Is everyone officially done with drinking the Kool-aide?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
scottishboywy
Buckaroo

I will admit that I was a huge Joe Glenn fan up to last year. But after seeing no improvement from this offense, I am officially done with Glenn. He fired an Offensive coordinator that was sub-par and brought in the worst offensive scheme in Wyoming History.

The childish decision to bench a player who turned over the ball, was a pathetic attempt at fixing an overall problem. We got out coached and out played this Saturday.

I can't believe we are this bad? After the 2004 Las Vegas Bowl, Wyoming finally looked like the future was bright. Now we are pathetic, horrible. It is a bad Monday in Cowboy nation.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I think the answer to that question is no. I personally think Joe Glenn is a great guy but the results just aren't there, if we aren't 6-6 or better with an offense that has come to life by the end of the season I don't see how we can continue with him. However for some goofy reason there is at least a small percentage of the state that thinks because he is a good guy that its ok to have a mediocre at best (the sad thing is we will have to bust ass to be mediocre this year now) football team. I do feel horrible for him because he was exactly what the state needed when Vic was fired, and it looked like things were going the right way, but at the moment we are back to a losing football team and I think to change that mentality we might have to shake things up starting with a new coach. I hope somehow I am proven wrong and things click and we have winning seasons for the next 10 years under Glenn, but I am just not seeing that right now.
Last edited by Snowman_55 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

For Joe to save his job, he would have to fire the entire offensive/special team coaching staff and bring in some people that have shown they can get the job done instead of "people he's worked with". Joe is too nice of a guy for this to happen...unfortunately.
wyskippy
Buckaroo

I am completely done drinking the Kool Aid. Saturday it was Bloddy Mary, then beer, wine and more beer. Lucky homecoming is the next game it is a great excuse for the hard stuff.

You are right Joe Glenn is too good of a guy for this to happen to, however he brought it all on himself and he knows it better than anyone. As much as fans complain about him hot wearing a headseat, maybe he should put one on that runs Lavell Edwards loops over and over on how to run an offense.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

wyskippy wrote:I am completely done drinking the Kool Aid. Saturday it was Bloddy Mary, then beer, wine and more beer. Lucky homecoming is the next game it is a great excuse for the hard stuff.

You are right Joe Glenn is too good of a guy for this to happen to, however he brought it all on himself and he knows it better than anyone. As much as fans complain about him hot wearing a headseat, maybe he should put one on that runs Lavell Edwards loops over and over on how to run an offense.
I don't care how bad we are, I never want one of our coach's to take their cues from Lavell Edwards or any Yner coach! There are plenty of better coaches he could take his cues from. He could feel free to take his cues from Paul Roach's offense though!
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I was getting my haircut downtown at the barber shop the other day and guess who sitting there getting his hair cut as I'm waiting to go next? Yep: Joe Glenn. I can't say enough about what a nice guy Joe is. He is just a naturally positive guy and I'm not gonna hold that against him.

But I do have to hold his record against him. I didn't want to be rude and bring up anything "questionable" as I didn't feel it was my place. After talking to him I do like his confidence but unfortunately I don't think he has the personal around him to produce wins. Like I said before, give me an asshole who wins as compared to a nice guy who loses. I have been coached by both and while I don't enjoy getting spit on my face because I'm being yelled at so loudly, I can appreciate a coach who can make us win as a team.

I could tell from the first practice to the first scrimmage things just weren't gonna be pretty this year. We have to practice UNTIL we get it right.
I'm good for 3!