The Missing Link

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

There is an article in the Sunday CST about the Cowboy basketball team, but I could not find a link for it. Mostly it talks about the seniors on the team. Johnson has already completed half of his two game suspension. There was an informal scrimmage with Washington on Saturday. Due to NCAA rules, these informal scrimmages are allowed if they are kept quiet. You can't keep score or even talk about the scrimmage. Evidently, they have been going on for quite a few years. It sure seems like it would be better than beating on your own teammates all the time. I also heard that our assistant coaches put on the pads and went out on the court and beat and hacked on Waddell to get him more accustomed to what it will be like in the D1A and the MWC. From what I have heard, Waddell is ready. The #5 spot is going to be very important this year, and we have two big guys that can spell each other and make their presence known. I don't know how far this team can go, but I believe the MWC teams are going to be very surprised at the difference of this team compared to last years team. This team is here to play basketball.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I saw on the other board that apparently the Pokes had a very good showing against Washington in this weekends scrimmage. I believe they said we won the scrimmage by roughly 10 points. They also said Ogirri went off for over 30 points. I also think this team is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Thiam is going to be a huge help for the conference portion of the schedule. Don't be surprised if Thiam is in the discussion for MWC newcomer of the year towards the end of the season. Does anybody know exactly when he gets to play? I thought I heard somewhere that he will be available Dec. 13 for the Shootout in Casper. With him in the lineup, I honestly elieve we have a chance to beat UCLA.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

That is the date I heard he will be elgible too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.