Hey WYO media

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

We paid 35k for the College Sports Association analysis and report. They gave 4 very clear critical areas to address:
1) Culture change with higher levels of expectations and accountability.
2) Better integration of athletics into the daily life and strategic planning of the university.
3) Improved recruiting and retention of student-athletes and staff.
4) Development of resources to compare favorably with competitive peers.

The report was 10 years ago. Ask the hard questions. Did UW follow any of these recommendations? What is the hard data for the kpi's? Simply stating this increased by x is insufficient. How did our position change relative to peers?

A decade later and it looks like the same damn report could be written. If I'm wrong, show it. Do a 10 year anniversary of the report and what changed. It would be a fantastic article.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I'm obviously not in the media - but I get the sense that they are starting to take the gloves off. I have really appreciated their questions after Boise and UNLV. Bohl doesn't like it, which is obvious, but they are trying. Cody Tucker, Ryan Thorburn, and others are asking some of the questions that need asked - AND ANSWERED. Craig and his staff are among the highest paid in G5 and MWC - and they are putting a mid product on the field.

This said, I have no confidence that the athletic department will ever embrace the findings of that report. Accountability and excellence are not truly central to their work. Stroking fat cats and enjoying the side benefits and emoluments of that stroking are all they really care about. Case in point: CJC is broken - and has been for a while (the hospitality in Vegas was a glaring example as no families with kids under 21 were allowed in).
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

The arena and practice facility have improved over time. Waiting to see what happens with the stadium. However the 4 areas identified are still in need of attention.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

If little has been done to address these points, and if you are advocating a coaching change without also demanding these points be addressed, you are part of the problem, imo. Allowing systemic issues to skate by and settling for instant gratification of a coaching change thereby giving mediocrity another 4 years at minimum. The systemic mediocrity cycle feeds off of the coaching hire/fire cycle. Accountability never settles in the proper location.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:44 am If little has been done to address these points, and if you are advocating a coaching change without also demanding these points be addressed, you are part of the problem, imo. Allowing systemic issues to skate by and settling for instant gratification of a coaching change thereby giving mediocrity another 4 years at minimum. The systemic mediocrity cycle feeds off of the coaching hire/fire cycle. Accountability never settles in the proper location.
if you are advocating a coaching change without also demanding these points be addressed, you are part of the problem

Very well said. At this point the coaching change is window dressing at best. Judging by the poll I posted ... you and I are spitting in the wind on this point though.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:28 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:44 am If little has been done to address these points, and if you are advocating a coaching change without also demanding these points be addressed, you are part of the problem, imo. Allowing systemic issues to skate by and settling for instant gratification of a coaching change thereby giving mediocrity another 4 years at minimum. The systemic mediocrity cycle feeds off of the coaching hire/fire cycle. Accountability never settles in the proper location.
if you are advocating a coaching change without also demanding these points be addressed, you are part of the problem

Very well said. At this point the coaching change is window dressing at best. Judging by the poll I posted ... you and I are spitting in the wind on this point though.
Who would have thought we'd ever bang the same drum :rofl:

I'll add McPeachy in here on our drum team based on some of his posts. Mr. McPeachy, my apologies if I've mischaracterized your opinion.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:28 am I'm obviously not in the media - but I get the sense that they are starting to take the gloves off. I have really appreciated their questions after Boise and UNLV. Bohl doesn't like it, which is obvious, but they are trying. Cody Tucker, Ryan Thorburn, and others are asking some of the questions that need asked - AND ANSWERED. Craig and his staff are among the highest paid in G5 and MWC - and they are putting a mid product on the field.

This said, I have no confidence that the athletic department will ever embrace the findings of that report. Accountability and excellence are not truly central to their work. Stroking fat cats and enjoying the side benefits and emoluments of that stroking are all they really care about. Case in point: CJC is broken - and has been for a while (the hospitality in Vegas was a glaring example as no families with kids under 21 were allowed in).
I agree that Cody Tucker and Ryan Thornhill have been asking tough questions that deserve answers. I really enjoyed the 3 minute section of Bohls presser on Svobda. I think if he can get the game manager aspect down he will be a baller. Sounded like Bohl was hinting that he is athletically superior than Peasely but doesn't have the game manager aspect yet. And for our offense to "function" the QB needs the game manager part.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:01 pm
307bball wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Who would have thought we'd ever bang the same drum :rofl:

I'll add McPeachy in here on our drum team based on some of his posts. Mr. McPeachy, my apologies if I've mischaracterized your opinion.
You certainly have NOT mischaracterized my opinion, and I join you and 307 in your way of thinking. As I have stated numerous times, and firmly believe, the AD at WYO does less with more (don't get me started on the lack of vision), than likely anywhere in the entire D1 college athletic scene. The failure from our AD has been brushed aside, because we have mediocre results, with mediocre stability. Until a change happens with the way of thinking at the very top (looking at your UW Prez & BOT)...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

ReecesRiver wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:43 pm
LawPoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:28 am I'm obviously not in the media - but I get the sense that they are starting to take the gloves off. I have really appreciated their questions after Boise and UNLV. Bohl doesn't like it, which is obvious, but they are trying. Cody Tucker, Ryan Thorburn, and others are asking some of the questions that need asked - AND ANSWERED. Craig and his staff are among the highest paid in G5 and MWC - and they are putting a mid product on the field.

I agree that Cody Tucker and Ryan Thornhill have been asking tough questions that deserve answers. I really enjoyed the 3 minute section of Bohls presser on Svobda. I think if he can get the game manager aspect down he will be a baller. Sounded like Bohl was hinting that he is athletically superior than Peasely but doesn't have the game manager aspect yet. And for our offense to "function" the QB needs the game manager part.
Coachspeak 101. Svobda did well managing the game at Texas. AT TEXAS. Bohl is just feeding us poop (again).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...