Rumorville...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Heard a rumor that was talked around campus, don't have any facts to base it on, but I heard whispers. Joe will NOT be fired before the end of the year ONLY because not a single asst would take the interem job. Faithful followers. So as I have heard, it will be a, I'm afraid, a very long, slow, year of football at UW. Again, no facts to base it on, just talk.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

7220Fan wrote:Heard a rumor that was talked around campus, don't have any facts to base it on, but I heard whispers. Joe will NOT be fired before the end of the year ONLY because not a single asst would take the interem job. Faithful followers. So as I have heard, it will be a, I'm afraid, a very long, slow, year of football at UW. Again, no facts to base it on, just talk.
It makes sense. It would suicide if we changed coaches DURING the season.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I've heard rumors like that too, but I am not sure I completely buy that. Each assistant has a contract and if Glenn was fired he would have to be bought out, however if the coaches wouldn't continue with their duties they would be in breach of contract and would be owed nothing. These guys have families to think about, plus I don't think Glenn would let them be that loyal if push came to shove. The bigger issue is I am not sure it does any good to fire Glenn before then anyway. Any decent coach already has a job through the end of the season anyway so if Burman really wanted to make a change and wanted to make the position available it would make more sense to come out and say that Joe Glenn will coach out the rest of this year but will not be retained after that.

Truthfully - I don't think Burman has made a decision yet which is why IMO these rumors are weightless at this point.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I had heard the same...from a fairly reliable person. A rumor is just that though, a rumor. Sometimes it can be a good thing, most of the time though, not. Even if I heard it from the horses mouth, it would still be construed as a rumor if I repeated it! I learned that from the "rumor" message board. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

In an article in the Denver Post today, Burman said Glenn would not be evaluated until the end of the season. This is much in line with how he dealt with McClain.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_10594512