Football signings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 pm Tyler Jacklich is on scholarship

Says Tyler is a RB, but he looks like the next great UW middle linebacker to me. Moves great with good size
https://www.hudl.com/profile/9820956/Tyler-Jacklich
He has some quickness but to me he looks like a guy you could put a bit more weight on and have him take over Parker Christensen's role.

They have some similarity. Both RB/LB. Both 6-2 coming out of HS. Parker had a few more pounds coming out of HS but both close in size (Parker beefed up to 235).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:21 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 pm Tyler Jacklich is on scholarship

Says Tyler is a RB, but he looks like the next great UW middle linebacker to me. Moves great with good size
https://www.hudl.com/profile/9820956/Tyler-Jacklich
He has some quickness but to me he looks like a guy you could put a bit more weight on and have him take over Parker Christensen's role.

They have some similarity. Both RB/LB. Both 6-2 coming out of HS. Parker had a few more pounds coming out of HS but both close in size (Parker beefed up to 235).
I like the comparison. BUT I think Parker's talents were wasted here at UW. He could have been an impact player on the defensive side of the ball. I bet Parker realized this and this is why he is now in chiropractor school and not still playing for the Pokes.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:14 pm

This is one of my coworkers kids. He's freaking huge!
Awesome!

What was his recruitment like? Did he have any scholarship offers?
I think just a couple FCS schools. He's a good kid, not sure he's FBS caliber but maybe with some training and coaching he can be?