Went and watched Mens BB team last night

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyNative
Ranch Hand

a waste of time. Same poop different year. No floor leader, Linskins didn't find any hands during the off season and Ogirri kept falling over his trunks because they were down around his ankles. Where the hell did they dig this guy up from? Ewing looked like he was just going throughthe pases. 12 white guys from Colorado Mines almost kicked our ass with a real bunch of well disciplined TEAM Players. Our guys looked like they were trying to impress their friends in the stands and trying to make the ESPN highlights. It is poop Schroyer.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

And yet many on this board said Schoyer was turning this team around and he brought in all these "fantastic" new players that were transfering in from other schools. Wow, who would have figured. I am willing to bet that we lose thier first game. What should we expect from a sub-par .500 coach.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I dont think you can say the Wyoming team is completely undisciplined if you are comparing them to Mines. I have never seen a team in any sport more discplined than Mines (how do you think we Orediggers are able to be competitve when we are always dominated in the talent department). Before making any conclusions on this team, I think we need to see them in a regular season game that actually counts.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Wow. I didn't see the exh. game, but my god it is way too early to make huge judgements about this team. I started out last season very optimistic about Schroyer, and finished the year a little disappointed in the fact that the kids didn't seem to be buying in, and we really didn't improve much over the season. I would say my final grade of his first season was a C. Now he has a lot of his pieces, and much of the team that was here when he arrived is gone. Excuses will be minimal this year, and I think if he fails to play .500 in conference and win 9-10 games out of conference with that schedule, he will already be on the hot seat after only 2 seasons. This should be a 18-19 win team, and should play in the post season.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

WyoCow85 wrote:Wow. I didn't see the exh. game, but my god it is way too early to make huge judgements about this team. I started out last season very optimistic about Schroyer, and finished the year a little disappointed in the fact that the kids didn't seem to be buying in, and we really didn't improve much over the season. I would say my final grade of his first season was a C. Now he has a lot of his pieces, and much of the team that was here when he arrived is gone. Excuses will be minimal this year, and I think if he fails to play .500 in conference and win 9-10 games out of conference with that schedule, he will already be on the hot seat after only 2 seasons. This should be a 18-19 win team, and should play in the post season.

With this great "strength of schedule," even if the basketball team does go .500 in conference play, they will not be playing in the post season.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I saw on the news last night we lost Dermody due to an elbow injury. He may be lost for the season. We have some depth at that position, but it will hurt our depth.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.