Maldonado

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hunter is such a tremendous representative of UW and a great leader. I will remember him as the backbone of the program for many years. I love his unconventional game and his heart and hustle. You can tell he cares deeply about his teammates and is a fierce competitor. I will really miss Hunter suiting up and getting to watch him in the AA. The assists, the steals, the defense and the post game. One of the best to ever wear the Brown and Gold. Thanks, Hunter
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:27 am Hunter is such a tremendous representative of UW and a great leader. I will remember him as the backbone of the program for many years. I love his unconventional game and his heart and hustle. You can tell he cares deeply about his teammates and is a fierce competitor. I will really miss Hunter suiting up and getting to watch him in the AA. The assists, the steals, the defense and the post game. One of the best to ever wear the Brown and Gold. Thanks, Hunter
To me, Hunter M is what is great about college basketball. You nailed it when you called his game "unconventional". His skillset and limitations mean that programs looking for NBA prototypes will pass him over but there is a lot of room for other styles to succeed (and excel) at the college level. If you are blessed to be one of the 7 or 10 programs that can reliably get NBAish guys ...great, but the rest of college programs (and the NCAA) should be doing their level best to promote guys like Hunter Maldanado.