I wish we had our 87-88 teams this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

kahunapoke wrote:Teaches at the Cathedral Home.

Well welcome back Kahuna. Are you slumming on this board or tired of the "non" discussion on the other one?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

kahunapoke wrote:Teaches at the Cathedral Home.
That is awesome...says alot about Scott. A free pass to Heaven IMO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

The 1996 team would be nice this year as well. Lost conf champ game in Las Vegas to BYU (who went on to win Cotton Bowl, finish 6th in NCAA) mainly because Tiller (in his final UW game) took intentional safety (backed up to our goalline with 4th and long and good BYU return guy) up by 5 with a couple minutes to go in the game. Hindsight is 20-20, but I was yelling as soon as it happened. If we were up by 6 if would have been a great choice, but our D gave up yards not TDs that year. The intentional safety made it easier for BYU to tie the game, and eventually win in OT. I am a Tiller fan but hated that call. I believe we lost 2 games that year by a total of 3 pts in regulation and didn't go to a bowl game. Still bitter about that.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Post 1970, I'd say the 1996 team was the most complete. That team went to OT against the #5 team in the nation and would have won had Tiller not been dreaming of Purdue at that moment. That team had a better defense and offense than the 1988 team.....but man would I LOVE to see the current D with any of Tiller's or Roaches offenses. Even Dismal's wacky offense would be refreshing right now.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams