Did Joe Glenn Lose His Job Last Saturday?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

Did Joe Glenn Lose His Job Last Saturday?

Yes
69%
No
4%
Too Early to Tell
27%

Total votes: 26
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

My original take was "Yes, he lost his job." The silliness of rotating QB's like they did just pointed out the desperation that the coaching staff feels. Which means they've been given a hint that they're going away.

Today, I'm more along the lines of "hey, they can make anything happen the next few weeks."
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I think he lost it at the AFA game. If we had even a mediorce offense, we would be sitting a 4-1 right now.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I honestly don't believe Burman has made a final decision yet. We have been deploreable to this point, but there are still 7 games left and until we are mathetically guarenteed to finish below .500 I don't think Burman will make a decision. Just my opinion though.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Glenn is #5 on the list...hard to argue with the opinions by the author on this one

http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

I agree with COS on this one. It was pretty easy to determine where this offense was headed after fall camp and through the first 2 games. I find it unfortunate that Glenn has lost all composure and resorted to what we all witnessed this last weekend. Even with all the spin by the players, you can still sense the divisiveness on this team. I know if I were playing defense on this team, I would be totally pissed off about the week-in week-out performances of this offense...and resentful. Although, I probably would say anything public about it either. I suppose we can all hope for something miraculous to happen and this team rips off a string of 6 wins...it will take a miracle for this team to win 2 of their remaining games the way things stand now.

@ New Mexico--Two teams that are without a QB fighting for the cellar. Give NM the edge (home team).
Utah --See BYU two weeks ago.
@ TCU --There is no way we move the ball against that D.
SDSU --We might actually be favored for this one. Count as first of the 2 above miracles.
@ Tenn --Hopefully we don't have a bunch of guys get hurt for this one.
@ UNLV --Not going to be the high scoring affair of years past. ...for us anyway...
Lammies --I am hoping that this game is the second of the miracles...

Before you guys get on me for the gloom and doom, know that I will continue to support and spend money watching/listening to the Pokes for the rest of this season. I honestly hope that Joe gets things figured out soon and this team awakens from it's offensive coma, but I just don't see that big of a turnaround possible.
wyskippy
Buckaroo

Looking at the schedule, I don't see Joe keeping his job. Likely two more blowout losses, but hopefully some wins in there also. The team is nearly unwatchable. In person they are so bad I find myself in the parking lot very often. On tv they don't look nearly as bad and BG looked very good on TV once I got home and watched it. I also though WY uniforms Sat looked bad in person but good on TV.

Joe, win one for the Gipper at NM and maybe you'll have a chance until the next game. Who in their right mind would schedule Utah for the homecoming game? Seriously!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Joe lost it after the AFA game. I think the ONLY way Joe keeps his job is if the day after the last game of the season he announces the entire offensive staff is gone and he announces a big name as the new OC who's bringing in a top-notch new staff. Bringing in another Bob from po diddly tech who's never run a decent offense is not going to cut it. I'd love to see Joe do this but I can't see it happening.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Joe lost it after the AFA game. I think the ONLY way Joe keeps his job is if the day after the last game of the season he announces the entire offensive staff is gone and he announces a big name as the new OC who's bringing in a top-notch new staff. Bringing in another Bob from po diddly tech who's never run a decent offense is not going to cut it. I'd love to see Joe do this but I can't see it happening.
Look I think Joe is a great guy and I hate that I feel obligated at this point to think we have to make a change. My question is, if a change needs to be made do we really think that bringing in a new staff with the same head man really fix things? No one was suggestiong this under Vics era, I doubt many other schools fans would be making suggestions like this. Like I said I think Joe Glenn is a great guy and a great guy for Wyoming but if we aren't getting it done on the field I think we have to pull the plug on him as head coach, we can't just hope that if he swaps out more parts things will work. Plus what kind of staff can a lame duck coach really hope to assemble? IMO - We either stick with him or we don't, as of right now I think it has to be the latter baring a miraculous ending to the season starting this week at NM!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Snowman_55 wrote:Glenn is #5 on the list...hard to argue with the opinions by the author on this one

http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/

I don't know if there should be a ranking for things like this...because as I see it, one may have "higher odds" of losing his position than another...depending.

That being said, Kirk Ferentz, Tommy Bowden, and maybe Phil Fulmer, all of whom are in the top 10, could coach my Wyoming Cowboys anyday. Think about it...would you all take a Tommy Bowden as HC here at UW?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
brocksamson
Buckaroo

Because it looked like he made a mistake that led to a turnover that led to some points being scored for the BG fighting birds. Did Wynel then get all the reps utnil he made a mistake? I don't know, maybe that was Karsten's fault for not putting the ball right in his gut. Wait, K contined to play in the game as well. What was our HC's ultimatum again? I'm so confused.

D-Mo's fumble came on the exact same play we ran last year against New Mexico inside our own 5, with the exact same result. This broken record is getting gross.

This is ridiculous, the debate is over for me. However, I too believe the writing was on the wall after that AF debacle.

At least we'll have the moolah from the extra 10K or so more season tix we will sell next year to ease the pain of JG's buyout.
All I know is, if he ain't back in 10 minutes, we calling Dominoes.
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

I remember talking to a friend of mine 3 years ago who played for Joe for 4 and he told me the first couple years at WYO the players would have run through a wall for him. We then discussed that it seemed the team had quit on their coach after Corey's 7 turnover performance, which i could tell he didn't like admitting. It seems every year they come out of the gate hot and then the rah rah cheerleader crap wears off and they realize they are playing for a coach who really can't. I sit hear and watch every game and can't help but wonder if his luster just wears off to the players after a few games every year. Maybe they just aren't learning what they need to learn and are going off pure emotion and determination until it just catches up with them...which it apparently has.
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Glenn is #5 at coacheshotseat.com. I kinda chuckled when I saw the pitcures. They show the pictures of the 10 coaches most likely to lose their jobs. All the other coaches are coaching in some way and Glenn is smiling and waving at the crowd.