UNLV - What is your prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

I think this will be a low scoring game with us coming out on top 24-23. Go Pokes!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I’ll be there. I predict UNLV prevails 30-23 in a game that is never seriously in doubt. Hope I’m wrong.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

It will either be a UNLV blowout like Boise or Wyoming will eke out close one with a late FG or TD.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Road game = Loss and possibly (If BSU is any indication) a big one.

Rebs 38
Cowboys 17
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Optimistic that the Boise game was the head scratcher of the year. A team with this maturity and depth should be much more dialed in. Ugly one where the Pokes win 20-14 or something like that. Defensive/special teams score a TD.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I don’t think our offense can get out of its own way long enough to win this game. I’m seeing a two score loss at least.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:26 am It will either be a UNLV blowout like Boise or Wyoming will eke out close one with a late FG or TD.
This.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We know how road games go for WYO and plaing innan nfl stadium might be too much...I hope it is the highlight of my trip to see The Roomba, hope it'll be fun...but i think the Rebels will want it more and beat us handily 31-13...hope I'm wrong
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Bohl's teams continue to underperform when there's high expectations and overperform when there's none. Based on that, I'm saying we get it done in similar fashion to CSU. We should win comfortably but being who our head coach is, we'll let them climb back and they'll have a chance late. 27-24 pokes.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

My prediction is that every one of these predictions could be right. These Pokes are too unpredictable. And given their road record I am not optimistic.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We either squeak this one out or get blown out. Waylee is not at 100% and that was obvious during the CSU game honestly surprised he was playing. He's a tough SOB. However there were some big runs he would have popped off had he been at full speed.
Last edited by Cornpoke on Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm good for 3!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:54 am My prediction is that every one of these predictions could be right. These Pokes are too unpredictable. And given their road record I am not optimistic.
Way to go out on a limb! Actually, the Pokes are not that hard to predict. We've lost 3 road games. One to a team that is in the National title hunt, one close game to arguably the best team in the conference, and we laid an egg against a team that is at least as talented as we are.
We are not going to get blown out. We cover the spread and get the win behind big games by Waylee and Peasley.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I see a loss and it will be similar to the Boise game.

1. UNLV can run and pass on offense. Our DBs see ghosts when they have to watch the backfield and their WR assignment.
2. We couldn't get pressure on the CSU QB when they were wholly one dimensional with a QB that couldn't run. Unless our DL has the monster game we've been promised all year (but never seen) and can actually learn how to keep containment on a mobile QB, we will get gashed with QB runs and draws. Once that part of the UNLV O is going, look for White and their TE to abuse us.
3. Waylee is not 100%. He might be 50%. Might. Our OL run blocked well against CSU, but Peasley was running for his life and/or getting sacked when we were in obvious or likely passing downs. Sustaining drives will be difficult unless we get 3-4 yards in the run game on first down.
4. Red Shoes has lost his mojo. Bohl's confidence in him is wholly misplaced outside of 40 yards. He used to bail out our offense after their inevitable stall around the 30 Yard Line. Now, he misses and puts our defense in really bad spots, which have the potential to flip momentum (like it did against CSU with the stupid Bohl decisions to try FGs from 55 and 52 yards). Without the two INTs that a crummy, young CSU QB unadvisedly threw, the outcome of the Border War is much different.
5. Craig Bohl plays not to lose. You can't do that against young teams, at home, with good coaches that have something to play for like UNLV. A grinding game works in Laramie in November against a team like CSU that wants to find a reason to give up. It doesn't against a hungry team like UNLV. You have to punch them in the mouth and actively take their will. Our OL and DL haven't really been great at throwing punches that land and hurt.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Waylee hurt. Away game (Vegas no less). Already bowl eligible. Translation -- a loss.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And a trajectory to the Spud Potato Bowl yet again....sigh
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Roast me if you choose. I have no doubt The Pokes have the talent to beat UNLV. Question is, do the coaches have them mentally ready to play, and can Bohl and company put a 4 quarter game plan together to win? If so, 24-21 Pokes. If not - U G L Y!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:55 am Waylee hurt. Away game (Vegas no less). Already bowl eligible. Translation -- a loss.
I talked to Waylee, briefly after the ewe game. He said he was okay. So did Bertagnole.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

LawPoke wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:06 am I see a loss and it will be similar to the Boise game.

1. UNLV can run and pass on offense. Our DBs see ghosts when they have to watch the backfield and their WR assignment.
2. We couldn't get pressure on the CSU QB when they were wholly one dimensional with a QB that couldn't run. Unless our DL has the monster game we've been promised all year (but never seen) and can actually learn how to keep containment on a mobile QB, we will get gashed with QB runs and draws. Once that part of the UNLV O is going, look for White and their TE to abuse us.
3. Waylee is not 100%. He might be 50%. Might. Our OL run blocked well against CSU, but Peasley was running for his life and/or getting sacked when we were in obvious or likely passing downs. Sustaining drives will be difficult unless we get 3-4 yards in the run game on first down.
4. Red Shoes has lost his mojo. Bohl's confidence in him is wholly misplaced outside of 40 yards. He used to bail out our offense after their inevitable stall around the 30 Yard Line. Now, he misses and puts our defense in really bad spots, which have the potential to flip momentum (like it did against CSU with the stupid Bohl decisions to try FGs from 55 and 52 yards). Without the two INTs that a crummy, young CSU QB unadvisedly threw, the outcome of the Border War is much different.
5. Craig Bohl plays not to lose. You can't do that against young teams, at home, with good coaches that have something to play for like UNLV. A grinding game works in Laramie in November against a team like CSU that wants to find a reason to give up. It doesn't against a hungry team like UNLV. You have to punch them in the mouth and actively take their will. Our OL and DL haven't really been great at throwing punches that land and hurt.
Can't really argue with any of that. The only thing that gives me hope is UNLV's soft schedule. But at the same time they played Fresno really well.. Who knowS!
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

I just know that I'll be watching!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

sandiegopoke wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:27 am I just know that I'll be watching!
Yep, hurry up and c’mon 8:45.