Sween named starter for NM game...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Just got a call from a friend...looking for the link, he said CST reporting it. Anyone?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
happycamper
Buckaroo

Yeah, but will 3 other Qbs throw an interception each to lose him the game?
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I haven't heard anything yet, but that seems like the logical decision after last week. Plus Glenn said in his post game interview that they wouldn't play musical QB's again so it would appear that Sween will at least get a shot. Maybe the results will be the same, but 2 years ago I remember seeing a QB that looked like he had what it took to win at this level. I saw signs of that guy again last Saturday, maybe he is coming back after being run through the Cockhill mental breakdown machine.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Now if the line blocks and the receivers get separation and we hang on to the ball and...
There's still hope damn it, I hate not being an optimist.

Go Pokes!!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
shosho71
Buckaroo

Yea this last weekend it was pretty obvious it was more than a qb issue. Watching sween throw 2 passes which were actually in the numbers being dropped was pretty depressing.....your a div. I reciever that shouldn't happen one bit not as much as it did this last weekend....you'd expect that from an NAIA school.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

That is what I am hearing also, Karsten to start. We will see how long clueless Joe leaves him in.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Well he did lead both scoring drives on saturday...

kinda an obvious move.

btw, as i've said before on this board..Adam Barry will be ''the guy'' next year against texas regardless of who's coaching our team.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

It might be Barry as long as he is still here. Sitting on the sidelines and watching that farce on Saturday might make him decide to get out while the getting is good. Hope we can keep him thru the next regime, but would not rule out a transfer for him.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyolie Coyote wrote:It might be Barry as long as he is still here. Sitting on the sidelines and watching that farce on Saturday might make him decide to get out while the getting is good. Hope we can keep him thru the next regime, but would not rule out a transfer for him.
Then again, he may be excited for a change...if a change happens. The whole team may...
Dear Karma,

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

A change would excite the fanbase also. Hope Barry likes the program and campus regardless of the head coach.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

hahaha

absolutely no worries. I'm know both karsten and adam. I've asked adam if he would leave and he laughed that I even asked. He said "I'm not that kind of guy...to transfer". He's a stand-up guy and I have no worries. Why would he? He knows he's the best qb. I've heard it straight from guys like knapton, fletcher, and unrein...they've all said he's the best qb we have. Hands DOWN. You guys have probably heard that he has the biggest arm on the team...which he does, considering he broke a reciever's hand in fall camp, from the velocity of the ball. Thats great news for the windy state of wyoming. He is also the most mobile..and accurate on the run. Some of the guys said its like your watching tim tebow when he scrambles..except he puts the hits on the defenders.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

dapokes...thanks for the info. That is great news...and exciting for the future of Cowboy Football. Now, if everything else can just fall in place...
Dear Karma,

WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Since we are talking about the New Mexico game here, this is a quote from New Mexico coach Rocky Long:

(on facing running backs with two different styles):
"I think the real advantage both teams have is that they (running backs) compliment each other so well. You have to be real physical and solid at the point of attack when the big guy is running, then you have to be able to bounce around and catch the little guy. As a defensive player, you have to have a different mentality depending on which running back is in there. You have to decide how solid you're going to come to the line of scrimmage, how light on the feet you're going to be, how strong you're going to plant your feet into the ground to make a tackle. If you plant your feet against (UNM senior) Paul Baker and their quick, little, fast running back (Devin Moore) and all you get is air. You don't plant your feet on (UNM senior) Rodney (Ferguson) or their other big, strong running back (Wynel Seldon) and they run right over the top of you. The scheme will be the same, but the mentality has got to be different from the defensive perspective."

After reading an article like this, I'm just wondering why we aren't using more sets with both Moore and Seldon in the backfield at the same time.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

I don't worry so much about D-Mo and Seldon not being on the field at the same time. I would prefer that one is staying fresh on the sideline instead of blocking for the other one. I would like to see more Wynel early in games though...wear down that defense and then let D-Mo gash them for big yards all second half long.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

dapokes wrote:
I've heard it straight from guys like knapton, fletcher, and unrein...they've all said he's the best qb we have. Hands DOWN. You guys have probably heard that he has the biggest arm on the team...which he does, considering he broke a reciever's hand in fall camp, from the velocity of the ball. like your watching .
Doesn't do much good though, if you don't have any receivers that can catch a ball thrown right to them, does it?