Selling Out the War for Boise State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 124 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:02 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 am If...big if...WYO beats CSewe, and heads into the Boise tilt for a shot at the title, students will likely stay that day to participate in the festivities. That type of situation rarely happens. It isn't a unicorn (like the Detroit Lions winning a super bowl) but close!
I'm never overly optimistic predicting Wyoming wins. Having said that: I would be shocked if we lost to csewe. They are 2 plays from being 0-8. We will be coming off a bye and they will be playing for the 4th week in a row. Bohl understands the importance of the game and our only loss to them since 2016 was the pandemic game. I expect us to pound them by at least 20.
I hope you are right - game typically is a "throw the records out the window" game, and this is CSewe's SUPER BOWL - they will be up for the challenge.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Second half of the season hopefully we can turn it on! The schedule isn't easy but we are playing better football. Finding ways to win games, really important.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:38 am Second half of the season hopefully we can turn it on! The schedule isn't easy but we are playing better football. Finding ways to win games, really important.
Way off-topic, and perhaps I missed it elsewhere, but who's the young lady in the photo?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

If you can afford it - but can't make it - you can always buy a ticket and donate it.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Gonna be a tough sell, even for a game this big. Supposed to be pretty cold and windy.

If the cold front that's supposed to hit Laramie on Thursday slows down at all, that's not gonna work out well for the fans. Supposed to get below zero Thursday night; single digits Friday and Saturday night. Highs in the 20s.

Need some tough Wyo folks to show out in full winter gear.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:01 am Gonna be a tough sell, even for a game this big. Supposed to be pretty cold and windy.

If the cold front that's supposed to hit Laramie on Thursday slows down at all, that's not gonna work out well for the fans. Supposed to get below zero Thursday night; single digits Friday and Saturday night. Highs in the 20s.

I was at the MW championship game v. SDSU in 2016. it was a lot colder than forecast for this weekend. Wyoming fans were there and I hope will be there for this weekend too.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Looks like we're 14 point dogs at home
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 15 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am I was at the MW championship game v. SDSU in 2016. it was a lot colder than forecast for this weekend. Wyoming fans were there and I hope will be there for this weekend too.
I was there too. I was also at the New Mexico Homecoming Game when it was 15 and 2 feet of snow. Dress accordingly and cheer on the Pokes!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

sandiegopoke wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:59 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am I was at the MW championship game v. SDSU in 2016. it was a lot colder than forecast for this weekend. Wyoming fans were there and I hope will be there for this weekend too.
I was there too. I was also at the New Mexico Homecoming Game when it was 15 and 2 feet of snow. Dress accordingly and cheer on the Pokes!
How about the November 11th 2000 game that started at two below zero and went down from there. They didn’t even bother to clear the foot of snow in the stands. I’d say there were less than 400 people there. Given that the Pokes were 1-8 going into the game it’s not surprising attendance was so low. It’s gonna be significantly nicer this week and this could make or break the Pokes’s chances so I really hope people show up.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Me too at both being talked about and I'm planning on being at the War Saturday, Beat them Ponies!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

ZapPoke wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:54 pm

How about the November 11th 2000 game that started at two below zero and went down from there. They didn’t even bother to clear the foot of snow in the stands. I’d say there were less than 400 people there. Given that the Pokes were 1-8 going into the game it’s not surprising attendance was so low. It’s gonna be significantly nicer this week and this could make or break the Pokes’s chances so I really hope people show up.
Thankfully I either had enough sense to stay home that day or the roads to Laramie were closed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

The 2014 or 2015 (can’t remember) game vs UNLV was cold as sh*t. There were probably only about 3k actual people there. We won. The most memorable thing about that day other than the cold and us winning was Eddie Yarbrough hit a poor WR just about harder than I’ve seen anyone get it. It was the last play before half and the WR got loose and Eddie sprinted down field and smashed the sh*t out of him from behind after the WR got slowed up breaking a tackle. I will try to find video
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 136 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:01 am Gonna be a tough sell, even for a game this big. Supposed to be pretty cold and windy.

I was at the MW championship game v. SDSU in 2016. it was a lot colder than forecast for this weekend. Wyoming fans were there and I hope will be there for this weekend too.
Yep, the water froze in my water bottle the 3rd quarter that game.

Aaaaand, I got a $100 ticket in Medicine Bow. ….. dammit, still makes mad. I couldn’t afford super nachos for that game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 238 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:10 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am
Yep, the water froze in my water bottle the 3rd quarter that game.

Aaaaand, I got a $100 ticket in Medicine Bow. ….. dammit, still makes mad. I couldn’t afford super nachos for that game.
Speaking of super nachos - I ordered the ‘nachos’ at the basketball game on Sunday and got a bag of stale tortillas chips and a bag of dry jalapeños to go with a little cup of cold nacho cheese. Perhaps the worst nachos I’ve ever had.