Josh Allen beats down the Fins

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

I’m a Steelers fan. I root my brains out for the bills and Josh Allen. People at work have asked about superbowl and at this point I’d rather see Josh win the superbowl than the Steelers. Then we could put up a JA with the Lombardi in the hallways.

People can root for whomever they want whenever they want for whatever reason. When Josh leaves the bills , I’m sure I’ll root for his new team.

Would we as Wyoming fans be all mad if Wyoming became some national sweetheart where we gained 100s of thousands of fans? I wouldn’t.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 240 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:13 pm I’m a Steelers fan. I root my brains out for the bills and Josh Allen. People at work have asked about superbowl and at this point I’d rather see Josh win the superbowl than the Steelers.
Well, f-word, you only have what, 6 of them?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:59 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:16 pm John Elway saw Josh Allen come back from an injury to play for his team one last time and dominate in a "meaningless" Tater Bowl in person and passed up on him anyway. He was right down the road!
Elway was an idiot! He could have been a genius and this one decision sealed his fate as a failure GM
Honestly, Denver probably would've destroyed Josh before he got going. Buffalo got him the development and coaching he needed to thrive rather than throwing him straight into the fire. One of the things Broncos fans share as a fanbase is impatience. They expect to be good every year, even when that's not reasonable.

And no, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have high expectations - just that Josh needed patience rather than just being thrown out after one season with more interceptions than TDs thrown. Buffalo giving him the time and coaching he needed meant that he went from being a "project" to being elite.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:59 pm

Elway was an idiot! He could have been a genius and this one decision sealed his fate as a failure GM
Honestly, Denver probably would've destroyed Josh before he got going. Buffalo got him the development and coaching he needed to thrive rather than throwing him straight into the fire. One of the things Broncos fans share as a fanbase is impatience. They expect to be good every year, even when that's not reasonable.

And no, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have high expectations - just that Josh needed patience rather than just being thrown out after one season with more interceptions than TDs thrown. Buffalo giving him the time and coaching he needed meant that he went from being a "project" to being elite.
I find this to be a sad cope by fans of teams that make stupid draft decisions. Josh Allen is a superstar who makes everyone around him better. The idea that he would have failed in Denver is laughable.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:25 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 pm

I find this to be a sad cope by fans of teams that make stupid draft decisions. Josh Allen is a superstar who makes everyone around him better. The idea that he would have failed in Denver is laughable.
It is not that Allen would have been any less of a talent, it is that Denver would have not developed his talent as Buffalo did.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

doreno5 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:48 am
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:25 am

It is not that Allen would have been any less of a talent, it is that Denver would have not developed his talent as Buffalo did.
What is that based on, though? Drew Lock, Brock Osweiller, and washed up Russell Wilson? You cannot compare how these players performed in Denver because they are nowhere near Josh Allen in terms of talent.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:29 pm
doreno5 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:48 am
What is that based on, though? Drew Lock, Brock Osweiller, and washed up Russell Wilson? You cannot compare how these players performed in Denver because they are nowhere near Josh Allen in terms of talent.
The point is that Broncos and their fans wouldn't have had the patience to develop him. He wouldn't have had the weapons or the coaching necessary, and the fans would have turned on him right away. Daboll was probably the perfect guy at the perfect time for Josh.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:37 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:29 pm

The point is that Broncos and their fans wouldn't have had the patience to develop him. He wouldn't have had the weapons or the coaching necessary, and the fans would have turned on him right away. Daboll was probably the perfect guy at the perfect time for Josh.
I just don't agree. Josh Allen got injured as a rookie and had poor numbers but showed flashes. Year 2 he took the team to the playoffs with John Brown and Cole Beasley as leading receivers. Brian Daboll helped him for sure, but Daboll remains the most overrated coach in football by both Bills fans and everyone else. He would have succeeded in Denver and it was a franchise-destroying mistake by the Broncos to let him get away.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Josh is a transcendent talent. Would not have mattered where he was drafted. Daboll sucks as we see with him on NY. He’s no magical QB whisperer.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:56 am
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:07 pm We should take someone else's advice and let this one go.
Oh wow, you mean we can actually be Bills’ fans? I was starting to worry what I was supposed to do on Sunday.
Ugh, I scraped the Bills logo off my back glass. Now I guess it was ok for me to have one. Geez, now I got to go buy another one. Dammit
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:40 pm There will be no supposed bandwagon Bills fans who have been lifetime Broncos fans acting like they just found a new team because of a former Wyoming player on that team. That will not be happening on my watch. No.
You, asshole; are enough to make me want to give up on fandom in general. Walmart Donkeys can kiss my ass. As well as you George Paton and the entire liberal Denver metro area. Buffalo is an amazing small town that loves Josh and everything he stands for including the Wyoming Cowboys. Go take a chill pill & keep on rooting for Russ and the lot of losers that are the Broncos currently.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I think what team you’re drafted to matters quite a bit. No WRs and a bad team giving up sacks can ruin a Qb before they ever have a chance.
W-Y, Until I Die!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:30 pm I think what team you’re drafted to matters quite a bit. No WRs and a bad team giving up sacks can ruin a Qb before they ever have a chance.
In some or maybe even a lot of instances, yes thats true. But that's exactly what situation Josh had. And he got through it and brought the whole organization up with him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:30 pm I think what team you’re drafted to matters quite a bit. No WRs and a bad team giving up sacks can ruin a Qb before they ever have a chance.
The bills sucked azz when josh drafted him
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:35 am
They were a playoff team the year before and they aren’t the Browns.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:12 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:35 am

They were a playoff team the year before and they aren’t the Browns.
Or the pathetic Jets. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

The Bills helped straighten out Josh's footwork issues and going through the paces. Since they had just gotten a new staff, and reassurances that they would get a few years, minimum, to develop their new team, they were able to develop Josh.

I'm not saying Josh isn't talented, far from it. But he did not get good coaching as a QB while here. He showed flashes of brilliance, yes. But he needed those flashes to become the norm, not the rarity. Denver has been a QB graveyard since Manning retired. Little to no development of new QBs, no patience, and older QBs simply have not had the spark they used to when they got there.

So, Buffalo was a good place for Josh. Culture, people, development, and the drive to prove he belongs.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Jaguars!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:45 pm Jaguars!
:rofl:
Saints!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

:D :o :D :o :D :o

Lombardi X 6

JAGUARS!!!!!!

Bandwagoners can put away their JA jerseys for a week :winky: