These are the facts on Wyoming Football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

CowboyCO wrote:I am hoping for Gary Barnett for next year. If some other school doesn't get to him first.
Well, at least with Barnett, Wyo. can be assured that they won't have a woman place kicker. And he is good at springing the players he recruits out on bail before game time.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

[quote="Evermore"]Does anyone think that the problems come from further up than Glenn?

I have never been been a big advocate for the choice that was made to hire TB.
That said though, He did hire a big time coach for VB......not sure what happened this season. I do know personally from an ex vballer (married to a certain NFL player now) that the old coach was not popular with any of the girls.
As long as I am rambling I just want to put my 2 cents about recruiting to Laramie. Take at look at the other sport rosters. How can Legerski get 18 year old girls from another continent, warm continents by the way, and bring them to Laramie where there are no malls, no shopping, and it's cold. What I have seen from Emma Langford so far this season I'm sure she was recruited by other schools.
Not recruiting outside of Colorado is ridiculous and is one more reason I am glad to say.....adios Joe.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
luckrandy
Buckaroo

First off Gary Barnett is not the answer!!! He will have one good season then bolt for a bigger school. He wouldn't want to stay in Laramie. Look at previous examples (Dennis Erikson). If we do fire Glenn which I believe would be a mistake we should go after someone who will want to stay. My suggestion would be Mike Leech from Texas Tech, I know this is a stretch but he is a Wyoming native and he might want to come home especially if he finishes strong at Tech. Other than that it will be the same old crap from Burman and we will hire someone who either will bolt after one good season or will get someone like Schroyer who went backwards in his first year.

Here are my suggestions. Keep coach Glenn, this would save us the buyout money and maybe we could use it to recruit better players. He only has one year left on his contract. One more year isn't that bad and the new coach couldn't do much with what we have back next year anyway. We need to fire the special teams coach and maybe the receivers too. And we need someone to take over the recruiting that will be a great D1 evaluator of talent.

If we fire Glenn we need Burman to go after some quality coaches. Like I said before Mike Leech would be good or how about these names: Steve Sarkisian, Dan Mullen (O.C. @ Florida), Bryan Harsin (O.C Boise State), Norm Chow, and I think we should try to keep the defensive staff.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Evermore wrote:Does anyone think that the problems come from further up than Glenn?

Take a look at our records under Burman. From what I can tell, the only winning program we've had is Women's BBall. Men's Bball has gotten arguably worse from hiring a new coach (read: friend), Football is certainly worse, women's soccer got a new coach and finished with a losing season, the volleyball team got a new coach and went from basically a 50.50 team to only winning 4 games so far this year....

I'm hopeful that wrestling will be awesome, as Branch seems like a stud, and Korir has been awesome for the X-Country team, but any sport that requires a team has gotten progressively worse during Burman's tenure. True, we've got a lot of fancy new buildings now, but I'd rather the football team practice in the field house and win games.

Keeping Burman and just turning over coaches isn't going to yield anything better. If we're going to start placing blame, let's really start at the top.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but Tom Burman has only been here since 2006. On the Schroyer hire, I think you have to give a new coach more than 1 year to prove himself. It wasn't against a very good team, but I like what I'm seeing from the basketball team so far this year. I think TB has more loyalty to UW and more desire to get MWC championships than the two ADs we had before him. Our athletic programs started the downhill spiral almost 10 years ago.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

Tom Burman needs to make a great hire in a new football coach—if things continue as they are or get worse, it may be his job on the line. I thought the men’s BB team looked pretty good Friday and hope that his BB coach hire will work out. The wrestling hire looks good, sounds like the future will be better for soccer and volleyball although I don’t know the difference between a volley ball and a soccer ball. (I think high score wins)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

armchaircoach wrote:Tom Burman needs to make a great hire in a new football coach—if things continue as they are or get worse, it may be his job on the line. I thought the men’s BB team looked pretty good Friday and hope that his BB coach hire will work out. The wrestling hire looks good, sounds like the future will be better for soccer and volleyball although I don’t know the difference between a volley ball and a soccer ball. (I think high score wins)
I think the wrestling hiring will prove to be a success... he'll need a similar football coach hire to save his own job. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage