What's in the news today? -- 08 Oct 2008

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 14 times

Nothing has come easy for UW's offense this season (WTE)

Utes up next for ‘Pokes (LB)
“These are different guys, different teams, different chemistry and a different year,” Glenn said on Tuesday. “I heard somebody ask (UW defensive tackle) John Fletcher yesterday about what happened last year, and he said he ‘didn’t think that was something our coaches would do.’ Our guys aren’t going to go out there and play harder because of something that happened a year ago.” :wtf:

'Mental mistakes' plague Cowboys' defense (CST)
GreybullPoke
Buckaroo

"I'm leaving it up to (first-year offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Bob Cole)," Glenn said. "I've been in (the meetings) with him, and they are searching high and low to try to find ways to see if there isn't an area where we can scratch a little bit if it itches."

Wow, to me that is very telling about what kind of coach Glenn is. We are the worst we have ever been and his solution is to leave it completly up to Cole. If you were about to lose your job, would you let that happen? I think this is the story of his whole carear here at UW. I don't think he has ever been involved with actual coaching. He has just left everything up to his assistants. I guess if things are going good that would be ok, but things haven't gone good for the last 4 years. (at least not in my mind).