LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Linder. SMH.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

As much as I hate to say it, BYU has a really good basketball team this year. Their player spacing/positioning and off the ball movement was outstanding. It also helps that they shoot the ball well.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I'm just glad there was a fooball game on so I didn't have to watch that.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:51 pm I'm just glad there was a football game on so I didn't have to watch that.
And we won that game!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Didn’t watch. But seems like a bold strategy to give, imo, your best player or second best player, Manyauw, FIVE minutes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

A 26 point loss 68-94...i know it's never easy to play at the Marriott Toilet Bowl, but cmon Pokes...really.....
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Linder has a mess on his hands. This year could be worse than last year, considering the quality depth in the league. Sure, BYU is good, but we are bad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

LawPoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:14 am Linder has a mess on his hands. This year could be worse than last year, considering the quality depth in the league. Sure, BYU is good, but we are bad.
The man hasn’t been able to hold onto good players
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

TheRealUW wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:58 pm It also helps that they shoot the ball well.
It also helps that they are a couple of years older that players on other teams
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:04 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:14 am Linder has a mess on his hands. This year could be worse than last year, considering the quality depth in the league. Sure, BYU is good, but we are bad.
His program. His job. His problem. It’s what he is paid to do. I hope he can do it. I have doubts.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:17 pm

His program. His job. His problem. It’s what he is paid to do. I hope he can do it. I have doubts.
You believe that because Linder collects a salary that he is therefore the reason for Graham Ike going to Gonzaga on a $500K deal?
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:54 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:17 pm
You believe that because Linder collects a salary that he is therefore the reason for Graham Ike going to Gonzaga on a $500K deal?
Nope. I believe that because Linder collects a salary to serve as the Head Coach of the University of Wyoming basketball program, that it is his job to run the program and figure out how to get and keep players and win. He needs to fix a mess that he created - and I am NOT talking about Ike. Ike is a different issue that, for the most part, he had no control over. His other recruiting misses/cancers and inability/unwillingness to keep other players are plentiful enough. He has a lot to fix - and as the UW basketball coach, it is HIS job to get it done. At least that is what I thought he was drawing that salary to do??
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Any players. The man hasn't been able to hold onto any players. Some I am very glad are gone - they should have never been here. Clearly he is NOT a player's coach. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but Maldo and Wenzel are among the few players that have provided any longevity in this outfit.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

I've had the opportunity to speak with several people who have coached with Linder at his previous stops before he arrived at UW. Every single one of them have only had very positive things to say about his coaching ability. More than one of them used the term "basketball genius" to describe him. While none of these people were his previous players, it his fellow coaches seem to hold him in high regard.

It does sound like he is very hard on players and sometimes doesn't express himself in the most eloquent manner. He probably needs to take this into account when he is recruiting players. Look for guys with thick skin who can handle some criticism - do that still exist in this day and age?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

TheRealUW wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 am I've had the opportunity to speak with several people who have coached with Linder at his previous stops before he arrived at UW. Every single one of them have only had very positive things to say about his coaching ability. More than one of them used the term "basketball genius" to describe him. While none of these people were his previous players, it his fellow coaches seem to hold him in high regard.

It does sound like he is very hard on players and sometimes doesn't express himself in the most eloquent manner. He probably needs to take this into account when he is recruiting players. Look for guys with thick skin who can handle some criticism - do that still exist in this day and age?
Maldo.

But educators and coaches everywhere at younger levels are coddling kids because they are afraid of the blowback and repercussions for being ‘tough’ on a kid. It’s truly worrisome for our future.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:04 am
TheRealUW wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 am I've had the opportunity to speak with several people who have coached with Linder at his previous stops before he arrived at UW. Every single one of them have only had very positive things to say about his coaching ability. More than one of them used the term "basketball genius" to describe him. While none of these people were his previous players, it his fellow coaches seem to hold him in high regard.

Maldo.

But educators and coaches everywhere at younger levels are coddling kids because they are afraid of the blowback and repercussions for being ‘tough’ on a kid. It’s truly worrisome for our future.
Especially in the era of unlimited transfers and NIL. I don't know how his demanding style can translate to success today. We will see in time.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

LawPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:39 pmLinder. SMH.
I never came on the site to comment on this game as I forgot.

I should have before the game. I could have told you all that I would be surprised if we stayed inside of a 30 point loss. BYU is a top 10 to top 12 team this year that can play with anyone. They have been blowing most everyone out. With the team we have this year I knew we were going to get worked in this game.

No one is to blame. BYU is just that good this year and unless you have a top 20 team you will get run out of the gym playing in Provo.

Evansville has been decent this year and BYU beat them by 40 in Provo. They beat Fresno St by 30 and they beat Arizona St on a neutral court by 30. So I wouldn’t worry too much over this loss.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….