Homecoming - UW vs New Mexico

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I finally made one this year although it was only the 1st half. I loved how full the stadium looked and it was a fun atmosphere. I notice the students seem more into the games but are very high or drunk or both...lol...Fresno should be close to a sellout and we'll be closer to top 25 and the dawgs already are...fun day today solid performance once we got it going
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

Too many mental mistakes to keep up. Clock management at the end of the first half was horrible. When NM switched QBs they ran it down Wyoming's throat. Everyone and his dog knew after a couple of runs that unless 7 was playing QB for the lobos it was going to be a run. Everyone apparently but the d coordinator. Bohl has no feel on how to finish teams off by more than 10 points his teams do not go for the kill shot when they have the opponent on the run.
Really worriedd about next wekk now.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 138 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:03 pm Defense played fine. They had almost zero yards rushing until they switched qbs and started rushing him. Refreshing to see coach make change at QB when it’s obvious the QB isn’t working. Their last two TDs were gifted by 3 poop calls on Kolby Taylor.

Peasley played much better. Used his legs when needed and passes looked much better. 3rd down still an issue. They brought pressure almost every time and we didn’t convert. 2-11 and one conversion was with his feet. Most of his 3rd down passes were poop.

We better find RB2
Run D was very good. Passing D not so much. A couple nice sacks. Again ST got some needed points.

I’m glad to get a win against NM - somehow they just seem to play well against us.

Waylee, wow. Great RB. Peasley looked great 1st quarter. So so rest of the game.

The super nachos were wonderful.

I don’t understand the inconsistency of calls from officials. Peasley gets hit when on the ground in the 1st half - no call. We get tagged, rightly fully so in 2nd half on Taylor’s late hit. PIs so inconsistently called. Just don’t
get it. Just call them the same.

Anyway 4-1. On to Fresno. Go Pokes! Good win. And back in Casper by 8:00.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:03 pm Defense played fine. They had almost zero yards rushing until they switched qbs and started rushing him. Refreshing to see coach make change at QB when it’s obvious the QB isn’t working. Their last two TDs were gifted by 3 poop calls on Kolby Taylor.

Peasley played much better. Used his legs when needed and passes looked much better. 3rd down still an issue. They brought pressure almost every time and we didn’t convert. 2-11 and one conversion was with his feet. Most of his 3rd down passes were poop.

We better find RB2
Run D was very good. Passing D not so much. A couple nice sacks. Again ST got some needed points.

I’m glad to get a win against NM - somehow they just seem to play well against us.

Waylee, wow. Great RB. Peasley looked great 1st quarter. So so rest of the game.

I don’t understand the inconsistency of calls from officials. Peasley gets hit when on the ground in the 1st half - no call. We get tagged, rightly fully so in 2nd half on Taylor’s late hit. PIs so inconsistently called. Just don’t

Oh, and go Utah Tech.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 133 times

Just glad to get a W against those guys.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

Really nice crowd. 25.5k
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 133 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:52 pm Really nice crowd. 25.5k
That's great! With fresno and lambs for next 2, should be a good year for attendance.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:54 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:52 pm Really nice crowd. 25.5k
That's great! With fresno and lambs for next 2, should be a good year for attendance.
We’re apparently on pace for record attendance. Helps to have four games in September
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Has anyone heard anything on the injury to Sebastian Harsh?
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 pm Peasley looked great 1st quarter. So so rest of the game.

It seemed to me that Peasley's passing noticeably suffered after that hit. They sat him for a few plays, too. So my worry is he's really suffering from a concussion related syndrome.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

Lost Poke wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:48 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 pm Peasley looked great 1st quarter. So so rest of the game.

I think he has been susceptible to being concussed the whole year.

It seemed to me that Peasley's passing noticeably suffered after that hit. They sat him for a few plays, too. So my worry is he's really suffering from a concussion related syndrome.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

doreno5 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:43 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:48 am
I think he has been susceptible to being concussed the whole year.

1 play only
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Good win. We needed this.