24-25 Roster

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

ZapPoke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 pm They are no longer student athletes. They are minor league professionals who just happen to be sponsored by a college.
Yep.

And does that mean they can be treated as such?

Meaning, we can forget about having to always be nice (never bash, especially on social media or on message boards) the underperforming duds that were formerly "just kids, earning a degree" and now are just chasing the dollar? LMAO!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 118 times

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

We've got one freshman recruit left. It's gonna be a rough year.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:19 am We've got one freshman recruit left. It's gonna be a rough year.
Very. Although, looking at the most recent to bail, not sure that is the caliber of player that Sundance wants, nor what Wyoming wants. Just looking at the offers he had, it would appear he is more suited to D2, or D3.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 247 times

We basically will have Green Bay’s staff. I was hoping DeWeese might stick around but that does not look to be the case.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:15 am We basically will have Green Bay’s staff. I was hoping DeWeese might stick around but that does not look to be the case.
I was hoping he would be retained as well - maybe he and Sundance didn't jive when here together.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:18 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:15 am We basically will have Green Bay’s staff. I was hoping DeWeese might stick around but that does not look to be the case.
I was hoping he would be retained as well - maybe he and Sundance didn't jive when here together.
That and I’m also wondering if Linder didn’t line something up at Texas Tech for DeWeese.

Linder’s timing can’t be overstated. He f***ed us so hard for next year. Retaining DeWeese probably would have allowed us to field a team next year but I don’t know how we get there now. I suspect we sign a couple players from Green Bay but that’s unlikely to move the needle enough. We could have one of the worst rosters in all of D1 next season so hopefully folks don’t have big expectations for year 1 given the timing.
doreno5
Cowpoke
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

ZapPoke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 pm They are no longer student athletes. They are minor league professionals who just happen to be sponsored by a college.
I wonder how long it will be before there are some schools specifically designated as farm clubs for a professional team.
doreno5
Cowpoke

doreno5 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 pm
I wonder how long it will be before there are some schools specifically designated as farm clubs for a professional team.

Heck it seems like half of the NFL Eagles defense is from Georgia already.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 60 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 am

That and I’m also wondering if Linder didn’t line something up at Texas Tech for DeWeese.

Linder’s timing can’t be overstated. He f***ed us so hard for next year. Retaining DeWeese probably would have allowed us to field a team next year but I don’t know how we get there now. I suspect we sign a couple players from Green Bay but that’s unlikely to move the needle enough. We could have one of the worst rosters in all of D1 next season so hopefully folks don’t have big expectations for year 1 given the timing.
Linder was basically a replacement for Dave Smart at Texas Tech. Smart left Texas Tech when he accepted the head coaching job at University of the Pacific on March 27, 2024. When McCasland first made contact with Linder as a potential replacement is not known. When Burman was brought into the loop, if ever, I have no idea. The fact that UW never released a statement regarding Linder's resignation and that Linder never released a statement of his own about him leaving tells me there was probably a contentious split between Linder and UW. We will probably never find out the true story.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Linder was basically a replacement for Dave Smart at Texas Tech. Smart left Texas Tech when he accepted the head coaching job at University of the Pacific on March 27, 2024. When McCasland first made contact with Linder as a potential replacement is not known. When Burman was brought into the loop, if ever, I have no idea. The fact that UW never released a statement regarding Linder's resignation and that Linder never released a statement of his own about him leaving tells me there was probably a contentious split between Linder and UW. We will probably never find out the true story.
Linder released a statement. Pretty vague.

https://x.com/jefflinder/status/1789848059565805759

But I agree with you that the University’s silence says a lot about what they felt about Linder’s actions.
doreno5
Cowpoke

Just read about Dave Smart. Really an impressive coach. Watch out for Pacific to get good. Not a team I would want to schedule for an out of conference game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

Do you even give out scholarships at this point? I can't imagine the portal or unsigned hs kids are deep with talent. I mean you have to field a team but you also know any scholarship you give out now is likely wasted. Maybe anyone with only 1 year eligibility? Tough spot.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

It is lining up to be a real shitshow next year. So, question specifically for you - now that Linder is gone, are you renewing your tickets? :shock:
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm

But I agree with you that the University’s silence says a lot about what they felt about Linder’s actions.
On X none the less. Hilarious.
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm

Without a Yellowstone meme?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 pm
McPeachy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:36 pm

Without a Yellowstone meme?
Ya, very true - what a doucher. I wonder what meme he will adopt at Tech? Prairie dog town? Tornadoes & Dust Storms? Syphilis? Tumbleweeds?
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:34 pm

It is lining up to be a real shitshow next year. So, question specifically for you - now that Linder is gone, are you renewing your tickets? :shock:
Yes we are!!! Fully support Sundance Wicks and the energy and positivity he brings. I know the actual games next year aren’t likely to produce favorable results but I know we won’t see a coach on the sidelines with arms folded and a constant scowl.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:29 pm Do you even give out scholarships at this point? I can't imagine the portal or unsigned hs kids are deep with talent. I mean you have to field a team but you also know any scholarship you give out now is likely wasted. Maybe anyone with only 1 year eligibility? Tough spot.
I think you look for a few D2 seniors graduating this spring or summer with a year of eligibility left. They can still transfer outside of the portal period as a ‘graduate transfer.’ Maybe they can convince Agbim to reconsider and a few other RMAC players.

I agree with you here. It wouldn’t be wise to waste schollies on players for multiple years without MWC level talent.