Pokes on radio

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I grew up on Dave and Kevin...Dave is great. Kevin...not so much ha!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I can't imagine Wyoming sports without Kevin and Dave. A lot of times if I'm watching a game on tv I'll mute the volume and turn on the radio with their commentary instead. Being in my 30s and frankly not remembering anyone else ever doing the commentary, I have a hard time imagining myself ever liking anyone else in the job as much as I do those two.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Dave is the way I'm following this 2020 season, no tv for me, more fun and nerve wracking that way when games are close!!! Go Pokes!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Mr Dave Walsh your 38 years of my uttermost enjoyment will truly be missed. Thanks for everything and The Score Oh The Score!!! 1984-2021, i was 14 when u started, I lost my dad in 21 now you, sigh.....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Hoping to get a bobble head today for one of my true legends. MR Dave Walsh....at 52 u were truly a mostly wonderful part of giving me your word's eye view, during alot of Elk hunting trips, on my walkman when i was a student here (88-93). U were really all I remember these last 38 years, I truly thank u for all the memories and i will miss you beyond all belief. Thanks for all my memories forever. Reece take er away...Thanks again for the Voice ohhh the Voice. When's it Jack Nokes turn on the PA at the War, another milestone of another adjustment to get used to as well. Sigh......
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:24 am Hoping to get a bobble head today for one of my true legends. MR Dave Walsh....at 52 u were truly a mostly wonderful part of giving me your word's eye view, during alot of Elk hunting trips, on my walkman when i was a student here (88-93). U were really all I remember these last 38 years, I truly thank u for all the memories and i will miss you beyond all belief. Thanks for all my memories forever. Reece take er away...Thanks again for the Voice ohhh the Voice. When's it Jack Nokes turn on the PA at the War, another milestone of another adjustment to get used to as well. Sigh......
I really missed, "The score, OH the Score!" today.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

WyoExpat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:35 pm
stymeman wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:24 am Hoping to get a bobble head today for one of my true legends. MR Dave Walsh....at 52 u were truly a mostly wonderful part of giving me your word's eye view, during alot of Elk hunting trips, on my walkman when i was a student here (88-93). U were really all I remember these last 38 years, I truly thank u for all the memories and i will miss you beyond all belief. Thanks for all my memories forever. Reece take er away...Thanks again for the Voice ohhh the Voice. When's it Jack Nokes turn on the PA at the War, another milestone of another adjustment to get used to as well. Sigh......
I really missed, "The score, OH the Score!" today.
I missed that too. Would have been a perfect ending to the broadcast.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

I thought the PA announcer at the game sounded different too.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Jack Nokes the PA announcer for the last 41 years retired after this season...that's gonna be another adjustment.....Keith Kelly is doing a great job both football and basketball!!!!