Uniform Updates

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:16 am
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 am I thought the gold with white pants always looked kinda funny. So i like the brown pants with these too. Also I have wanted to see an all white look for some time, and it sounds like we may get that as well.
I might be in the minority, but I’m hoping for a camo uniform again. I’d buy one for sure.
Not against camo in principle, but the last one looked disgusting - it was mostly gray (why did Football and men's Bball both have a gray phase)? Unfortunately the camo will probably always be associated with the DC Howdy Doody rant.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:53 am

I might be in the minority, but I’m hoping for a camo uniform again. I’d buy one for sure.
Not against camo in principle, but the last one looked disgusting - it was mostly gray (why did Football and men's Bball both have a gray phase)? Unfortunately the camo will probably always be associated with the DC Howdy Doody rant.
Agree that the grey wasn’t that great. Not sure the impetus for that color choice. I think some form of brown and gold camo could be pretty cool.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Since we're talking about uniforms, anybody know who made the 1987-96 unis for UW? Just curious.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:57 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:34 pm

You didn't have to say anything... but you did. :(
Greatest blunder in WYO history? Maybe.
:eek:
Apart from hiring Schroyer and Edwards...maybe. That and UW's response to the Black 14. But the prairie gold was right up there...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

I hate gray. Off topic, but Mark Branch and Wyoming wrestling is obsessed with gray. You'd think our school colors were gray/black if you just looked at the wrestling team singlets and gear.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm

I hate gray. Off topic, but Mark Branch and Wyoming wrestling is obsessed with gray. You'd think our school colors were gray/black if you just looked at the wrestling team singlets and gear.

I agree. Gold singlets with brown Steamboat stand out! What we wear makes no sense and wrestling routinely has the worst uniforms in the athletic department.

Note - I have really come around to the red/white/blue state flag look on occasion. A state flag singlet would be awesome!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:27 pm

I agree. Gold singlets with brown Steamboat stand out! What we wear makes no sense and wrestling routinely has the worst uniforms in the athletic department.

Note - I have really come around to the red/white/blue state flag look on occasion. A state flag singlet would be awesome!
That singlet is is sick. However, the best singlet in all of college sports is the white "championship" singlet.
I call them "championship singlets" because in high school you had two singlets, one regular and one white one you got to wear if you made it into a placing match. lol good times.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:00 am It seems like I'm in the minority, but I loved the Bohl era uniforms.
I agree. I just think we need either white or brown pants for away.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:27 pm

They did this

Also, the gold singlets are awesome, the new brown singlets they debuted towards the end of the season were all-time great singlets. Don't recall if they wore the gray/silver ones this year.
ImageImageImageImage
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Maybe I am in the minority, but these unis are truly awful. They look like some 3rd rate AAU basketball team design. I was hoping this was an April Fools joke. If it is real, what a poor way to roll them out too. Such a missed opportunity to build excitement. Instead we show them off on a piece of foam board? Makes no sense. They mine as well been prarie gold with how bad they are. Our current unis are so clean and classy. Great teams don't change their unis much and for good reason. Tradition means something. Sure, I can get behind a special one off alternate (that is designed well) or some alternative helmets, but these are bad. Really missed the mark on the design.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Names?

Still don’t understand why tweets aren’t embedding from Twitter app. Share>copy and then post it here. I’ve shared lots of tweets.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:20 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:02 pm

I hope it doesn't go to the extremes that DC's era did, but I'd be happy to see some updates. Just don't change the helmet!
I’m thinking we might see a first game ‘surprise’ to the players when they are handed uniforms with their names on the back.
I was wrong. Before even the spring game.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 pm Still don’t understand why tweets aren’t embedding from Twitter app. Share>copy and then post it here. I’ve shared lots of tweets.
I think the board software is designed so that if it sees "twitter.com" it'll embed correctly, but if it sees "x.com" it won't. I just went and changed the address you posted to twitter.com instead of x.com and it embedded correctly.
ImageImageImageImage
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Individualism is wrong at UW in football.....not a fan of last names on back of jersey.....WYO shoulda stayed with tradition
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

Watch the video. Sawvel seems to be really really loved. Hope it translates to a championship.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/tUTjjK ... tid=w8EBqM
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The interesting thing is how quick Sawvel seemed to change his mind.

https://7220sports.com/will-wyoming-foo ... n-jerseys/
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 pm Hope it translates to a championship.
This.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

I hope Sawvel is able to keep this level of excitement going into the season. The players really seem to love him. Usually that translates to playing harder and better buy-in.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:16 am I hope Sawvel is able to keep this level of excitement going into the season. The players really seem to love him. Usually that translates to playing harder and better buy-in.
The stage is certainly set. Another generational qb. Continuity. Adding to the uniforms. Player buy-in. A schedule pretty consistent with past years'. Looks to be a really good year; not really any excuses otherwise.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:56 pm
laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 pm Still don’t understand why tweets aren’t embedding from Twitter app. Share>copy and then post it here. I’ve shared lots of tweets.
I think the board software is designed so that if it sees "twitter.com" it'll embed correctly, but if it sees "x.com" it won't. I just went and changed the address you posted to twitter.com instead of x.com and it embedded correctly.
cool. Thanks.
W-Y, Until I Die!