Job saving scenario?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

I was thinking about what would be the minimum it would take for Joe to save his job. Would it be possible for him to make an argument if (BIG IF!) the decision to run with Karsten pays off to the point of marked improvement in the offensive production but fall short of a .500 record? I see that as giving us wins over UNLV, SDSU, and the Lammies. I don't see a big enough turn around to win the NM game, but a decent offensive outing would reinforce what I see could happening...

What'cha guys think?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

As sad as it is...

The UW football team showed us all something last week. They are...well...not good. And even though I still hold out hope, logic tells me there is no way. I hate it, but I think that is what will happen.

I mean, really, for our two wins, we beat a poor Ohio team by 1, and a mediocre D2 NDSU team by 3...both of which where the outcome was determined in the last minute of the game. And then, when we play somebody decent (Bowling Green & AFA), we get smoked...let alone when we play somebody good like bWHYu...when we get destroyed.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Frankly, I think the only thing that would save his job now would be to announce that he is firing the entire offensive staff and bringing in somebody proven and well known. (Why this proven and well known coach wouldn't want to run the whole show himself is a mystery, but you never know)
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I'm not sure anything less than 6-6 should keep Joe around unless that meant a 5-7 record which includes an ass whooping of SDSU, beating UNLV, and the Sheep, and playing close with TCU, Utah, and Tennessee. In my opinion even that isn't good enough. But if we are really good enough to get to 5-7 we should be good enough to beat NM this week and get to 6-6 and then I think it would become a toss up of whether he stays or goes.

And McPeachy I respect your opinion but I tend to disagree, I don't think we are as bad as you think. One no football team can look good very often let alone win turning the ball over 5 times a game. Granted that's part of who we are at the moment, but theoretically that's a fixable problem and it doesn't have anything to do with talent. Granted I am talking in hypotheticals at this point but with Sween in there we did move the ball well (in fact all the QB's had drives where they were moving the ball until costly turnovers). If we can minimize the turnovers I don't see why we can't get to 6-6. Maybe its jsut a pipe dream, but as frustated and ticked off as I am on Saturday's looking at this team I see enough pieces to at least salvage the season if they just hold onto the ball and get a little confindence.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
GreybullPoke
Buckaroo

I am a little suprised how many feel Sween will save the season. He proved to me last year that he is very turn over prone. He played the whole season (except for a few reps where Ian didn't produce right away)and couldn't win the games we needed to. Our offense was not productive at all under him last year. You might say that it happened under cockhill who wasn't a good coach. What makes you think Cole is better than cockhill. He hasn't proven anything about his coaching abilities. All of the QB's have come out in a game and done nothing. You might say Sween had a couple of good drives against BG...well so did crum against BYU until the turn overs started. Last week it was all about how good we looked in the first Quarter. Turn overs are just the start of our problems. Our O line is not as good as advertised, infact they cannot pass block well enough to allow our Qb time to pick targets, they end up throwing to not get sacked. Our Receivers are terrible. Catch the dang ball!
I guess what I am trying to say is that would be great if there was a turn around this season, but it isn't going to happen under Glenn. Right now, 4 more wins would be near impossible to achieve. We are a bad football team who is not improving week to week (like other successful teams) we are getting worse.