they pretty much owned us. Other than his tenure, we have completely dominated them.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:29 am Where’s sdpoke or whatever that faux Wyoming fan is called.? What a loser
I think there was a Surrender Monkey convention at the Paris Resort in LV this weekend...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:33 am When are we going to hear about injuries?

The Boot is great and all, but I’m afraid we lost some productive players just before the biggest game of the season. 😳
Weekly press conferences are on Monday afternoons; they've been a day or two late to post the actual videos to the school's website recently, but our beat writers are generally good about dribbling information out on Twitter. Plus that's when the actual articles start rolling as well.

There's a few that I think will be alright that went back in, but yea, there were some scary looking ones to key players that didn't return. Fingers crossed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:38 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:16 am Also, pretty sure Weiland has dropped the ball the last dozen times he’s touched it. Let someone else run around the field

Clemens filled the QB role, but I think Peasley is going to be the best option for Boise State.
Clemons looks better than Peasley. Peasley hasn’t completed >50% in any of the last 5 games
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:22 pm
J-Bone wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:38 am

Clemons looks better than Peasley. Peasley hasn’t completed >50% in any of the last 5 games
Most of Clemons' completions were short pitch and catches. That's TD throw was excellent, though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Clemons looks a little bit sturdier to me. I feel like peasley is going to break at on any given hit
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

Clemons has a lot of poise. I thought his most impressive throw was in the 2nd quarter when he stood in the pocket and waited and then hit Cobbs on that crossing route that got us a big 1st down.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

My point is that there doesn’t look to be a big drop to Clemons and the upside could be higher. Peasley really hasn’t had a great game recently. We’re lucky to have won. To me, there’s no downside to starting Clemons with Peasley in our pocket. Give Clemons the practice reps
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:49 am
laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:29 am Where’s sdpoke or whatever that faux Wyoming fan is called.? What a loser jabber dabber doodley doodley doo!
I think there was a Surrender Monkey convention at the Paris Resort in LV this weekend...
Bro...I'm a busy guy. I can't sit here and feel my meat pulsate in my hand to the message board all day like lax. I do appreciate the fan mail I see when I come back to the board though!

Oh, and excellent win by the Pokes! Always a great day when we beat the sheep!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Bro...I'm a busy guy. I can't sit here and feel my meat pulsate in my hand to the message board all day like lax. I do appreciate the fan mail I see when I come back to the board though!

Nice to see you, buddy!

Where is your friend cuttslam ?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:05 pm

Nice to see you, buddy!

Where is your friend cuttslam ?
According to this very board, he hasn't posted since 2019...he must be somewhere with BeaverPoke and Dino!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, those dicks at the truck stop aren’t going to suck themselves, huh?

Never seems to be a problem when we’re losing.
W-Y, Until I Die!