Upcoming Season

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 51 times

The more I look at the upcoming season, the more excited I get. Ogirri and Ewing will make for a very solid backcourt. I believe this will be an upgrade to the Ewing/Brad Jones backcourt of the past few years. Dermody is also a solid player who who can score if given the chance. The player I'm most excited about is Djbril Thiam. I have a feeling he is going to develop into a huge player at UW. Look for him to exceed expectations this year. Even though he can only play half the season, don't count him out as the MWC newcomer of the year. I'm not sold on Mahamoud Diakite. From what I've seen, he would make a good role player/6th man when called upon. Both JD Luster and Boubca Sylla are nice pickups for the 09-10 season as well. I don't know a whole lot about Muojeke or AJ Davis. If one of those guys turns out to be a very good basketball player or if Linskens or Waddell significantly improved from last season, WATCH OUT. I don't see the Pokes finishing below 4th place in the conference. Any thoughts?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm feeling the same way (at least for now). If we play the defense that Schroyer wants the team to play, and we get solid, agressive play at the center position, I believe we can easily finish in the top 4. These are a lot of ifs, but I'm excited for this season.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I also believe we are an improved team over last year, talent wise & athletically. I don't know how that will translate, and with our weak-assed OOC schedule, don't know if we will really know until February.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I also believe we are an improved team over last year, talent wise & athletically. I don't know how that will translate, and with our weak-assed OOC schedule, don't know if we will really know until February.
It should translate into more wins given the weak OOC. Which, might provide more confidence going into the conference season. I think this team has the potential to be very good.