Wyoming vs Virginia Predictions Take 2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Alright lets try this gain, only predictions fans, don't make this into a smack thread

Alright I've been paying lots of attention to UVA, and of course UW, I think the below will occur, I expect UW to come out well but finish with a loss

My Full prediction for this Saturday.

1st
Wyoming- 3 yard run TD, Wynel Seldon UW 7-0
Virginia- FG, Chris Hinkebein UW 7-3

2nd
Virginia- 7 yard run TD, Jameel Sewell UVA 10-7

3rd
Virginia- 21 yard TD Pass, Jameel Sewell to Maurice Covington UVA 17-7
Wyoming- 41 yard TD pass, Karsten Sween to Michael Ford UVA 17-14

4th
Wyoming- 15 yard INT TD return, Stinson Dean UW 21-17
Virginia- 102 yard kick return TD, Cedic Peerman UVA 24-21

Virginia 24
Wyoming 21
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

That would be an incredible game, especially considering that Stinson Dean comes back for one game and gets an interception return for a touchdown. :lol: Pretty good for a former UW QB.

I'm going with UW in this one. UVA will be sucking gas by the beginning of the 4th. Wyoming wins going away 20-10. Scoring will be a long pass from Sween to Bolling, a short run by Wynel (Scott misses the XP), and a pick-six by Julius Stinson (in no particular order). UVA will get on the board with a touchdown in the first quarter after a long drive, and gets a field goal early in the third quarter. It will be 7-7 at the half.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

J-Rod I agree with your prediction but I must add that Chris Gould is our kicker, not the true freshman.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

PokeNer wrote:That would be an incredible game, especially considering that Stinson Dean comes back for one game and gets an interception return for a touchdown. :lol: Pretty good for a former UW QB.

I'm going with UW in this one. UVA will be sucking gas by the beginning of the 4th. Wyoming wins going away 20-10. Scoring will be a long pass from Sween to Bolling, a short run by Wynel (Scott misses the XP), and a pick-six by Julius Stinson (in no particular order). UVA will get on the board with a touchdown in the first quarter after a long drive, and gets a field goal early in the third quarter. It will be 7-7 at the half.

Ah wrong stinson, I meant Julius :lol:
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Robbie Gould's lil brother, too..
too bad my boy robbie went to PENN ST. no UVA...I must say that he helped us last year be a few missed FGs himself just like our ex-f-word Goodman..
GO POKES!
and GO BEARS!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:Robbie Gould's lil brother, too..
too bad my boy robbie went to PENN ST. no UVA...I must say that he helped us last year be a few missed FGs himself just like our ex-f-word Goodman..
GO POKES!
and GO BEARS!
Yes, Robbie Goulds' brother, but ease up on the language a bit.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UVAMan04
Buckaroo

Predictions are so hard. I like the detail of the first one. I read somewhere the other day that UVA fares much better when they score first on the road.

I am going to go conservative. UVA by 2 or more TDs, with the defense scoring at least one.

UVA scores early because WY goes for broke by loading 8 in the box thinking (and I'm more convinced of this because of a recent interview I saw with your coach) that we have nothing to throw to and will continue to use our TE's as extra tackles. That will not be necessary this year with this matured O line. I see TE's, our LARGE fullback and others (a new wrinkle) getting behind the 8 and your safeties going OH S%#T!! After we establish our lead, we pound away.

Giving a nod to you altitude driven ones, we do gas out a little in the fourth, but it's not a big deal because we have the lead and your guys are also gassed because your D has been on the field A LOT.

May it most of all be a safe game and everyone walk away with nothing more than a normal football nick or bruise.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

CFN has Wyoming 23 UVA 20.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I heard that this is only UVAs 14th game west of the Mississippi. Thats crazy because they've been playin football since 1888
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

wyopokesfan23 wrote:I heard that this is only UVAs 14th game west of the Mississippi. Thats crazy because they've been playin football since 1888
But look at the disparity of teams between the East and West.. it's absurd.
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

PokeNer wrote: UVA will be sucking gas by the beginning of the 4th. .
Yah, sucking gas that the Pokes passed! As long as Moore doesn't fumble and
Sween not intercepted too much, it will be close game.
hoo_u33
Buckaroo

I say its a close game but UVA's DL is going to be way to much for WYO's new Oline. still going to be pretty low scoring with UVA winning 24-10
UVABy20
Buckaroo

34-14 UVA...and it won't even seem that close
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

good guess?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

UVABy20 wrote:34-14 UVA...and it won't even seem that close

It didn't really seem that close to me, but thanks for showing up.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I had a tiny little feeling UVA was underestimating us just a tad. I didn't know it was that much. One UVA fan predicted a 20 point UVA win. Outcome? 20 point Wyoming win. Off by 40 points buddy. Oops. Honestly I think our offense was a little off and still mistake prone. I think they will still improve from todays perfromance. O line though, brilliant. Sween had very good protection against literally one of the better D lines in the nation. And man could D Mo have a huge year as this line gets more experienced! All that said, the biggest stat coming out of this day.... 120 total yards for UVA! And less then 10 rushing. UW put up 474, and had they executed better as I mentioned earlier, could have easily put up 35-40 points. Also what was with 3 straight QB sneaks at the end of the 1st half?? I have no problem with playing conservative, and not going for points there, but Glenn just handed them a field goal there. Our defense played more then well enough to earn a shut out, and its too bad that cost them it. Oh well, I'll take the outcome. Next up, Utah St. Lets just not pull a Michigan and stay healthy for Boise.
Wyoming 41 Utah St. 0