New MWC commissioner

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

Gloria Nevarez is named the new MW commish
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:41 pm Gloria Nevarez is named the new MW commish
Dudes are commenting that sdsu is gone to pac12
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:41 pm Gloria Nevarez is named the new MW commish
Heard about that.

Also heard something like after the 8 of the current remaining PAC 12 schools leave that the entire MW will join Oregon State & Washington State in a updated PAC-XX with a similar tv contract to the current PAC 12 contracts. Sounded too bizarre to me....but...nothing would surprise me.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:20 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Heard about that.

Also heard something like after the 8 of the current remaining PAC 12 schools leave that the entire MW will join Oregon State & Washington State in a updated PAC-XX with a similar tv contract to the current PAC 12 contracts. Sounded too bizarre to me....but...nothing would surprise me.
yawn. Pac is staying together probably. There’s rarely fire where there’s smoke as far as these things are concerned
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:51 pm
Wyokie wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:20 pm

Heard about that.

yawn. Pac is staying together probably. There’s rarely fire where there’s smoke as far as these things are concerned
Agreed. They'll just add San Diego State and another MW team like Fresno and go from there. Starting to think the Big Ten and the Big 12 won't add anybody else from the PAC 12 as has been predicted in the last several months.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

So some of you believe the MWC will stay intact even as SDSU and say, Fresno, leave potentially? Who does the MWC back fill with in your opinions?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 104 times

This is good news in regards to Gonzaga
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:49 pm So some of you believe the MWC will stay intact even as SDSU and say, Fresno, leave potentially? Who does the MWC back fill with in your opinions?
I've seen the two top candidates are the Aztecs and SMU. (Honestly, not that much different than when TCU came to MW.)

Honestly, besides Gonzaga, who would add $$$ value and fit our geographic footprint?

Mountain West stays put.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

evilpoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:17 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:49 pm So some of you believe the MWC will stay intact even as SDSU and say, Fresno, leave potentially? Who does the MWC back fill with in your opinions?
I've seen the two top candidates are the Aztecs and SMU. (Honestly, not that much different than when TCU came to MW.)

Honestly, besides Gonzaga, who would add $$$ value and fit our geographic footprint?

Mountain West stays put.
Maybe it is time for the kitty in Montana to step up to FBS. Sure it is tough going from a big fish in a small pond, to a small fish in a big pond, but I think that move would be solid for the MWC and those 2 schools.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:18 am

Mountain West stays put.
Maybe it is time for the kitty in Montana to step up to FBS. Sure it is tough going from a big fish in a small pond, to a small fish in a big pond, but I think that move would be solid for the MWC and those 2 schools.
That would be quite an investment financially. In 2021, both UM and MSU had athletic expenses ~$18 million. The lowest expenses for MWC athletic departments were $34-35 million in 2021. So both schools would have to basically double their income. And that doesn't account for the additional expenses that they would likely face with expanded travel for some of their teams.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Mountain West stays put.
Group of fans out there trying to wish this into reality as a "move-up conference"
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 pm

That would be quite an investment financially. In 2021, both UM and MSU had athletic expenses ~$18 million. The lowest expenses for MWC athletic departments were $34-35 million in 2021. So both schools would have to basically double their income. And that doesn't account for the additional expenses that they would likely face with expanded travel for some of their teams.
Doesn't coming into the MWC help double that income? I don't know the financial specifics for doing so but it would certainly be an increase in TV revenue
I'm good for 3!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:49 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 pm

Doesn't coming into the MWC help double that income? I don't know the financial specifics for doing so but it would certainly be an increase in TV revenue
The TV contract share is about $4M per school. They would have to increase their number of football scholarships, which would also mean increasing a commensurate number of scholarships in womens' sports to remain compliant in Title IX.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Anyone who can predict conference re-alignment should be buying lottery tix or giving investment advice, because no-one on this board or others would have known about OK and TX going to SEC, or USC UCLA moving. Not to mention all the defectors from B12 to Big10 before that………just my opinion.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am Anyone who can predict conference re-alignment should be buying lottery tix or giving investment advice, because no-one on this board or others would have known about OK and TX going to SEC, or USC UCLA moving. Not to mention all the defectors from B12 to Big10 before that………just my opinion.
Not even the super nachos at the War are predictable any longer... :P
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:43 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am Anyone who can predict conference re-alignment should be buying lottery tix or giving investment advice, because no-one on this board or others would have known about OK and TX going to SEC, or USC UCLA moving. Not to mention all the defectors from B12 to Big10 before that………just my opinion.
Not even the super nachos at the War are predictable any longer... :P
Nooooo, not the super nachos!!!!!