We are a zoo

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
powellpoke
Buckaroo

Hey everyone
I just found out about this site. I've been a long time GWG'er, but I only have a couple of posts over there. But I read that site religiously for years and found the information from other posters very good. I will still go over there, but I'm glad there is another outlet for Wyo sports.
With that said, we are an absolute zoo on the football field. Who in the hell, in D1 football, uses one QB on first down, another on second down, and back to the other one for third down???? Unreal. We used four quarterbacks on purpose today. If that is not a sign of a team that is in complete disarray, I don't know what is. And either the qb's are about as accurate as a bad HS qb, or the timing with them and the WR's is completely off. They had the spring and fall practices to get a little timing down. Throw in the summer and 4 games into the season, I can't believe we are that far off. The qb's were throwing balls to completely different locations. But when they were on, the wr's dropped a lot of balls. That was just crazy frustrating to watch today.
I love Joe Glenn. Always have. I think he is great for UW and the state as a whole. My wife runs a place that works with special needs adults. A few years ago, Joe brought a bunch of athletes to her place in Cody and spent a couple of hours there. The way he treated everyone was amazing. Those people still talk about Joe Glenn and the football players he brought there. But the first priority is to win football games. Or to at least not put on a FEMA disaster site onto the field on Saturday afternoons. He has lost this team. Something is very wrong, and maybe no one will ever figure out exactly what it is. But we need to make a change. and I hope Burman does it asap after the season so the new HC can still get in on recruiting as much as possible. And I don't give a crap if we hire a young up and comer that everyone knows will only be there for a few years. It would be nice to be in the position again where other schools covet our coaches.
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
skiwyoming
Buckaroo

I agree - used to read gowyogo - but limiting free speech doesn't work well - especially for a smaller fan base University like ours - even further compounded when we are having a bad season.

Go wyonation - screw Ian McMackin's decision to try to eliminate full discussion.

On to Glenn - he was great for a while but at this point it is clear that a Div I-AA team can't compete at Div I. He is a great coach for Montana or if we drop down, but not for the MWC. I do hope that we get a coach that runs a spread offense. (yeah the divisions have different names)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Steve Spurrier used to use many QBs.. but his QBs were good. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
powellpoke
Buckaroo

I guess I don't understand a lot of people's angst towards Ian at GWG. I spent years reading that board and I feel like I almost 'know' some of those posters. It was free for years. You can still read it you just can't post without being a member. I'm not trying to take sides here, but a guy like Ian that is willing to take God knows how many hours out of his life to maintain a board that is free for years deserves a beer or two. Now that he is fed up with some of the stuff over there because of a few bad posters, a lot of people are throwing him under the bus. For him to do what he did for years means he is a legit Poke fan. I'm sure that having a bad football team right now has a lot of people stressed out and thats why some of this is going on. But I guess I don't harbor any ill will towards him or 99% of the people over there. I guess here is a question for a lot of people on both boards. If you were in the stands at BYU, CSU, or anywhere else, and all wearing brown and gold, would you not cheer and scream with the dude standing next to you just because you found out he was 'Ian' or any other poster that utilized the other board? F no.

And why do people keep bringing up the issue of dropping down to D1aa? That drives me absolutely nuts. So do you honestly think if we dropped down, we'd just be right at the top of the heap. Maybe for a year or two. If all of our current athletes didn't bail out and go to other D1 schools. Or do you think the current amounts of money wouldn't dry up? Or the support? Or the exposure? (say what you will about our exposure) Or the biggest issue of all-what it would do to our student recruitment and research funding. I guess that is just a real big pet peeve of mine-dropping down to D1aa. Why even talk about it? Makes us look bush league. We are in a down cycle right now. Granted, it's been going on since Koenning got in there, but still. We'll be back people. Not a reason to talk about dropping down to D1aa.
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

If anyone's dropping to FCS it's Idaho and Utah State.
ImageImageImageImage