Boise given permission to make move [Murphy]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Maybe if it was the Big 12-2-1+1 or whatever the hell they are now, but the Least? Sorry, Wyokie, I have no interest in that poop. At least the Big 12 will be around for 6 years minimum.
If it happens (& it will), you'll be changing your tune fast. We might wantta thank SDSU's kicker for saving our football program.
No way.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I'll catch some hell for this, but the only time I would consider moving conferences ok is if Colorado State comes with us. If wyo and csu were to go, well, i'd still be pissed but not to the point I'd quit watching cfb all together. The way things are going, I might just quit watching the tv games anyways.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

Wyokie wrote:If it happens (& it will), you'll be changing your tune fast. We might wantta thank SDSU's kicker for saving our football program.
Okie. There is no way in HELL...UW will be a part of that mess.

Reasons:

1. We suck athletically, football most of all, for 12 years +
2. Our athletic administration doesn't know how to work hard, and doesn't want to
3. Our state has "little guy mediocrity is good" syndome
4. We belong out west. With western teams. With western rivalries

Etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

McPeach I think the biggest reason is that we are the smallest state in the country population wise and as such, don't bring any real TV market to the table. That is the beginning and end of it. Even if we were good in football I dont think it would really matter. Plus there is no way such a move would ever be approved by the trustees/Gov if it ended the rivalry with csu. Unlike other schools, I dont think we would be willing to throw away 100 years of tradition for a paycheck, especially one as uncertain and shaky as a big east deal.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

cheypoke wrote:McPeach I think the biggest reason is that we are the smallest state in the country population wise and as such, don't bring any real TV market to the table. That is the beginning and end of it. Even if we were good in football I dont think it would really matter. Plus there is no way such a move would ever be approved by the trustees/Gov if it ended the rivalry with csu. Unlike other schools, I dont think we would be willing to throw away 100 years of tradition for a paycheck, especially one as uncertain and shaky as a big east deal.
Yeah. As much as we hate the Sheep, we are tied to them in many aspects, geographically and historically being the top 2.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

cheypoke wrote:McPeach I think the biggest reason is that we are the smallest state in the country population wise and as such, don't bring any real TV market to the table.
Although I do believe you have a valid point, if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle (I know, I know)...

If UW would have had the same success as Boise...on the football field...we are a natural to be adopted by the USA as a fan favorite. We are blue collar, tough, take no-poop people. And America loves that type of folk...especially when they are a winner, and especially when we pound the hell out of all those "better-offs." People eat that poop up.

Further, let's also remember, if we would have had the BALLS to go after it like Boise, UW's enrollment would be closer to 20K, than where it is now (13K). And growing.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...