Taylor Benched

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Missed this from Ryan Thorburn earlier this week:

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

About time!! He has cost us with his penalties and lapses in coverage.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:19 pm About time!! He has cost us with his penalties and lapses in coverage.
I expect a lot of 3 man rush with 5 dbs from Wyoming this weekend. Taylor will still be on the field.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 240 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:46 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:19 pm About time!! He has cost us with his penalties and lapses in coverage.
I expect a lot of 3 man rush with 5 dbs from Wyoming this weekend. Taylor will still be on the field.
Might as well rush three. We get zero pressure ever from the down linemen. Can’t stop the runs well with four down either
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

He has NFL talent but cant turn around and find the ball
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Hotkarl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:13 pm He has NFL talent but cant turn around and find the ball
I have thought for a few years that our outside CB's are poorly coached in general. If they don't get beat in coverage, they can't make a play on a contested ball or get called for DPI because they are late turning around and have to mug the WR.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

He's insanely talented and plays with the motor and edge that we need....but the number of times I have screamed at him to turn his head the f*ck around have been exhausting. Lol.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:57 am
Hotkarl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:13 pm He has NFL talent but cant turn around and find the ball
I have thought for a few years that our outside CB's are poorly coached in general. If they don't get beat in coverage, they can't make a play on a contested ball or get called for DPI because they are late turning around and have to mug the WR.
I hate the 8 to 10 yard cushion our dbs often play at. Smart teams which good wide outs kill Wyoming with short quick passes on first downs early in the game. . That sets up situations where the defensive backs momentum at snap is to try to move forward to stop the short pass and the receiver blowing by for long pass down the sideline
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:31 am
Poke in New England wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:57 am

I hate the 8 to 10 yard cushion our dbs often play at. Smart teams which good wide outs kill Wyoming with short quick passes on first downs early in the game. . That sets up situations where the defensive backs momentum at snap is to try to move forward to stop the short pass and the receiver blowing by for long pass down the sideline
Oh my...is this not the post of the day!!! Because we can't seem to get pressure with our front 4, 8-10 yard cushions are devastating. I hate them.

Also, Taylor is awful. Beyond not turning around (which leads to completions and pass interference calls), he can't/won't tackle after a catch. In fact, I would argue that our entire secondary is filled with whimps who can't lay a hit. They push and tug and pull and lather, but they will not lay a hit. Costs us 3-5 yards on every completion - which have been plentiful this year.

Finally, Grant needs fired.

That is all.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Every game I've see Bohl looking like a volcano ready to explode yelling a Taylor. Its hilarious and yes I have seen it in every game this year beside Texas because he was suspended.