Associate Head Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

So, is something afoot with the coaching staff? I see Giles is now Associate Head Coach. I thought Grant was in that spot? Also seeing movement for a full time QB coach. Is there a shakeup coming with WR coach and Polasek?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Please.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:43 pm So, is something afoot with the coaching staff? I see Giles is now Associate Head Coach. I thought Grant was in that spot? Also seeing movement for a full time QB coach. Is there a shakeup coming with WR coach and Polasek?
Must be. The 7220 article gave no reason for the associate head coach change other than that Giles has been promoted and now has like 10 different jobs (including being in charge of freshmen players). The football team website still lists Grant as Associate Head Coach.

What I have noticed is that these internal coaching changes seem to be announced after the portal entry period has closed (April 30) and this is consistent with prior changes in the Wyoming staff over the past 2 years.

See website which still lists Grant as Associate Head Coach: https://gowyo.com/sports/football/roster
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:48 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:43 pm So, is something afoot with the coaching staff? I see Giles is now Associate Head Coach. I thought Grant was in that spot? Also seeing movement for a full time QB coach. Is there a shakeup coming with WR coach and Polasek?
Must be. The 7220 article gave no reason for the associate head coach change other than that Giles has been promoted and now has like 10 different jobs (including being in charge of freshmen players). The football team website still lists Grant as Associate Head Coach.

What I have noticed is that these internal coaching changes seem to be announced after the portal entry period has closed (April 30) and this is consistent with prior changes in the Wyoming staff over the past 2 years.

See website which still lists Grant as Associate Head Coach: https://gowyo.com/sports/football/roster
Interesting. I have thought that there were a few very big holes at WYO the last XX years, one was a true WR coach, another was a true QB coach. WYO has bandaids in those spots.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:47 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:48 am

Interesting. I have thought that there were a few very big holes at WYO the last XX years, one was a true WR coach, another was a true QB coach. WYO has bandaids in those spots.
And it shows. Our glaring weaknesses are WR and QB. Glaring. Plain as the nose on your face.