Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:31 pm
McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:06 pm

Well, defending myself a bit here...

I would have "taken" the $$$ as well - anyone would, that isn't the point, or the root of my angst (I should have written my OG post clearer). Announce on twitter you are entering the portal, on the day your coach (see my previous post) buried his dad? That IS an integrity issue, and sure is a slap in the face to Wyoming for all Wyoming did for him.
Extremely poor timing. But, absent information otherwise, I think we have to give Ike the benefit of the doubt that he didn't realize the timing of his announcement. Either way, it tells me that he is an unaware person.
Benefit of the doubt? Hell no - not from me. That is human-being 101 right there, and he failed.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:31 pm

Extremely poor timing. But, absent information otherwise, I think we have to give Ike the benefit of the doubt that he didn't realize the timing of his announcement. Either way, it tells me that he is an unaware person.
Benefit of the doubt? Hell no - not from me. That is human-being 101 right there, and he failed.
99% chance Linder knew Ike was entering the portal before the day he announced.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:39 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:36 pm

99% chance Linder knew Ike was entering the portal before the day he announced.
Likely. That doesn't excuse the poop from hitting the portal (and social) on that particular day.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The final California quitter lands at Eastern Washington.

https://goeags.com/news/2023/5/8/mens-b ... 23-24.aspx

Kyman - Eastern Washington
Agbonkpolo - Utah State
Ethan Anderson - Pepperdine
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:49 pm The final California quitter lands at Eastern Washington.

Agbonkpolo - Utah State
Shocking that the 3 douches didn't try to stick together to support eachother. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:22 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:49 pm The final California quitter lands at Eastern Washington.

Agbonkpolo - Utah State
Shocking that the 3 douches didn't try to stick together to support eachother. :rofl:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there's no program in the country that would take more than one of them at a time after what happened here last season.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:16 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:22 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there's no program in the country that would take more than one of them at a time after what happened here last season.
I'll stand on the roots and say it's bad policy to take any clique as a group transfer. It gives them insularity from the rest of the team and makes assimilation extremely difficult.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Agbonkpolo - Utah State

So where is all the information that was going to come out about Linder and his torture tactics, leaving players in airports to find their own way home, and just being a big meany……? Weren’t we supposed to hear about it all?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:46 am
flyfishwyo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm .... And it supports a system where athletes play for the name on the back of the jersey, not the front.
This is the part that all of the people who harbor resentment towards players transferring are missing. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

This is how every player in the modern era has felt...the transfer rules just kept it from manifesting. If you think Larry Nance, Josh Adams, Josh Allen, Brandon Ewing, etc... would have stayed if they had mid 6 figures and no penalty to transfer....you are just naive. Players who are playing men's college basketball and football are professionals, full stop. These guys are not student athletes. They are not loyal to their school. On the hardwood and on the gridiron they are often consummate team players that want to win but once the game ends, every one of these guys are making business decisions and school loyalty doesn't factor in. This is not a moral issue. The hate towards the players is just asinine.
Not Maldo, not Wenzel, not Cole Godbout. Evidently we got 3 anomalies. ……🤷‍♂️ and, I don’t know if moral is the right word, but there at least 3 kids who have some integrity. My opinion.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:25 am

Agbonkpolo - Utah State

So where is all the information that was going to come out about Linder and his torture tactics, leaving players in airports to find their own way home, and just being a big meany……? Weren’t we supposed to hear about it all?
Yea - the one poster who brought up those topics has gone silent on the alleged issues. Although in fairness, I don't believe that it was alleged that Linder was leaving players in airports but leaving a coach at an airport (who I presume to be Marc Rodgers who has now since left). The families of the California quitters were largely the ones calling Linder a tyrant on social media...especially the aunt of Kyman.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:36 am
307bball wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:46 am

This is the part that all of the people who harbor resentment towards players transferring are missing. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

This is how every player in the modern era has felt...the transfer rules just kept it from manifesting. If you think Larry Nance, Josh Adams, Josh Allen, Brandon Ewing, etc... would have stayed if they had mid 6 figures and no penalty to transfer....you are just naive. Players who are playing men's college basketball and football are professionals, full stop. These guys are not student athletes. They are not loyal to their school. On the hardwood and on the gridiron they are often consummate team players that want to win but once the game ends, every one of these guys are making business decisions and school loyalty doesn't factor in. This is not a moral issue. The hate towards the players is just asinine.
Not Maldo, not Wenzel, not Cole Godbout. Evidently we got 3 anomalies. ……🤷‍♂️ and, I don’t know if moral is the right word, but there at least 3 kids who have some integrity. My opinion.
If you can't command past 6 figures...it's pretty easy to be "loyal" and have "integrity".

Losing any of those three guys to transfer is not the same as losing Graham Ike....or a guy like Isaiah Neyor. Wenzel is not making big time NIL anywhere...Godbout is super solid...but he's not been a slam-dunk all MWC player. Maldo is good but his game was never going to be what it was anywhere but in the situation he had in Laramie w/Linder.

This is the ultimate counter-factual argument...the ultimate "what-if". People who put in the work like college athletes have to do, rarely lack "integrity"...particularly in a team sport. We will never know what is in these guys hearts and maybe I just assume people have "integrity" to the extent that a system will support it. Look at the incentive structure...no media or coach will ever badmouth a transferring star .... the only people who do are butt-hurt fans and they are easy to ignore. Even the coaches who have been vocally critical of it are pretty circumspect so as to not drive away an up and coming talent. So you have no penalty like being smeared in the media...and you have incredible financial upside for transferring.

I have and will continue to celebrate the Maldonado's, Godbout's, Wenzel's...heck I'll even cheer on and celebrate the Hunter Thompson's .... But I'm not deluded into thinking championships will be earned by that level of player. You need guys that other fan-base NIL collectives will throw big time dollars at...and when they do ... they will leave.
wyosports
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

LOL. I have not gone silent, just not sure what else there is to say. I had to go back a read my post (you might want too as well) to make sure I said what I thought I did. Never said he left any player in the airport; it was a coach, and as for the coach being mean to his players, well I think having over 25 players transfer or leave with eligibility left says it all. Not sure what you need to hear or read, but I think it was clear when all the players exited the program that we have a problem.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

wyosports wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:58 am So where is all the information that was going to come out about Linder and his torture tactics, leaving players in airports to find their own way home, and just being a big meany……? Weren’t we supposed to hear about it all?

LOL. I have not gone silent, just not sure what else there is to say. I had to go back a read my post (you might want too as well) to make sure I said what I thought I did. Never said he left any player in the airport; it was a coach, and as for the coach being mean to his players, well I think having over 25 players transfer or leave with eligibility left says it all. Not sure what you need to hear or read, but I think it was clear when all the players exited the program that we have a problem.

I think you said withhold judgement, more would come out.

Pretty sure Ike left for more money. Others for different opportunities. The Cali 3, don’t the let the doorknob hit ya where the Good Lord split ya……… they were toxic and I’m glad they are gone.