MW is flaming out……

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:15 pm Izzo is calling for non P5 teams to not be allowed auto-bids for winning their conference. I guess the SEC commish is calling for the same.
The SEC is a trash men's bball conference. They had 8 teams selected for March Madness, and by the end of the second day, 6 of them were eliminated. LOL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They have 1 team already in the Elite 8 and are favored for a 2nd. If the SEC is trash, what does that make the MWC?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

SDSU was pimp slapped by Uconn by 30. MW bball actually sucks
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Cya Asstecs!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

The SEC is a trash men's bball conference. They had 8 teams selected for March Madness, and by the end of the second day, 6 of them were eliminated. LOL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They have 1 team already in the Elite 8 and are favored for a 2nd. If the SEC is trash, what does that make the MWC?
Tennessee is a solid, legit elite team. I think they were totally snubbed for a #1 seed. They are a complete team. Barnes is a solid coach, and IMO Knecht should win Player of the Year (but he probably won't due to media bias).

Alabama? They are overrated af. Look at their numbers from the regular season:

7-9 road/neutral record, 4-10 vs. Quad I opponents, 2-7 versus ranked opponents... and somehow they were a #4 seed. Those numbers suck.

They just luckily scored an upset of UNC the other night... who honestly choked away the game. Alabama didn't win it, UNC LOST it.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:18 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am
Tennessee is a solid, legit elite team. I think they were totally snubbed for a #1 seed. They are a complete team. Barnes is a solid coach, and IMO Knecht should win Player of the Year (but he probably won't due to media bias).

7-9 road/neutral record, 4-10 vs. Quad I opponents, 2-7 versus ranked opponents... and somehow they were a #4 seed. Those numbers suck.

They just luckily scored an upset of UNC the other night... who honestly choked away the game. Alabama didn't win it, UNC LOST it.
They are in the final four. Don’t seem to be overrated.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:19 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:18 am

They are in the final four. Don’t seem to be overrated.
When they had the easiest path to the Final Four by far. Alabama beat one great team - UNC - who basically choked away the game. The rest of their wins - Colgate, Grand Canyon, Clemson - are all unimpressive.