Well that was a good trade

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Releasing one of the world's premiere arms dealers? I'm guessing this ends the Democrat gun control platform?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

It got an unjustly imprisoned American back on American soil. People smarter than all of us on this board weighed the consequences of these actions and found it worth the risk. Time will tell if it was a good call or not.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Unjustly? Broke the law and pled guilty. Because some think the sentence is too harsh is no reason to release one of the most notorious arms dealers in the world when Putin needs it most.

Sheesh, and they blamed Trump for being a Russian op.

Shameful and disgusting. Every drop of blood that is spilled because of his weapons deals is on the hands of Biden, Democrats, and those that support them.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Imagine sitting in an American prison for the same crime as Griner right now. That’d be tough to deal with.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:27 pm Imagine sitting in an American prison for the same crime as Griner right now. That’d be tough to deal with.
Yes, but her choices put her in that spot.

The people who will die by the arms provided by the merchant of death aren't afforded the luxury to choose.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Has it even crossed anyone's mind that Russia coulda planted that "evidence" on her so they could convict her and somehow work a trade to get the Merchant of Death back a few months later? Hell, a CSU grad could figure it out!!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

She admitted to bringing it in so I don't think they planted it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:16 pm She admitted to bringing it in so I don't think they planted it.
O.K. I forgot reading that she admitted that.

Although you gotta admit my conspiracy theory sounded plausible. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:27 pm Imagine sitting in an American prison for the same crime as Griner right now. That’d be tough to deal with.
:agree:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm sure the people involved in the next humanitarian crisis that his weapons deals facilitate will understand.

Better not ever hear another liberal lecture on gun control or dangers of semi-automatic weapons after this.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:35 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:16 pm She admitted to bringing it in so I don't think they planted it.
O.K. I forgot reading that she admitted that.

Although you gotta admit my conspiracy theory sounded plausible. LOL
:rofl:
Although, I have no doubt Putin knew enough to take advantage of the situation. He probably influenced the penalty knowing the woke culture would give him what he needed....the merchant of death who now owes Putin a favor. Putin played liberals like a fiddle. Hell, who knows, maybe the liberals are Russian ops.

I hate to guess how many Ukrainians just recieved a signed death sentence.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

On one hand, not really a fan of the trade.

On the other, Bout has been in jail since 2008. He's not just going to pick up where he left off, he's out of the game. Hell, depending on what he knows, he might have been safer in prison than in Russian hands.

If it was a choice between Griner and Whelan, I'm sure the US would have taken Whelan, but I doubt he was ever on the table.