Most popular team in CO beating second most popular team in CO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

CU taking it to the Huskers.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

CSU may lose by 100 next week
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

That -3.5 was good. All my money was on this game this week.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Huskers QB killed them losing the ball on snaps multiple times.

Felt like they were definitely in it if he hadn’t sucked so hard.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Kill the Sheeeep next week...puuuuleeeese!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:47 pm CSU may lose by 100 next week
That would be grand!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I am a bit mixed on this one...

Neon is a doucher, almost as much as their fanbase. CSewe sucks, and can always KMA.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:14 am https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... valry-game

I'm with Norvell on this one.
I agree, too, but it's not good to poke the bear. Seems like Dion thrives on slights - real or imagined. He'll use this to fire up his team
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The difference between Jay Norvell and Sanders is that one is a man (Norvell) while the other is a petulant child (Sanders).
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:43 pm The difference between Jay Norvell and Sanders is that one is a man (Norvell) while the other is a petulant child (Sanders).
I totally agree. Once the honeymoon phase is over in Boulder, they aren't going to put up with his classless behavior.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:43 pm The difference between Jay Norvell and Sanders is that one is a man (Norvell) while the other is a petulant child (Sanders).
Which one would you prefer to be the Pokes head coach?
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The Pokes hc? I would not allow Deion Sanders to come within 100 miles of our stadium. I'd rather go 0-12 with someone else than to bring all of that street thuggish and gold chain wearing rap oriented environment to our state. Never. He is as phony as a three dollar bill and as someone else mentioned before you can use the word classless as well. I also didn't like how he handled his opening win press conference making it about himself and race instead of congratulating his kids. 100% trash and never a fit for Wyoming.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:47 pm
I totally agree. Once the honeymoon phase is over in Boulder, they aren't going to put up with his classless behavior.
I'm not a fan of Prime's style, but CU football is more relevant than they have been in more than 20 years, if not more than 30. Plus, I think the fans and school probably realize that they have a few years at most before he jumps to a major college or even NFL job. Between those two things I think they will put up with almost anything.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

His program culture fits a lot recruits in today's world. It doesn't matter if you like it or not; it's not just a fad or flash in the pan.

There will be more trying to copy that approach and culture. Is it something only Deion can do or is it something that will become common in cfb? Time will tell, I guess.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:35 am His program culture fits a lot recruits in today's world. It doesn't matter if you like it or not; it's not just a fad or flash in the pan.

There will be more trying to copy that approach and culture. Is it something only Deion can do or is it something that will become common in cfb? Time will tell, I guess.
His style is definitely unique and sort of reminds many of other flashy people who never achieved anything. The difference is he seems to be doing all the little things behind the scenes that actually translate to gridiron success. The things that create winning football programs have not changed since people like Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes or Barry Switzer were roaming the sidelines. Have some strategies changed? Sure...but things like emphasis on teamwork, attention to detail, practicing the little things will always work. Deion Sanders, for all of his brashness and flash must be focusing on those things or his teams would not be succeeding like this.

I was among the people who doubted what he accomplished at Jackson St. could be translated to a higher level of football but so far it has succeeded. One thing about guys like Deion who had long professional careers...they know how to work hard. Say what you want about not liking their demeanor or their "style", but to have a professional sports career that lasts 10+ years takes some real dedication and grit. Physical gifts alone might get you there but it is the grind and work ethic that will keep you there..... and Sanders has it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Even though I agree with Norvell, I’d still prefer prime time as coach. They wouldn’t be talking about the buffs had they won these two first without him.

Imagine bringing in a coach, you beat TCU and Nebraska, you’re getting top recruits and you’re talk of college football. I’d take that. I actually don’t mind a lot of what he says. Telling all the players to leave from a team that was 1-11 is the right move.
W-Y, Until I Die!