Fresno State Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Fox picked this up for the main broadcast. If we're going to contend for the conference championship this is a must win!

phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Another nationally televised game. Such a benefit for recruiting.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Fresno is a five point favorite. This will be a good one.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

National TV and Waylee missed the first one against TT. This will be his coming out party. How great will this be?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yahoo! Big time game
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:55 pm Fresno is a five point favorite. This will be a good one.
I’ll be there. For the super nachos.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:55 pm Fresno is a five point favorite. This will be a good one.
I am surprised they are only a 5 point favorite. In my opinion, this is the best football team we will play this season. Yes, I think they are better than both Texas Tech and Texas.

Wyoming can win this game, but it is going to be an arduous task and probably take a little bit of luck being on our side. We will have to play better than we have in any other game so far, or I would not be surprised to see Fresno win this by 20+. Let’s hope the Pokes are up to the task.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TheRealUW wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:58 pm
I am surprised they are only a 5 point favorite. In my opinion, this is the best football team we will play this season. Yes, I think they are better than both Texas Tech and Texas.

Wyoming can win this game, but it is going to be an arduous task and probably take a little bit of luck being on our side. We will have to play better than we have in any other game so far, or I would not be surprised to see Fresno win this by 20+. Let’s hope the Pokes are up to the task.
I do not think they are better than texas or TT.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:32 pm

I don't know. I think they're maybe better than tech and/or appy state. Reality is that those were fortunate wins.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

They’re a solid team, but I agree, not as good as Texas.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

They barely beat Purdue and Eastern Washington. That's not quite the same as beating Alabama at their place. Their passing game worries me. They deserve to be the favorite in the game. But this game is very winnable. The d-line has to step up. And we need to limit their possessions with our run game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:35 pm
I don't know. I think they're maybe better than tech and/or appy state. Reality is that those were fortunate wins.
I think tech would 6or 7 out of ten vs Fresno
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Not feeling great about this matchup. Through five games the cowboys feel solid but flawed in ways that the top MW teams will exploit. Here's hoping that the pokes can bring some physicality and make the tone of the game favorable for the brown and gold.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

In the past 4 match ups with Fresno, we've been outscored 87-10. We haven't put up a single point against them in the last 11 quarters.. I don't have a great feeling about this game.

Bohl and Polasek need to have a solid gameplan and the D needs to play much better than they did against NM. It doesn't appear Fresno's run game is very good - averaging only ~100 yds/game and 3.7 yds/carry. Keep their run game shut down and get some pressure on the QB. Hopefully we get Harsh back.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

PokeNer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:23 am In the past 4 match ups with Fresno, we've been outscored 87-10. We haven't put up a single point against them in the last 11 quarters.. I don't have a great feeling about this game.

Bohl and Polasek need to have a solid gameplan and the D needs to play much better than they did against NM. It doesn't appear Fresno's run game is very good - averaging only ~100 yds/game and 3.7 yds/carry. Keep their run game shut down and get some pressure on the QB. Hopefully we get Harsh back.
We may have a decent shot if we can make them one dimensional. NM was gashing us with the run and pass. Can’t let that happen with Fresno.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:21 am We may have a decent shot if we can make them one dimensional. NM was gashing us with the run and pass. Can’t let that happen with Fresno.
This. We need to show we can learn and change because Fresno will exploit this weakness.