What MWC bowls are not "crap bowl"?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is the TV channel the bowl is on a subscription channel or can we watch for free (I have Comcast as TV provider)?
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I think the CW is available on most cable offerings - and is available as an app too.

It mostly offers Superman and Marvel comic book-type shows and sit com reruns from what I have seen.
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

Living in an urban area, plus not really watching much TV has meant I've never really subscribed to cable. Streaming services like Netflix basically give me what I want, but in this case I won't be able to get the CW on services I already pay for. I definitely don't intend to pay the big bucks for Hulu Plus or Youtube TV to be able to watch this game. But I do have a solution: I will use the Barstool app on my laptop, and slave my laptop onto my flat screen. Might vary a little from TV to TV, but I can do it very easily on my setup with an audio cable from the laptop audio out to the tv audio in. For the video, I just use a VGA cable between the two. Some people might be able to use a HDMI cable. Cables are cheap. I use this system when I want to watch music videos, concerts, movies, etc off of YouTube. All for free.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

wwplayer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:57 pm Living in an urban area, plus not really watching much TV has meant I've never really subscribed to cable. Streaming services like Netflix basically give me what I want, but in this case I won't be able to get the CW on services I already pay for. I definitely don't intend to pay the big bucks for Hulu Plus or Youtube TV to be able to watch this game. But I do have a solution: I will use the Barstool app on my laptop, and slave my laptop onto my flat screen. Might vary a little from TV to TV, but I can do it very easily on my setup with an audio cable from the laptop audio out to the tv audio in. For the video, I just use a VGA cable between the two. Some people might be able to use a HDMI cable. Cables are cheap. I use this system when I want to watch music videos, concerts, movies, etc off of YouTube. All for free.
Good work. Dumb that you have to do it, but that is life with the awesome and innovative Barstool Bowl, which has the funniest and best announcers. Thoughtful, full of incite, tremendous, brilliant announcers.
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:28 pm
wwplayer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:57 pm Living in an urban area, plus not really watching much TV has meant I've never really subscribed to cable. Streaming services like Netflix basically give me what I want, but in this case I won't be able to get the CW on services I already pay for. I definitely don't intend to pay the big bucks for Hulu Plus or Youtube TV to be able to watch this game. But I do have a solution: I will use the Barstool app on my laptop, and slave my laptop onto my flat screen. Might vary a little from TV to TV, but I can do it very easily on my setup with an audio cable from the laptop audio out to the tv audio in. For the video, I just use a VGA cable between the two. Some people might be able to use a HDMI cable. Cables are cheap. I use this system when I want to watch music videos, concerts, movies, etc off of YouTube. All for free.
Good work. Dumb that you have to do it, but that is life with the awesome and innovative Barstool Bowl, which has the funniest and best announcers. Thoughtful, full of incite, tremendous, brilliant announcers.
Thanks!. I'll post these instructions again closer to the game date, so people are aware of this way to (easily) get past the issues of getting this game on their TV's.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Isn't Cw over the air? Just need a digital antenna if you can get over the air channels.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:44 pm Isn't Cw over the air? Just need a digital antenna if you can get over the air channels.
If you have even the very basic cable package, you'll have The CW.

BTW, I have the very bottom of the barrel basic cable package here in OKC, it now costs just over $100 a month. What is it in your areas? Just curious.

I have Cox Cable.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

The CW is one of the most easily accessible networks in the country outside of the big three (ABC/NBC/CBS). It amazes me that people are b*tching about that, too.

Some people outright choose to be miserable or make things more complicated than they need to be.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:50 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:44 pm Isn't Cw over the air? Just need a digital antenna if you can get over the air channels.

BTW, I have the very bottom of the barrel basic cable package here in OKC, it now costs just over $100 a month. What is it in your areas? Just curious.

I have Cox Cable.
I don't have cable. Majority of the year, I have digital antenna ($50 at walmart). That gets ABC, NBC, cbs, fox, cw, and 20+ other channels I don't watch for free. Usually alternate other streaming options throughout the year (paramount plus, discovery, etc.). Hulu for the POKES sept-nov. Sling in Dec for bowl season and cheaper than hulu.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:25 am The CW is one of the most easily accessible networks in the country outside of the big three (ABC/NBC/CBS). It amazes me that people are b*tching about that, too.

Some people outright choose to be miserable or make things more complicated than they need to be.
You're killing LawPoke's narrative.

Come on...people shouldn't be forced to either stream or learn how to simply plug in a $10 digital antenna to the back of their TV. If it isn't on ESPN or doesn't otherwise satisfy LawPoke, it doesn't count.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I will follow up with my Grandpa and get back to you on the cable pricing. :lol:
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:25 am The CW is one of the most easily accessible networks in the country outside of the big three (ABC/NBC/CBS). It amazes me that people are b*tching about that, too.

Come on...people shouldn't be forced to either stream or learn how to simply plug in a $10 digital antenna to the back of their TV. If it isn't on ESPN or doesn't otherwise satisfy LawPoke, it doesn't count.
I'm sure the 130,000 people that tune in through the CW will enjoy the amazing commentary and game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

LawPoke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:41 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am

I'm sure the 130,000 people that tune in through the CW will enjoy the amazing commentary and game.
The commentary was dumb, but being on the CW makes it a lot better for me. Those with the CW can watch it, and those without can easily watch it online.

I wish they would get a serious, or semi-serious play-by-play guy and then they can do their nonsense announcing for color. That would make it better and give balance to what they are trying to do.
cowpokeguy
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:00 am

I have Cox Cable.
I don't have cable. Majority of the year, I have digital antenna ($50 at walmart). That gets ABC, NBC, cbs, fox, cw, and 20+ other channels I don't watch for free. Usually alternate other streaming options throughout the year (paramount plus, discovery, etc.). Hulu for the POKES sept-nov. Sling in Dec for bowl season and cheaper than hulu.
The CW is a major broadcast network and if you live in an urban area it will be available to you with a basic antenna. In Denver area it is channel 2. Enter your zip code on this page to find it in other places https://www.cwtv.com/page/stations/
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:44 am
LawPoke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:41 am

The commentary was dumb, but being on the CW makes it a lot better for me. Those with the CW can watch it, and those without can easily watch it online.

I wish they would get a serious, or semi-serious play-by-play guy and then they can do their nonsense announcing for color. That would make it better and give balance to what they are trying to do.
Careful, now. Barstool is on the cusp of being Emmy-worthy. Their commentary is cutting edge and underappreciated among the 130,000 people that actually tuned to enjoy it for any sustained period of time. Wyoming is extremely lucky and blessed to have a broadcast of this heft and gravitas to carry our brand and reputation to the world. The tens of people that grew in their appreciation of Wyoming and the football program as a result of last years' broadcast and the countless others that got a good shot in at the Rubes in Wyoming will no doubt carry the day for our feckless and floundering university. Anyone that says otherwise is an old, stodgy, dumb, obtuse, testosterone-deprived lady-boy and only capable of spewing BS about the fine, upstanding folks at Barstool that only have Wyoming's interests at heart.

I do agree that the CW helps those that want to watch find and see the game. That is a definite upgrade over last year...which was still amazing and revolutionary by the way.