We're back in the Arizona Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:35 am
Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:59 am

After this game we will have played more than half of the MAC schools just since Bohl has been here:

Ohio (bowl game)
Kent State (bowl game)
Toldeo (bowl game)
Northern Illinois X2
Eastern Michigan X2
Central Michigan (bowl game)
Ball State

Just win this time. Revenge for the game in Laramie when they tried to kill Brett Smith.
some of you have amazing memories
I remembered all the bowl games. The Northern Illinois games were both pretty memorable, especially in 2016. I forgot that we lost to Eastern Michigan TWICE, mostly because I blacked out the 2015 season. Ball State was one I forgot about.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:11 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:35 am

some of you have amazing memories
I remembered all the bowl games. The Northern Illinois games were both pretty memorable, especially in 2016. I forgot that we lost to Eastern Michigan TWICE, mostly because I blacked out the 2015 season. Ball State was one I forgot about.
We beat the poop out of Ball State and CMU
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We are 2 point underdogs in the Arizona bowl. Assuming everyone on our side plays, I will be betting us in this game. We were down to our 5th string running back last year and still damn near won.
MAC is not a very impressive conference.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:12 pm We are 2 point underdogs in the Arizona bowl. Assuming everyone on our side plays, I will be betting us in this game. We were down to our 5th string running back last year and still damn near won.
MAC is not a very impressive conference.
Is this line before/after the Toledo QB entered the portal?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I just looked up buying tickets today. The cheapest tickets on the Wyoming side are around $40. You can buy really good seats on the Toledo side for $15. I wonder if the Wyoming folks will take over that side as well?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

phxpoke wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:32 pm I just looked up buying tickets today. The cheapest tickets on the Wyoming side are around $40. You can buy really good seats on the Toledo side for $15. I wonder if the Wyoming folks will take over that side as well?
We thought about it. But didn’t want to end up next to only Toledo fans.

We refused to buy through UW. We aren’t going to let CJC points dictate our seats.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:54 pm
phxpoke wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:32 pm I just looked up buying tickets today. The cheapest tickets on the Wyoming side are around $40. You can buy really good seats on the Toledo side for $15. I wonder if the Wyoming folks will take over that side as well?
We thought about it. But didn’t want to end up next to only Toledo fans.

We refused to buy through UW. We aren’t going to let CJC points dictate our seats.
We decided we did not want to sit by Toledo fans either. We bought our tickets through the Arizona Boal website. We got some pretty good prices up in section 104.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Wish I would have looked at the website instead of using UW ticket office.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:30 am Wish I would have looked at the website instead of using UW ticket office.
It’s crazy to me that UW believes fans would prefer to leave it up to the University to pick their seats purely based on priority points rather than pick their own. We checked SeatGeek daily until first row tickets on the Wyoming side (with actual seats) appeared for the same price that UW was asking for an unknown take your place in line ticket.

If the University had any sense, it would put all the bowl ticket allotment up for auction similar to SeatGeek. They would make more money and more people would buy through them.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:30 am
doreno5 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:30 am Wish I would have looked at the website instead of using UW ticket office.
It’s crazy to me that UW believes fans would prefer to leave it up to the University to pick their seats purely based on priority points rather than pick their own. We checked SeatGeek daily until first row tickets on the Wyoming side (with actual seats) appeared for the same price that UW was asking for an unknown take your place in line ticket.

If the University had any sense, it would put all the bowl ticket allotment up for auction similar to SeatGeek. They would make more money and more people would buy through them.
I have a pretty high priority point rank and have gotten tickets through UW - only to be awarded truly terrible seats at bowl games and other road contests. I stopped buying anything through UW as a result. You actually get much better seats that way.

Between CJC and the ticket office, I'm not sure who is more inept. Perhaps I was too hasty to lament mediocrity at UW...mediocrity actually looks pretty good from where our MBB, WBB and other programs are sitting. Hail Craig Bohl?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:04 pm

I have a pretty high priority point rank and have gotten tickets through UW - only to be awarded truly terrible seats at bowl games and other road contests. I stopped buying anything through UW as a result. You actually get much better seats that way.

Between CJC and the ticket office, I'm not sure who is more inept. Perhaps I was too hasty to lament mediocrity at UW...mediocrity actually looks pretty good from where our MBB, WBB and other programs are sitting. Hail Craig Bohl?
In Vegas at Allegiant Stadium, we had to laugh at the relatively full 'Wyoming Section.' It was far inferior to the club seats right above the Wyoming bench. The Wyoming section was at a poor angle near the endzone. But at least that was understandable being an away game. I was just surprised at how many people must have flown to the game, spent a bunch of money on airfare and hotel and then to sit in truly terrible seats when there were great seats available all over the stadium. We were very happy with our seats and available beverages at the club level above the Wyoming bench but obviously not happy with the game result.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WBB is mediocre? News to me
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:38 pm
They have put together a really really tough OOC schedule and sit at 4-5. I don't know how they will fare in conference. But losing to 4-6 Montana State by 10 doesn't bode well.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:43 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:38 pm
They have put together a really really tough OOC schedule and sit at 4-5. I don't know how they will fare in conference. But losing to 4-6 Montana State by 10 doesn't bode well.
You are right - we are probably a little worse than mediocre right now.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I’ve got a ticket office story for you guys. Around twenty years ago or so the Pokes had a home NIT BBall game. They didn’t have electronic ticketing back then. I ordered tickets for will call along with just about everyone else. After standing in line forever I got my tickets and hot damn they were right behind the radio announcers. Looking a little closer I saw that Montgomery Broadcasting was printed on the tickets. We should have just sat in those seats but I knew it had to be a mistake so I went back to will call and asked if I got the right tickets. They took them back and gave me seats behind the backboard. To this day I wonder what they would have done if we had plopped our asses down in the original seats!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:02 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:43 pm

Come on guys. Big picture WBB has probably been the bright spot of the entire Wyoming athletics department. I bet a dollar we finish in the top 2 of the conference this year
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

You just told my story as well...what a poop$how.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:01 pm
LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Come on guys. Big picture WBB has probably been the bright spot of the entire Wyoming athletics department. I bet a dollar we finish in the top 2 of the conference this year
Time will tell, I guess. The loss to Montana State is a head scratcher - and a bit of a red flag. I will concede that their OOC schedule has been a gauntlet, but they have looked pedestrian or worse in most of those contests - with the MSU loss being the icing on the cake to suggest that they are not a good team right now.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:59 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:34 pm No disrespect to any and all MAC teams but I'm getting sick of Wyoming playing MAC teams.
After this game we will have played more than half of the MAC schools just since Bohl has been here:

Ohio (bowl game)
Kent State (bowl game)
Toldeo (bowl game)
Northern Illinois X2
Eastern Michigan X2
Central Michigan (bowl game)
Ball State

Just win this time. Revenge for the game in Laramie when they tried to kill Brett Smith.
Agree with this. Well said.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

How was parking last time?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.