Absolutely disgusting.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyovanian wrote:
laxwyo wrote:It's ok to be upset about defensive play in the 4th quarter, but we should all calm down because we can't do anything about it. Defense scored a TD and gave good field position. I thought the offense was rolling in the 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th. We then got scared and stop doing what we had been doing. The 4th downs killed us because we don't have a kicking game. We will lose games this year because we don't have a solid FG kicker. We should be able to get points every time we are inside the 30. It will bite us soon.
I've always said we should only recruit kickers from sea level, and keep them there practicing until the day before the first game. Watch how much fun Nebraska's kicking unit has in pre-game. Those lowlanders have a blast drilling the uprights from sixty and seventy yards.
I completely agree. Heck, even grab a couple of sea-level soccer players.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

What a great game. I won 500.00 Wyo 10 1/2 and the over 55 1/2
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Sullivan will be a solid kicker...but the coaches and him need more confidence in him. Was't that his first FG attempt in college? Hell, Smith fumbled his first try in a game, too...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Sullivan will be a solid kicker...but the coaches and him need more confidence in him. Was't that his first FG attempt in college? Hell, Smith fumbled his first try in a game, too...
2nd.
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

gopokes1399 wrote:I just dont get how people can complain with a W on the road! we won thats that!
AMEN brotha!!!!! :D :D

But I gotta say, the pass defense needs to figure something out.
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

AlphaPoke wrote:But I gotta say, the pass defense needs to figure something out.
Something needs fixed.

The had quick hitters over the middle of the field? You would think our LB's would be able to sit on those a bit more when we know they are passing. Like the last two drives.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Overall I was happy with the game until they put up 13 points in 7 mins at will. The awful defense in the 4th nearly cost us the game we should have won 35-14.

Yes I'm happy we won but I wish the game would have been played to the end instead of the end of the 3rd quarter.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote: UNLV, CSU, and New Mexico are better than Bowling Green?
UNM, I'm not sure. The others? Quite possibly. It was a MAC school after all. And one that is expected to be average at best this year.
I think UNLV and CSU are certainly better than Bowling Green. UNM just seems to be in a death spiral. Let's face it Bowling Green only won 2 games last season in a much weaker conference. The MWC lower teams beat the MAC bowl teams.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
laxwyo wrote:It's ok to be upset about defensive play in the 4th quarter, but we should all calm down because we can't do anything about it. Defense scored a TD and gave good field position. I thought the offense was rolling in the 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th. We then got scared and stop doing what we had been doing. The 4th downs killed us because we don't have a kicking game. We will lose games this year because we don't have a solid FG kicker. We should be able to get points every time we are inside the 30. It will bite us soon.
I've always said we should only recruit kickers from sea level, and keep them there practicing until the day before the first game. Watch how much fun Nebraska's kicking unit has in pre-game. Those lowlanders have a blast drilling the uprights from sixty and seventy yards.
I completely agree. Heck, even grab a couple of sea-level soccer players.
Sullivan is a sea level soccer player. As was Watts and Scott before him. Sullivan will be okay it wasn't that he didn't reach the goal posts, he just missed. I was wondering about his short kick offs though. Are they by design as (I think) Scott's were two seasons ago? If so, I don't know if I like the short kicks in hope for no return or a potential turn over. We need our opponents to start their drives as far away from the end zone as possible!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Sullivan will be a solid kicker...but the coaches and him need more confidence in him. Was't that his first FG attempt in college? Hell, Smith fumbled his first try in a game, too...

I recorded the game, and I need to go back and look at that FG kick again because I thought I saw the holder move the ball about 2 or 3 inches closer to him just as Sullivan was about to kick it. If that is true, then that is the reason he missed it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:

I recorded the game, and I need to go back and look at that FG kick again because I thought I saw the holder move the ball about 2 or 3 inches closer to him just as Sullivan was about to kick it. If that is true, then that is the reason he missed it.

There might be something there. If I remember right after the play Sullivan was talking to the holder about something as they were walking off the field.
StickNnod
Buckaroo

Cuttslam wrote:What a great game. I won 500.00 Wyo 10 1/2 and the over 55 1/2
i'm not great at math, but i think 28+27=55 under
cowboyz
Cowpoke

StickNnod wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:What a great game. I won 500.00 Wyo 10 1/2 and the over 55 1/2
i'm not great at math, but i think 28+27=55 under
We do things a little differently here in Wyoming. The over was 10 1/2 and the Wyo was getting 55 1/2 points. So we easily covered the over and since we won outright we didn't need the 55 1/2 points. Ergo, the man is $500 richer. Try and keep up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

I think vegas fixed the game. instead of us scoring 7, they made BG score 14 putting it close to the number. Eery how that ends up eh?
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

And we have a spambot, ladies and gents.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 117 times

fromolwyoming wrote:And we have a spambot, ladies and gents.
You know the board has made it big when the spambots deem us worthy of their poop! :grenade:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

23handicap wrote:
Cowduck wrote:What the hell is wrong with our secondary? Anybody who watched the game care to share your thoughts?
The problem...Tashan Gipson!
I think he's lost with out his brother and Prosinski
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:
23handicap wrote:
Cowduck wrote:What the hell is wrong with our secondary? Anybody who watched the game care to share your thoughts?
The problem...Tashan Gipson!
I think he's lost with out his brother and Prosinski
and shamwow
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'