WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

[media][
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

The entire game is archived on the MW website. I went back and watched the last 4 minutes and the OT. Those babies on the sheep board are whining about the officials. We got 2 horrible Flagrant 1 calls. Go watch the last 70 seconds. We didn't get one call. They missed free throws and couldn't get a rebound to save their life. We were clutch and they weren't. It's as simple as that.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

They also missed a blatant travel on Cartier with under a minute. Rams choked so hard.

I also went back and watched the final minute and the OT. During a timeout with 50 seconds left and csu up 9 the sideline reporter talked about CSU stopping at a gas station after road wins for coach to buy everyone snacks and how yummy those snacks were going to be. Must have been a long ride back to Fort Fart with nothing to taste but their tears 😭 🤠
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:13 pm They also missed a blatant travel on Cartier with under a minute. Rams choked so hard.

I also went back and watched the final minute and the OT. During a timeout with 50 seconds left and csu up 9 the sideline reporter talked about CSU stopping at a gas station after road wins for coach to buy everyone snacks and how yummy those snacks were going to be. Must have been a long ride back to Fort Fart with nothing to taste but their tears 😭 🤠
Classic, lol.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Was kot really fouled on that 3 in OT. That looked pretty weak call unless he hit elbow good. Hard to tell.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:23 pm Was kot really fouled on that 3 in OT. That looked pretty weak call unless he hit elbow good. Hard to tell.
In every angle I saw it didn't look like there was contact above the shoulders....The camera pans away pretty fast after the release though and the ref may have been calling the CSU defender for not giving Kot a landing space. I do agree though....got the benefit on that one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 am
laxwyo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:23 pm Was kot really fouled on that 3 in OT. That looked pretty weak call unless he hit elbow good. Hard to tell.
In every angle I saw it didn't look like there was contact above the shoulders....The camera pans away pretty fast after the release though and the ref may have been calling the CSU defender for not giving Kot a landing space. I do agree though....got the benefit on that one.
They could have called a foul on the Walters put back to tie it up too
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:53 am
307bball wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 am

Yeah...I don't like blaming bball refs either way. IMO...they call to much, but that is what they have been pressured to do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:13 pm They also missed a blatant travel on Cartier with under a minute. Rams choked so hard.

Gas station snacks. Hilarious. What are they, 4th grade girls soccer? :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:48 am

They get hungry after smoking all that weed
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:59 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:48 am

They get hungry after smoking all that weed
Wouldn't doubt that they blaze it up on the way back, you may be onto something! :silly:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:53 am
Yeah...I don't like blaming bball refs either way. IMO...they call to much, but that is what they have been pressured to do.
The bad calls, and there were some, evened out. Happened with both teams in favor/against.

Dont let anyone take away from this Pokes comeback.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Honestly, I hate it when a shooter gets a defender off his feet and then jumps three feet sideways to initiate contact with the defender. That’s what it looked like to me in the moment. That being said, they call that a foul with remarkable consistency so I suppose everyone with a half a brain cell will keep doing it in those moments until the refs stop calling it a foul.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm
Honestly, I hate it when a shooter gets a defender off his feet and then jumps three feet sideways to initiate contact with the defender. That’s what it looked like to me in the moment. That being said, they call that a foul with remarkable consistency so I suppose everyone with a half a brain cell will keep doing it in those moments until the refs stop calling it a foul.
I’m sure initiating contact is coached. And if it’s going to be called, why wouldn’t it be.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

For sure. I would coach it too.

But if I could wave a magic wand that would never be a foul for anyone. If it’s a honest shot attempt with contact, it should be a foul. If anyone in their right mind can tell a shooter would never do what they did unless it was to try and get a foul. No way.

But I don’t make the rules.

Edit: I rewatched it and he didn’t go nearly as far out of his way to initiate contact than what I originally thought.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm
The NBA actually changed the rules governing this exact scenario a few years backs. Now, if the offensive player launches or leans into a defender at "an unnatural angle", NBA officials are instructed to call it as an offensive foul. As far as I know, the NCAA has not adopted a similar rule yet.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:00 pm For sure. I would coach it too.

But if I could wave a magic wand that would never be a foul for anyone. If it’s a honest shot attempt with contact, it should be a foul. If anyone in their right mind can tell a shooter would never do what they did unless it was to try and get a foul. No way.

Edit: I rewatched it and he didn’t go nearly as far out of his way to initiate contact than what I originally thought.
I watched and I don't think he initiated contact at all. Stevens launched towards him and had inadvertent contact at the feet. Many times, that doesn't get called, but we benefited.

As was stated above, there were other horrible calls in CSU's favor in that last minute too.

As a coach, I would always tell a team, "You should win in a manner where the officiating doesn't make the outcome a question."
307bball
WyoNation Addict

sandiegopoke wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:35 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:00 pm For sure. I would coach it too.

I watched and I don't think he initiated contact at all. Stevens launched towards him and had inadvertent contact at the feet. Many times, that doesn't get called, but we benefited.

As was stated above, there were other horrible calls in CSU's favor in that last minute too.

As a coach, I would always tell a team, "You should win in a manner where the officiating doesn't make the outcome a question."
Kot didn't jump into him at all....Stevens actually played great defense (from what I can tell). Assume the call was that he landed in his space...

If you are CSU... and you are complaining about that call...I kind of see where you are coming from (ultimately only benefited the pokes one point). That being said....the Rams choked that one away on their own.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

307bball wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:42 am
sandiegopoke wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:35 am

Kot didn't jump into him at all....Stevens actually played great defense (from what I can tell). Assume the call was that he landed in his space...

If you are CSU... and you are complaining about that call...I kind of see where you are coming from (ultimately only benefited the pokes one point). That being said....the Rams choked that one away on their own.
I haven't re-watched it yet but watching live it looked like Stevens gave Kot a high 5 and that is where the contact was. I will have to re-watch it to see.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

CSU put themselves in the position of having the foul on the 3 mean something. If they hit their freebies and/or rebound on our free throws just once, they win. If Stevens doesn't throw it to my dad in the bowl of the AA, they win. They put the game in the hands of others...and it bit them.

If we want to get into excuses, I'd like to discuss the two flagrant fouls that were called on us that were garbage.

We have a ton of work to do - still - but I like the resilience of the club. We could be a tough out in March...or a cakewalk. Not sure just yet. Linder has to get his recruiting fixed. He sucks at building sustainably - but I guess everyone else does these days too with NIL and unfettered free agency with the porthole. Times, they are a-changin'. Can Jeff and crew change with them is my question?